Nicknames

JoshDJoshD 215 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Who here has a nickname? Self aplied names do not apply.

Comments

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    when I was a kid it was "een" or drewbert

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    All my college buddies still call me Batmon. When they used to call my mom's house........."Hello,may I speak to Batmon." Mom iz like "wtf!!!"

• stein, peace. . .

• JoshDJoshD 215 Posts
    Origins anyone?

After seeing me DJ, cheddar Bob once called me Disco Josh, stuck a little. Ness is a frequent user.

• whatup discoJosh?!! you good god?

i get a lot of nicknames on the basketball court. used to be bird, then detlef, slim shady, recently nowitzki.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Origins anyone?

Check previous post on "how did you get your name", somethin like that.

• My nick name is Tito. My grandma still calls me that. Been since birth. I didn't even know my government name till I was way older.

• recently nowitzki.

I know somebody else going by that nick aswell

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Nowitzki is today's version of Bird back in my playing days. When I was a 24/7 baller back in the day down in Greenwich Village "Blonde Bomber" was my court nickname.....my non-ball playing friends just called me Hippie.....still got the hair....lost all the playground moves.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Bapt from Baptman from Baptiste.

I also have "Bapt e-bapt"

Peace Bapt...

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Dr Ron C

or the paaaaaantydropper

peace, mole

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    drewnice. Even people who never knew I had the nickname eventaully end up calling me that. It haunts me to this very day.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    shokes/shokesy from "shoker", you can't get more geeky than a self imposed nickname in grade 7 where i combined letters from my firstname ("sh") and the letters "oker" from joker, because i got obsessed with the Joker from the first Batman movie. thankfully friends came up with derivations of the self imposed nickname to lower the geek factor...but the factor remains, you ain't phucking with nicknames if your first name's only one godamn syllable.

one of my lesser favs that i got a few times was "brown guy from SUM 41"

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    My full name is Nathaniel. I think its grown and sexy but nobody understood that as a child...its hard telling 2nd graders that Nathaniel is a grown and sexy name...thus I took the abbreviated form of it= Nat, given to me by my folks. Sometimes they called me NattyBump. gNAT is just a deviation of that. A nickname also given to me by second graders.

peace...

NattyBump

• pres, prestini, presto, dj lee press ons....

• girgir 329 Posts
    freshmen year of college i was given two nicknames: mad scientist and jesus, both from the same kid, once proclaiming a looked like a mad scientist and later jesus. for the rest of my fall semester kids i didn't know would walk by and be like "what's up jesus"