Soulstrut "Haters" (reputation related)

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
http://www.solesides.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=003448Not hating on those claiming we are haters and "intimidating." I thought it was interesting to read a non-Stonesthrow.com and Non-Britishfunksnobs opinion on our well cultivated mind gardens. BTW, Joost does great work on the solesides.com site for all things Quannum, I mean hated .

Comments

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    well, I see an imminent location:

"trapped by their own hip hop intellect"

• ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts
    This is funny as hell! Carry on...intimidate some bitches!

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Hi Mark! I think I should go on that site and show them how to do push-ups the right way!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

This pic is just too dope.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    The 3000+ posts members (excluding Cosmo Baker) tend to be intimidating, the ones making moves in the real world (J-Wizzle, Soulman, Paul Nice, Olski,...) aren't.

• The 3000+ posts members (excluding Cosmo Baker) tend to be intimidating, the ones making moves in the real world (J-Wizzle, Soulman, Paul Nice, Olski,...) aren't.

b-cause: no real world moves

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    To quote a fellow strutter, "you could say I'm for peace on earth and still get harped on by some of the 'old' members with 3000+ posts". Source will remain anonymous as it was a PM. Dude did have 2K posts.

...anyway...3K+ club members are testing some of the "pop-tarts" and shit...I get it...the newbies...the rookie syndrome...shit like that...I have a feeling I could read Faux-Rillz mind, write that shit down on Soul Strut and he'd still be colder than a Siberian Yeti Turd to me...but whatever...it's a forum and therefore you're automatically putting yourself up for inspection by some knowledgeable folks...if ya can't take the heat...fuck 'em...

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    what makes me so itimidating? And what yall wanna know about my real world moves?

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts
    what makes me so itimidating?

nothing

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

nothing

sayin.

i'm sitting in my house posting to some stupid message board in a t-shirt and shorts. I am the opposite of intimidating! The OPPOSITE you bitches! Say that to my face, you fuckers!

sorry.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

i'm sitting in my house posting to some stupid message board in a t-shirt and shorts. I am the opposite of intimidating!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

nothing

sayin.

i'm sitting in my house posting to some stupid message board in a t-shirt and shorts. I am the opposite of intimidating! The OPPOSITE you bitches! Say that to my face, you fuckers!

sorry.

I can't imagine why anybody would be intimidated to post here. I knew immediately that I could bend all of these poptarts to my will, and just waded in...

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    The 3000+ posts members (excluding Cosmo Baker) tend to be intimidating, the ones making moves in the real world (J-Wizzle, Soulman, Paul Nice, Olski,...) aren't.

That's a double-edged sword though, isn't it?

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I knew immediately that I could bend all of these poptarts to my will, and just waded in...

...I have a feeling I could read Faux-Rillz mind, write that shit down on Soul Strut and he'd still be colder than a Siberian Yeti Turd to me...

ahem...the yeti turd... (this actually comes up when you google search yeti turd)

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    I'm not in the 3000 club yet *wipes fake sweat off of virtual forehead*

Some things I notice in general over the years:

1) People take opinions the wrong way when they're typed out. Many reasons to this.

2) When one or two people are 'hating', people like to get the impression that EVERYBODY is being 'a hater'. This also happens when one or two people like something. EVERYBODY is a dick-rider. There's a total lack of perspective.

But to the dudes that are intimidated, don't be. If you have your proper foundations, (james brown, curtis mayfield, james brown productions), you know everything you need to know. The rest is all bullshit.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

1) People take opinions the wrong way when they're typed out. Many reasons to this.

Let's get something straight here.

Anything I ever said that you took the wrong way, I MEANT FOR YOU TO TAKE IT LIKE THAT.

• Solesides are just being hater-haters.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    This is the first message board I ever messed around with, and so far it has been very pleasant and informative. I view the soulstrut board like a Salon (with the accent.) A lot of shit said in jest, a lot of great information exchanged, questions answered, topics disscussed, funny conversations, putdowns, readings (beat posts) and shared experiences from people who have similar interests. (bad grammar) I could understand the hater reputation, but you wasn't rolling over to Gertude Stein's house without knowing a thing or two. The other boards I've looked at have been real baby-ish.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    The other boards I've looked at have been real baby-ish.

yeah, seems like your choices beyond the Strut are US boards with lots of:

U NO HOW WE DU!!! SOUTH SIDE REPREZENT!!!

or UK boards with:

price check, is the Nancy Wilson on Wand with the dead wax erratum truly worth 800 quid? Or is it all bangers and mash?

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

Anything I ever said that you took the wrong way, I MEANT FOR YOU TO TAKE IT LIKE THAT.

e-thug life

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts

e-thug life

"You're gonna take a long walk off the short, virtual peer paysanne..."

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

I can't imagine why anybody would be intimidated to post here. I knew immediately that I could bend all of these poptarts to my will, and just waded in...

[Peter Lorre Voice] But Master Rillz! Your will cannot be carried out by just any poptart. To even dream of being such a sycophantic poptart would intimidate the manliest of men! [/Peter Lorre Voice]

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

1). *Ahem* I prefer to intimidate in person and maaaaaaaan HCrink and Reynaldo are faaaaaaaaaaaar from intimidating

2). I guess you're not keeping up on what be happening in the announcement section world.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    "18. All warfare is based on deception.
    19. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.
    20. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.
    21. If he is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him.
    22. If your opponent is of quick to anger, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.
    23. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them.
    24. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. "

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    "18. All warfare is based on deception.
    19. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.
    20. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.
    21. If he is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him.
    22. If your opponent is of quick to anger, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.
    23. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them.
    24. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. "

I need a version of this without footnotes. What do scholars know of war?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Sun Tzu

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Sun Tzu was the author of The Art of War, an immensely influential ancient Chinese book on military strategy (for the most part not dealing directly with tactics). He is also one of the earliest realists in international relations theory.

Sources on Sun Tzu's life

The only surviving source on the life of Sun Tzu is the biography written in the 2nd century BC by the historian Sima Qian, who describes him as a general who lived in the state of Wu in the 6th century BC, and therefore a contemporary of one of the great Chinese thinkers of ancient times???Confucius. However, the biography is not consistent with other sources for the period, and both the form and content of The Art of War indicate that it was most likely written between 400 BC and 320 BC.

Sun Tzu's own work, The Art of War appears to provide a number of direct clues to his life, for example, war chariots described by Sun Tzu were used for a relatively brief period ending in the 4th century BC and so dates at least part of the work to that time.

Some scholars have concluded that Sun Tzu's work was actually authored by unknown Chinese philosophers and that Sun Tzu did not actually exist as a historical figure. This can be seen further in the way that the historicity of Sun Tzu is discussed extensively in the introduction to Giles' 1910 translation available as a Project Gutenberg online text. Giles gives a feeling of the doubt and confusion which has surrounded this subject.

In 1972 a set of bamboo engraved texts were discovered in a grave near Linyi in Shandong[1] http://membres.lycos.fr/suntsu/Sun_Tzu.htm these have helped in confirming the text which was already known and have also added new sections [2] http://www.sonshi.com/ames.html This text has been dated some time between 134-118 B.C. [3] http://www.fak.dk/Files/Filer/FSMO/Specialer/200304/Military_theory_and_concept_of_Jointness.pdf and so rules out older theories that parts of the text had been written much later.

Sun Bin, a crippled descendent of Sun Tzu, also wrote a text known as the Art of War although possibly a more accurate title might be the Art of Warfare since this was more directly concerned with the practical matters of warfare. [4] http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/airchronicles/aureview/1980/jul-aug/killigrew.html At least one translator has gone with the title The Lost Art of War, owing to the extensive period of time during which this book was, quite literally, lost.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Part 1, Topic 3: ATTACK BY STRATAGEM
    Subtopic 18. Hence the saying: If you know the enemy and know
    yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If
    you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you
    will also suffer a defeat.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I find it helpful to do a little daily affirmation before I sign on in the mornings:

"Don't be intimidated. You have your proper foundations, (james brown, curtis mayfield, james brown productions), you know everything you need to know. The rest is all bullshit. Now go get 'em, tiger!"

Works everytime.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    As long as we all got the music, I couldn't give a damn about this war.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    ill say that absolutely none of you that ive met is even close to being intimidating... physically or record-wise.

though the shigger looks kinda scary when hes really really really mad.

physically (maybe):

mangoman is a big boy
    ONS is one big mfer
    wristband dude in LA (wristbands make me nervous... so much bacteria living underneath...)

record-wise (maybe):

ap cause the boy just knows shit
    dante is deadly with that small label knowledge
    peeroe has an incredible memory for music (but not much else)