MPC 2500 I hear it feels cheaply made...

MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
I was speaking with my boy and he told me he messed around with the 2500 at a guitar center and he told me the parts felt real cheap and wasn't as solid as the 2000 maybe because they are made in China now and not in Japan? Does anyone have anymore info? Or has this been brought up already... Just wondering cause with items I have from China they are cheaply made as with a lot of things coming out of the corprate world... Anyone else mess with the 2500 I hear the pads are pretty much the same but everything else feels cheap... I guess time will tell...

Comments

• chasechase 767 Posts
    thats funny because 3000 guys are always knocking the 2000 for feeling "cheap"

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    yes, the 2500 feels like Fisher Price...

plaese send all disappointing mpc 2500's to:
    mr. nevercanaffordhisownmpc
    richmond, virginny

thanks.

• I dont know man, I was messing with it at a guitar center and it felt pretty fucking cool to me. Yeah a 3000 would be nice to own, but the was 2500 cool as hell. Its basically just a 2000 for the computer era, and the 2000 feels like shit anyway, not to mention the xl, so I wasnt really expecting wood grain panels or anything.

• thats funny because 3000 guys are always knocking the 2000 for feeling "cheap"
    not only feeling cheap but sounds thinner too. peace, stein. . .

• chasechase 767 Posts
    thats funny because 3000 guys are always knocking the 2000 for feeling "cheap"

I keep hearing that, I think Im to spoiled with the 2000 thou... what would I do with out wave form editing!?!

• thats funny because 3000 guys are always knocking the 2000 for feeling "cheap"

I keep hearing that, I think Im to spoiled with the 2000 thou... what would I do with out wave form editing!?!
    no doubt. if its working for you stick with it. does not matter what you use if it sounds good. apples and oranges. peace, stein. . .

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Those 3000 are built like freaking trucks. I have never edited wvaes on one what is different about it from the 2000?

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    damn. my boy just got an 2500. going over there monday with stack of wax......