Holy shit, How did I miss this?! DEAD PREZ RELATED

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    revolutionary... yet gangsta!

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    It's a funny video.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Ive been obessesed with this song/video for a month or two now. Its fuckin ridiculous. The concept,execution, not to mention the pure charisma of these dudes is FACEMELT.

I cant find the video version of this show. On the cd and all over the net as an mp3 is this wack as version with ugly electric guitar instead of the synth strings.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    damn, that's one of the dopest music videos i've seen in a while

• So it doesn't bother anyone that they beat up a pizza delivery guy and car jack some random family in the video? I understand the gangster part but how can you possibly claim yourself as a revolutionary if you are advocating those kinds of behaviors? Frankly I found it more edifying when they were talking about assasinating politicians.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    They justify it by showing in the end of the video that he was dreaming,do you REALLY take Dead Prez serious? LOL.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    do Dead Prez REALLY take themselves serious? LOL.

• They justify it by showing in the end of the video that he was dreaming,do you REALLY take Dead Prez serious? LOL.

I can say at one point in my life their music was inspiring to me and to friends of mine, many of whom were involved in revolutionary (trying at least) activities.

• Anyway, I'm just trying to provoke some discussion beyond "Wow, that video is rad!" Sorry if I'm coming off as too serious/earnest.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Anyway, I'm just trying to provoke some discussion beyond "Wow, that video is rad!" Sorry if I'm coming off as too serious/earnest.

Nah man, this is the kind of material that really does deserve a deconstruction/analysis. What goes on in that video is definitely ! I don't quite know how I feel about it after a first watch/listen. Seems like they're trying to go for more street appeal with their message while still being revolutionary, hence the title of the album. So, what's the moral of the story? That no matter how shiesty you are it'll catch up with you?