My Sister Only Listens to John Mayer

13»

Comments

• realness + acousticness =

• I love this record.

Just out of curiosity, have you heard their other record? As good, better, worse, different?

overall worse. i have not listened to it in a long time - i remember maybe a song or two being OK, but I think that first record is not something that can be recreated, you know? it sounds like they tried with the second one and it just did not work.

Thanks. I can see how that would happen. The first time I heard that album I had to stop mid-conversation, it's just one of those things that exists by itself.

• HamHam 872 Posts

great album.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    i love jack johnson...harper and him should be a permanent band

• my Mom loves him (John Mayer) too and is right now watching his freeview cable concert where...I kid you not....is playing a version of cissy strut!!! WTF

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Let's get retarded in here. Shit this could be much worse. My sister only reads the Bible. Let's just say she isn't getting the best advice.

• flunkflunk 230 Posts

No, no, no, this is not my sister. She is fairly preppy, runs around in ugg boots and 200 dollar jeans. Shes more into non threatening hunky guy acoustic rock than emo shit. I dont even think john mayer is very emo at all. Is he?

lol....

• John Martyn's "Solid Air" kills it. I pull this record out for a listen every couple of months when i remember it.

But probably not a good idea for your sister.

• in her first year at stanford.

oh word she goes to Stanford? In that case for Christmas she gets....

THE BO-ZACK!!!!

Just playing. How about expanding her horizons with a little Kanye West?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    check out Flake or Flake Music...it's basically The Shins before they were The Shins, minus Dave Hernandez who was in Scared of Chaka at the time. Scared of Chaka is good too although I think they might be a little too punk for your sisters tastes.

• Or either Kings of Convenience albums.

How could i forget that?? Kings Of Convienience is awesome, it's an enigma that they're not bigger here in Sweden. But the again Sweden likes itself very very much and likes to sleep on good stuff from their neighbours (telle', lindstr??m, putsch 79, Bangkok Impact, Kings Of C./Erlend ??ye et.c.) and tries to concentrate on it's own "musical talents", needless to say that's a limited source.......

Sorry for straying from the subject..

/L

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    This guy is my boy and all, so I'm a little biased, but his shit really is a bit special.

• motorcycle diaries soundtrack?