what did you GIVE for christmas?

meshmesh 925 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
As I have gotten older i have enjoyed giving presents a lot more. I wasn't able to really hook up the fam this year like i wanted to due to financial reason(i'm broke!) but I still think I did OK.Here is what I gave and to who:Girlfriend:lingerie(yeah buddy!) shoes, Rachel Ray knife, and pepper millMoms: got a serving dish and really nice non-stick frying pan(split it with my sis)Pops: some black socks(personal joke) and nice PJs from Nordstroms.Sis and Bro-n-law: ice cream makerNiece and nephew: a learning book and stuffed animal that looks like my dogcousins:gift certificates to Target, Anthropologie, and a day spaI am still in bed right now but we are geting ready to do the gift openings. Hopefully everyone will like what I got em!What did you give?

Comments

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    putting off shopping and then realizing today was christmas eve meant no presents from me....but i actually do plan on getting some belated ones before the new year (one requires me to drive 240 miles..)

?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    This was my first year as the bread winner of the family, so I wanted to get some nice stuff.

18 yr old Brother - Under Armour gym bag and car mats
    13 yr old Sister - Under Armour gym bag and keychain digi cam
    Mom - I Ching book and new Beatles bio book
    Dad - Big Foreman grill
    Mom + Dad - Axelrod - The Edge, Rolling Stones Raerities, Coltrane + Monk new discovery, The Bravery, Good Night & Good Luck OST, and Motown Remixed CDs
    Grandpa - Marine Corps photo book (he flipped out)
    Grandma - Weekend at Bernie's DVD (favorite movie that she won't shut up about!)

I feel pretty good about my giving this year. Got some goodies in return.

DJ Ferrari

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I was pretty broke too this year, but I sold records to give $50 to the Bradley Angle House (a battered women's shelter) and $50 to NW Medical Teams in honor of family members. My younger siblings get custom mix CDs as well.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    I was pretty broke too this year, but I sold records to give $50 to the Bradley Angle House (a battered women's shelter) and $50 to NW Medical Teams in honor of family members. My younger siblings get custom mix CDs as well.

nice. i wanted to do something like that as well. did you give through the internet?

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Moms - Some specialty chocolates she asked for.
    Pappy - Couple of books on Roman history from a used bookstore.
    Moms & Pappy - They wanted a new TV series to watch being they own all the Star Trek, jokingly they asked for "A new Star Trek series". So I got them the new Battle Star Galactica. I hope they like it.
    My Neice - Some little science thinger that lets you build some cool shit with mirrors.

• As I have gotten older i have enjoyed giving presents a lot more.

Definitely

Moms: Kenneth Cole wallet and a mouse and mousepad for her laptop
    Pops: Fleece sweater and 2 pairs of fleece sweatpants.
    Sisters: Bobbi Brown makeup brushes/Jets Pennington jersey

• Girlfriend: DVD of a german TV series she is mad about, rest is private :P
    Moms: Bottle of hella expensive bordeaux, Bookshop gift certificate, east of underground / placebo 1973 / baby huey & wim sojlwik CD-Rs for the car plus some crazy old flicks I downloaded on DVD
    Dad: Elephant man limited edition DVD that just came out, cant wait to give it to him, hes been bugging me for a VHS since forever!
    Dads Whifey: Body shop kinda ish
    Hommmie: OC - smoke & mirrors Lp & Blunts

• Options
    Mom: Pair of Merrell moccasin joints, plus $100 gift credit to Chico's (women's clothing spot), wrote her a nice card too
    Dad: 12" laser guided Craftsman Drill Press.
    Sister: $100 gift cards each to Babies R' Us, Home Depot Expo, and Chico's. Wrote the nice card.
    Brother In Law: Kenny Stabler mitchell and ness jersey, white (raiders)
    Cousin: $50 to Ahloe Cal Cruz surf shop
    Aunt: $50 to Chico's
    Uncle: $50 to Cabela's hunting catalog

Good friend #1: Paid his rent
    Good Friend #2: Hooded sweatshirt (I've stolen a few from him in the past)
    Good Friend #3: Chocolate Brown Rod Laver's, size 13.
    Good Friend #4: Sneaker Freaker book

Vietnam Veteran charity: 10 pairs of sneakers, some unworn or only worn once. Two hefty bags of clothes.
    Toys For Tots: A bunch of board games.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    i got my girl a dvd player, a stocking full of goodies, the jackson sisters lp (re-ish), this beautiful collage of coney island by a local artist from the bk and a grip of other things.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    brothers:
    chappelle's show season 1 dvd
    30 pack budweiser
    t-shirts
    hold em ps2 game
    "hype" dvd
    soundgarden "flowers" cds
    some mudhoney/green river bootlegs

parents:
    $30 johnny macaroni gift cert
    verdei(sp) champagne

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Here is what I gave today:

-Wifey: 3/4 length dark brown hooded shearling coat.

-Moms and Mother-in-Law: 14ct. gold necklaces (they like jewelry).

-My two sister-in-laws (wifey's sis and my bro's wife): Gold bracelets.

-Pops: A watch and a smoking jacket (His birthday is Christmas day).

-My brother: A watch (he loves watches, don't ask me why).

-11 year-old nephew: Madden 2006 for the 360 X-Box his parents gave him today.

-3 month old nephew: Infant jean and rugby pullover outfit (shorty gotta be stylin').

That is all. Merry Christmas to all!!! God bless you.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    my mom:
    new Floetry CD. shes real into this kinda stuff now. shes been playing that dude Kem's shit non-stop.

my dad:

61 dvd
    Bob Dylan cd

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    I bought my brother a ticket to go see JAMES BROWN with me here in DC (the show is three days from now)!

• I was pretty broke too this year, but I sold records to give $50 to the Bradley Angle House (a battered women's shelter) and $50 to NW Medical Teams in honor of family members. My younger siblings get custom mix CDs as well.

I understand the feeling.

For the first time ever I gathered up a pile of records and traded them in in order to get my girlfriend some Sex and the City DVDs. I hardly ever sell or trade ANYTHING so this was a statement to my urge to please her (and my complete lack of funds).

I also got her a custom knitted Christmas stocking that matches the ones for my kids (it's a family tradition you could say, it had more symbolic meaning than "excitement" value)

My son and daughter got ten tons of shit. Toys, candy, clothes, you name it.

Although oddly enough the most popular toy was a $2 slinky, which they both fought over and spent lots of time sending down the stairs. Crazy.

Oh, and "Santa" also gave both of them lumps of coal- er, charcoal. They thought it was funny.

• Wife - bracelet, knitting books, gift certificate to her fave knitting store
    Miles - Lots of toys, books
    Mom - Pajamas, book
    Dad - Book, cd box set
    Sister (secret santa gifts) - CDs, Disney DVDs
    Niece - DVDs
    Nephew - CDs, Yellow Submarine figurine
    other neices & nephews - clothes and toys

• Got various friends various things, but the coolest and most successfull gift was for my brother and his girlfriend. I commissioned a friend of mine to make custom dolls of them and they turned out to be absolutely incredible. Check out some of her work here.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Mom: Ray Charles - Live In Brazil '63 DVD, Bic Runga - Birds CD & Book Vouchers
    Dad: Underwear(he asked), Belt (he asked), The Long Way Round book.
    Sis 1: Mac Cosmetics voucher
    Sis 2: Common - Be & Blackalicious - The Craft CDs
    Myself: I blew $350 on 56 CDs the week before Xmas since I don't have to spend a vital organ on my wife this year.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Got various friends various things, but the coolest and most successfull gift was for my brother and his girlfriend. I commissioned a friend of mine to make custom dolls of them and they turned out to be absolutely incredible. Check out some of her work here.

that is neato

it's professor rockwell/every other white dude on this board, haha

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I was prettttttty broke for christmas, So I went in on gifts with my mom this year. Got my favorite cousin alejandro his first skateboard w/helmet. My aunts vases and nicknacks, my uncles clothes, my cousins video games, and gold earrings and necklaces for the girls.

The ones I'm most proud about: Bought my girlfriend a Betta fish, and all the gear to go with it. A little evil doll, a horse toy, and a marilyn monroe organizer. Got my little sister a puppy toy that sits and waves on voice command, also a little crazy sesame street ball. I got my mom 6 weeks of Yoga classes right up the street from our house. I got my mom and her best friend Roses w/ cards, and 2 tickets to see Mystere (cirque du soleil). I had to sell off my old computer to get all of this.

- spidey