Rose Bowl

13»

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    just off the top of my head ....the best teams of the past ten years...i'm sure if i did a little homework the numbers would change

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Let's skip the micro-analysis.

This is the real topic for discussion:

Matt's NYC adventure.

• the media built USC up to be better than they ever were.

edpowers - dead wrong about vince. he's a phenomenal talent, and the best thing about him (even considering his arm/legs/poise) is his confidence, which bled through to the entire UT team ... they were talented across the board, but he gave them their swagger, and he'll do that to whichever nfl team takes him .. should be houston (his native city), but they're taking bush, so whatever .. he's going to be a good one.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    edpowers - dead wrong about vince. he's a phenomenal talent, and the best thing about him (even considering his arm/legs/poise) is his confidence, which bled through to the entire UT team ... they were talented across the board, but he gave them their swagger, and he'll do that to whichever nfl team takes him .. should be houston (his native city), but they're taking bush, so whatever .. he's going to be a good one.

Not to discount the importance of confidence but that's such an amorphous quality to try to apply to someone's playing ability, let alone future potential in the NFL. It's about as meaningful as saying someone's "gutsy." I mean, a lot of athletes are confident; being cocksure practically comes with the territory yet I'm sure there are a lot of very confident players whose abilities live below their self-perception. In any case, how that dynamic plays out on a college team is far different than how it might play out on an NFL team.

But yeah, if Young enters the draft this year, it is entirely possible Houston will try to nab him, though most smarter pundits I've seen all think that'd be a sentimental mistake.

• you're kind of missing my point oliver. he's a natural leader who singlehandedly changed the UT program - it's not just a matter of him being confident (i probably phrased that the wrong way ...). i'll see if there are some articles out there about it .. my brother would know ... he lives in austin and has been raving about vince young since he was a backup to simms ...