NFL library music- espn classics

spivyspivy 866 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
steelers vs. raiders...melting my face right now. i've known about this for a while but had never seen it. super action soundtrack funk of the highest degree. turn on your tv now!

Comments

• john tesch...that n**ga wrote the monday night football theme...saw him perform it live few years back on a talk show...shit was tight...anyone find some pics of john tesch rockin a keyboard face gets huge props...

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    kpm-heavy action is the monday night football theme that is still on today...epic horns shit. johnny pearson is the man!

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    john tesch...that n**ga wrote the monday night football theme...saw him perform it live few years back on a talk show...shit was tight...anyone find some pics of john tesch rockin a keyboard face gets huge props...

no he didn't he did the nba on nbc theme song. some kpm dude did the mnf theme back in the early 70s

• steelers vs. raiders...melting my face right now. i've known about this for a while but had never seen it. super action soundtrack funk of the highest degree. turn on your tv now!

Hells yeah.

http://www.fansedge.com/ProductDetail.aspx?pfId=32-00029&fc=TextLink_666

I'm going to have to find a way to beg, borrow or steal one of those. Dunno if I can justify $110, but it feels like a must-own.

• john tesch...that n**ga wrote the monday night football theme...saw him perform it live few years back on a talk show...shit was tight...anyone find some pics of john tesch rockin a keyboard face gets huge props...

no he didn't he did the nba on nbc theme song. some kpm dude did the mnf theme back in the early 70s

seems i been sonned...thanks

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    kpm-heavy action is the monday night football theme that is still on today...epic horns shit. johnny pearson is the man!

• Sam Spence did a lot of that NFL classic film music, I believe there is a box set on CD, and a couple of records, I have the 2nd one. He did stuff for De Wolfe, I have a track or two on a comp called 'Bite Hard'. The dude is sick.

$??

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Paging E_Daily...

• I thought it was pretty much common knowledge that some of the only American Library lables also did loads of ish they used in Pro Sports lateron.
    There also is a NFL Music library with loads of generic cover releases. Ask Alchemist about it

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Don't forget Bob's Band - Score (NFL Monday Night Football) ('72 Atco)

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    i've been told that "score" was the original monday night football theme but in 1978 they changed it to "heavy action". at some point in the 80's they used a few different themes but then in the 90's they brought back "heavy action" and also used that hank williams jr song...
    "score" is a good funk tune...good call!

• Heavy Action is on KPM 1136 INDUSTRIAL PANORAMA...Besides heavy action this record has mad loops ,a dope break and a couple real fresh funky cuts...definately one to pick up...