Reggae/Dancehall/Dub/Bashment Blogs

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
There's hella hip-hop blogs out there, many of which will have handy temporary MP3 downloads, etc. But where the reggae/dancehall equivalents??? Can anyone recommend some?

Comments

• no write-ups, but has mp3's (and sometimes video) of Jamaican top playlists songs and is update regularly:

http://www.reggae-vibes.com/jamtop20/jamtop20.html

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    You should be listening to Robbo Ranx right now like I am.

He's on Mondays and Thursdays (BBC 1xtra) and he gets most riddims waaaay before they come out on wax.

On the blog tip, you can check out my man (and my editor) Tomas Palermo and his blog on reggae, runnin', and life in SF.

• Options
    Buy some records you cheap bastard.

K.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Buy some records you cheap bastard.

K.

Actually I have about 30 000 reggae and dancehall records. I'm sort of a neat freak so most of them are still sealed. I've got them divided into pre- and post- 1970 but they're just taking up too much room in my small apt. Plus a lot of them are single-issue dub plates so I'm sure there's no real market for those. Fuck it, I'm thinking of just tossing them tomorrow on garbage day. They were fun while they lasted I guess.

• Options
    This in there - mine is a little marked?

I give you a 1987 Dennis Brown download for it.

K.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    http://breakingranks.blogspot.com/

My man Dave Stelfox brings the realness straight outta London town.

This in there - mine is a little marked?

I give you a 1987 Dennis Brown download for it.

K.

I got triples so I usually let your girl use one of 'em to serve me my dinner on.

• Options
    Ease up Junior, you might get hurt.

Now run along and get your 3rd World "Now That We Found Love" MP3.

K.

Ease up Junior, you might get hurt.

Now run along and get your 3rd World "Now That We Found Love" MP3.

K.

By the way: Jokes aside, I just put your records in the mail today. Should be there by Friday. Nice doing business with you. I've been trying to unload those for years. You're the only buyer that's ever been interested in these guys:

Hey, we've all got our own tastes I guess. Anyway, enjoy!!!

• Options
    WHo dat? In order to have an effective burn, your subject/comparison/trigger mechanism must have a wide appeal in order for it to be effective (ie funny).

You'll learn.

Don't see that group in any of these pics

Now go along and download some UB40

For someone who wants to learn about reggae, you're kind a pissin' off the wrong person on this board, no?

K.

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    When was that issue of Black Harmony released Kev? Mine's on Lazer...

We're participating in Denmarks sound clash championship where Robbo Ranx is guesting aswell.... Gonna be so kool!

If anyone records dancehall/reggae stuff and can make dubs/shout outs for us, please get in touch!

WHo dat? In order to have an effective burn, your subject/comparison/trigger mechanism must have a wide appeal in order for it to be effective (ie funny).
    Now go along and download some UB40.

For someone who wants to learn about reggae, you're kind a pissin' off the wrong person on this board, no?

K.

Hey you brought it not me. Everyone else was pretty helpful. All love.

P.S. Who's UB40?