SUGGESTIONS FOR A BETTER SOUL STUT

13»

Comments

• djrdjr 511 Posts

2. "Lil Dudes of Soulstrut" calendar.

too funny.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    Maybe you can add a worldwide diggers-location-guide, wiki-style.

This will save you a fa-fillion 'any spots in Montreal?'-posts.

Why would you want people blowing up your spots? I wouldn't mind something similar pushing more well known and established places but I'd hate to have my local secret spot listed for every digger to find.

Yes, I think this is a bad idea for obvious and non-obvious reasons.
    who's to say what is a known and unknown spot. If I travel to XXXXX, USA and inadvetanly post up someone's spot, that would be a bad look.
    Let the folks offer up their spots as they deem necessary, plus some of the best 'spots' are strutter's houses. If alot of these 'spots' questions are redundant use the search function, besides, the "sonned" graemlin wouldn't get as much use.

Maybe a function where users can rate the record reviewed with star system and add a sentence or two. Carrying a bit of interactivity over into the main site would be nice...

I think the idea behind this could be good, but in reality I could see this turn into a hatter fest.
    Speaking of, how about a seperate section for fools that just want to start beefs and hate on shit all day?

How about some more dynamic info related to dj's & gigs... for instance, setlists from shows or perhaps a listing of ongoing monthly shows around the world for folks that are interested or perhaps if dj's are traveling they can orchestrate their trips to coincide with a guest djing gig or the like.
    Like a sort of DJ exchange program?
    I've always thought look could work out well, but never really figured of a good way to execute it.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

I think the idea behind this could be good, but in reality I could see this turn into a hatter fest.

come on. this is soulstrut. when, in al seriousness has this place ever been a hatter fest? really?

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    more hiphop mixes!

STUT[/b]

• (Cough) a Wiki program...

• Maybe you can add a worldwide diggers-location-guide, wiki-style.

This will save you a fa-fillion 'any spots in Montreal?'-posts.

Why would you want people blowing up your spots? I wouldn't mind something similar pushing more well known and established places but I'd hate to have my local secret spot listed for every digger to find.

Yes, I think this is a bad idea for obvious and non-obvious reasons.
    who's to say what is a known and unknown spot. If I travel to XXXXX, USA and inadvetanly post up someone's spot, that would be a bad look.
    Let the folks offer up their spots as they deem necessary, plus some of the best 'spots' are strutter's houses. If alot of these 'spots' questions are redundant use the search function, besides, the "sonned" graemlin wouldn't get as much use.

Maybe a function where users can rate the record reviewed with star system and add a sentence or two. Carrying a bit of interactivity over into the main site would be nice...

Speaking of, how about a seperate section for fools that just want to start beefs and hate on shit all day?

How about some more dynamic info related to dj's & gigs... for instance, setlists from shows or perhaps a listing of ongoing monthly shows around the world for folks that are interested or perhaps if dj's are traveling they can orchestrate their trips to coincide with a guest djing gig or the like.
    Like a sort of DJ exchange program?
    I've always thought look could work out well, but never really figured of a good way to execute it.

There could be some kind of updatable calender in the announcements section for strutter-related events.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

Every week for years now I've been posting up record reviews. If people want to get interactive for now they could post on that thread. In reality[/b] Pickwick is basically the only one that ever has anything to say or shares any knowledge about the records from week to week.

• i would also vote to remove the "ghey" from the sayer and replace it with something more p.c.(no offense gay people). sayer is a hero around here. peace, stein. . .

• yearbook

yearbook staff.

letter jackets.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    i would also vote to remove the "ghey" from the sayer and replace it with something more p.c.(no offense gay people). sayer is a hero around here. peace, stein. . .

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    i would also vote to remove the "ghey" from the sayer and replace it with

• soul stut is definitely a positive move

havent been able to find the list of al the strutters lately. how do i get there? been trying to track someone down.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    less cocky arrogant dudes and more mangoman and clowning in general

• edubedub 715 Posts
    less cocky arrogant dudes and more mangoman and clowning in general

I think more feature-rich categories for what people are doing when viewing the Who's Online link -

like, in addition to viewing a thread in flat mode there would also be information about what that strutter is eating at that moment, what they're listening to, etc... that would be cool... kinda like unauthorized wire tapping, but different.

stein, you with me on this one?... it might be beneficial to your "research"

as far as suggestions for a better soul stut (sic) - probably not much help there

• less cocky arrogant dudes and more mangoman and clowning in general

I think more feature-rich categories for what people are doing when viewing the Who's Online link -

like, in addition to viewing a thread in flat mode there would also be information about what that strutter is eating at that moment, what they're listening to, etc... that would be cool... kinda like unauthorized wire tapping, but different.

damn. that would really be somthin' does this kind of technology exist yet?
    peace, stein. . .

• flunkflunk 230 Posts
    no barbaric class division

• less cocky arrogant dudes and more mangoman and clowning in general

damn. that would really be somthin' does this kind of technology exist yet?

I'd like to have it do a DNA scan and tell me certain things, like, say, if they have sickle cell anemia or are pre-disposed to having thunder thighs.

• how about a FAQ for equipment?

-WHICH PORTABLE SHOULD I GET?

-Which Needles are best for funk45's?

-How do rip mp3's for serato?

-rich

• -search engine for reviews & ish
    -graemlin & image/quote/url/etc box in the margin for writing posts
    -add strikethru and font size to that

thats a solid suggestion list der.

• Some kind of graemlin generator, for personalised amusement -----low quality control though----- (Dont ask me how it will be made, I just want one)

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    how about a (soulstrut)map of the world, with the ever growing soulstrut community it would be cool to get a location fix and overview on people map wise.
    with citys marked as dots,... clicking on a city like copenhagen (for example) a dialog box would say dejean dreskieboogie and upskiboo, clicking on newyork other names would pop up and so forth....
    the citys could even have different colors that would indicate how many soulstrut members lives in each city,... like 1-5 green, 5-10 red and so on.
    most strutters are located in US citys im sure.
    other features could be added to the map like diggin spots and record stores ect...

well just a crazy idear.

peace

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    how about a (soulstrut)map of the world, with the ever growing soulstrut community it would be cool to get a location fix and overview on people map wise.
    with citys marked as dots,... clicking on a city like copenhagen (for example) a dialog box would say dejean dreskieboogie and upskiboo, clicking on newyork other names would pop up and so forth....
    the citys could even have different colors that would indicate how many soulstrut members lives in each city,... like 1-5 green, 5-10 red and so on.
    other features could be added to the map like diggin spots and record stores ect...

well just a crazy idear.

peace

MAP

I like the idea of a forum where people could talk about records and stuff. I don't know, just a crazy idea. I think a good name could be "Crate Digging Revealed" or something like that.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

well just a crazy idear.

peace

MAP

I like the idea of a forum where people could talk about records and stuff. I don't know, just a crazy idea. I think a good name could be "Crate Digging Revealed" or something like that.

wow, this shit exists already, im probably the only one on SS that didnt know....thanks JLR!

• how about a FAQ for equipment?

-WHICH PORTABLE SHOULD I GET?

-Which Needles are best for funk45's?

-How do rip mp3's for serato?

-rich

an archives section could serve this purpose as well...

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Jamaica isn't named on the map,we are the island directly below Cuba,somebody make it happen.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

well just a crazy idear.

peace

MAP

That map is hot.

• edubedub 715 Posts

Re: SUGGESTIONS FOR A BETTER SOUL STUT[/b]

spell czech?