Records You've Never Seen Before

13»

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

What's the deal with this one..?
    I can't find infos on the net about this particular rec.

Polish Avant-Garde Music - SXL 0613 - Muza - Made in Poland

The MW2 orchestra seems to be well known... dunno.
    The LP will be up soon for the REAL HEADZ.
    B.

I have a record on the same label. Called Super Love or something..

nothing good
    there are TONS of records on Muza. major label. some good some bad

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Polish Avant-Garde Music - SXL 0613 - Muza - Made in Poland
    I have a record on the same label. Called Super Love or something..
    nothing good

Aahh!! No funky but eyh! shit is good!

• Real people modern soul from '88 (sounds more like '82)
    with inept but charming and occassionaly hypnotic rhythm/synth section.
    Vocal dude sounds almost reminiscent of Police-era sting on the
    first cut "Outer Groove"...weird, but great.

http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1XEYUZVM322S92NHO243XGCUN8

• p.s. this is one of my favorite threads in a while

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

David Julian- "with you", this record is kinda ehh but its from West Seattle so I had to represent.

The Trio- from Villa Park High School, Dope cover of Bowie's space oddity. Also they do a cover of Neil Young "birds" and a grip of Beatles songs. As well as a cover of happy together.

Chris Rawlings- "pearl river turn around", one tracker private canadian folk lp

Chris Korzen- "nirvana for home use", bizarre record that I just got in the mail yesterday. The verdict still is not out on this one yet. Homemade real person oddball shit no doubt.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    OK, I'll play. This can't be that rare since I picked it up at TSL. Just wrote a review of it so it's fresh in the memor banks.

• boast1boast1 142 Posts
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

anyone have any info on this? its a private press on a label called Blake Company Records. all instrumental psych/jazz/funk.. killer lp from beginning to end. i cant find any info on the group or the label anywhere.

Scott Witte- "sailors dream" on Piggy Rooster Records. First off thanks to the D for this one. Aside from one track the whole album is acoustic guitar stuff, similar to John Fahey, Robbie Basho etc. Does anybody know if he has any more albums? Any Wisconsin strutters see this one out and about? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

• Scott Witte- "sailors dream" on Piggy Rooster Records

Great record, but I'd say it's much more fragile than Basho or Fahey.
    Pretty obscure, though one of the people helping Witte on the LP also appears on a L.D. Levy private jazz LP from around the same time.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Chris Korzen- "nirvana for home use", bizarre record that I just got in the mail yesterday. The verdict still is not out on this one yet. Homemade real person oddball shit no doubt.

Would love to hear more about this one.....rock?? folk?? jazz??

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    [quote
    cool private late 70's rock record. not great, but an ok listen
    Available For Trade???

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    anybody know this thing i found during the summer?

IMG src=http://www.boomspeed.com/fannywagon/depot1.jpg>
    IMG src=http://www.boomspeed.com/fannywagon/depot2.jpg>

"silly song" is actually sing a simple song..same lyrics too, i have no idea why they renamed it.

Well, the Litter was a Minneapolis garage psych combo, and the Depot was the old Greyhound Bus Depot before it was a nightclub, it later became Uncle Sam's, then turned into the spot that birthed Prince(and that I worked at in the 90s), First Avenue.

Correct!!! My old man has some tales of Zappa and the Depot that are pretty "far out". Dosen't Litter have a pretty saught after solo album? I think my boy has turned it up a few times, and it's in that Psych PDF that was going around. Mark Treehouse might have a copy.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    damn, that Town Criers has been sitting in a thrift for months - years maybe. I've almost bought it a few times. I'll have to go pick it up today...

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    [quote
    cool private late 70's rock record. not great, but an ok listen

Available For Trade??? i would, but its not in great shape. taped up seems on the sleeve, and the record is kinda scratchy. do you know it? i bought it from someone who was close friends with the artist. i didnt want to ask for more info cuz the lady was wierding me out so i bounced

• As discussed in the psych funk thread...

Aub De Baub

Thanks man. Straight heat.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Well, the Litter was a Minneapolis garage psych combo, and the Depot was the old Greyhound Bus Depot before it was a nightclub, it later became Uncle Sam's, then turned into the spot that birthed Prince(and that I worked at in the 90s), First Avenue.

Correct!!! My old man has some tales of Zappa and the Depot that are pretty "far out". Dosen't Litter have a pretty saught after solo album? I think my boy has turned it up a few times, and it's in that Psych PDF that was going around. Mark Treehouse might have a copy.

You mean Zippy Kaplan from the Litter? I dunno, I know that they had like 3 full length LPs or so, and I thought they turned into a combo called "Lightning" or something like that. Word was they had one reunion show in the 90s that was incredible, then some others that were just painful. If anyone would know about the Litter, it would def be Trehus. How is that old mofo anyway?

• What's y'alls $$ threshold for taking a chance on a private press jammie? Any other characteristics make 'em stand out more than others? I come across tons of them, but they always look wack as fuck.

Hey Rockadelic, what's up w/ these "Bees Knees" guys outta the MidCities?? I've seen like three of them this week...wack as it looks?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

What's y'alls $$ threshold for taking a chance on a private press jammie? Any other characteristics make 'em stand out more than others? I come across tons of them, but they always look wack as fuck.

If I don't know it less than $10.

9.7 outta 10 will suck, but sometimes the wackest looking ones are great.

look for original songs, or covers of good songs you know. Look at the instrumentation if it's listed. sometimes it just comes down to a dope mustache or something though.

• ILL -- Muziqa Andalusia. I'd love to hear that. Is it just oud and vocals or is it with an orchestra/ensemble?

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

You mean Zippy Kaplan from the Litter? I dunno, I know that they had like 3 full length LPs or so, and I thought they turned into a combo called "Lightning" or something like that. Word was they had one reunion show in the 90s that was incredible, then some others that were just painful. If anyone would know about the Litter, it would def be Trehus. How is that old mofo anyway?

No I meant Zappa, just relating it to the Depot. But, yeah Mark is old and sick. Bummer, real skraight duder. Would like to hear that Litter. The black and white cover one. With the drawing on it.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

No I meant Zappa, just relating it to the Depot. But, yeah Mark is old and sick. Bummer, real skraight duder. Would like to hear that Litter. The black and white cover one. With the drawing on it.

Sick as in ill? Is he OK?

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

9.7 outta 10 will have something intriguing in the cover art or liner notes that will justify a purchase.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

Sick as in ill? Is he OK?

Yeah, I think he's had some health issues, he's not in the store much any more. I'll have to ask my boy J*** Hunt, he knows him well.

Would love to hear more about this one.....rock?? folk?? jazz??

I've only listened once, its from the mid 80's, not folk or jazz, more weird pop/rock. Its hard to describe, I dunno what to compare it to really. Part of me thought it was cool and had cool elements and part of me was thinking, is this cheesy? Sorry, that description was probably no help. Its just one of those odd records that is right in the middle of being either cool or shitty.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

ILL -- Muziqa Andalusia. I'd love to hear that. Is it just oud and vocals or is it with an orchestra/ensemble?

No, only oud and vocals.

I'll up the record, just give me a couple of days.

I recently found that one:

Peace

p.s. this is one of my favorite threads in a while