the*under*500*posts*new*year's*mixtape*cd*swap

ryanryan 334 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
under 500 posts? great. in an effort to get the low count dudes involved, you are cordially invited to partcipate in a new year's cd swap. a few of rules to ensure q.a.q.c.:

--you MUST have registered with soulstrut no later than november 1, 2005.

--you MUST provide a tracklisting.

--let's try to keep the dollarbincommons to a minimum.

i have a vision. 20 people burning 20 cds each. big effort=big payoff. i will take the laboring oar on coordinating this leviathan, so any advice from strutters who have successfully pulled one of these off is appreciated.

once we get the list of people finalized, i will forward the details to the participants (postage, due date, etc.)

first twenty is plenty.

ryan

(p.s. for purely selfish reasons, i strongly encourage psych and funk heads to participate.)

Comments

• It's a mutiny!

They've finally discovered they don't need us!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    The last CD swap didn't go too well.

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    i have a dream. . .

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Don't mean to hatt, I wish you the best 'o luck. just sayin'.

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    i now see why. close to fifty views and no replies from target demographic.

c'mon low post count/part time lurker dude. have confidence, exit turtle shell. you can do it!

• i love psych. i'm in.

dont know if i can come up with incredibly raer joints though.

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    alright, 18 more spots! you know you wanna floss those records you're gonna blow your holiday cash on.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    --perhaps this obvious, but please try to avoid burning tracks that are available on reissues, boots, comps, other people's mixtape cds, mp3s, etc.

this might scare some headz off, too. You don't leave too much leeway when you narrow it down that much.

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    yeah, you're totally right. revised rules that are more warm and fuzzy. let's just avoid the dollarbincommons. see the top.

• yes, this is why i was hesitant.

i'll participate.

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    new and improved, no excuses.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Must provide a tracklisting Ehhh...

- spidey

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    don't let the tracklisting turn you off. it may be intimidating the first time around, but after its over you'll feel so much better about yourself.

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    due to the overwhelming response, the first ten are in. if i can't even get ten. . .

• count me in

• I'm in. What's next?

• girgir 329 Posts
    count me in

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    okay,

so far, we have

ryan

rocco2nr

mallard

spidey (please confirm)

beatstew 72

SolidState 16

gir

herbal essence

mjukis

one more spot.

details will follow once we get the list finalized.

• c'mon all...there's a few thousend people who check thuis site, aint there? we can get 20!!!
    in the end, you put cool stuff on your cd...dont be afraid of the cd swap!!!

• I am in. Can we just yousendit to eachother? I think this would cut down on the flaking.

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    i am more or less a luddite, and know next to nothing about yousendit. tell me more.

• It basically assigns your mix (or any other file) with a link that allows others to download it.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I'd love to do it, but I don't have any technology... Might be able to do it at a friends' place, though. Keep us posted. I'm 90 % sure I'm in.

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    sounds like a potentially great idea. A few questions:

how long would the mixes be available?

how is the sound quality?

can you burn the mix to cd or ipod?

what do the rest of you think?

• i'm not really a dj, but i am working on a mix of stony/funky soul stuff (maxayn, curtis mayfield, sylvers, brown sugar, shit like that) and i'd be down to throw it in the mix when it's complete. i'm looking to finish it up in the next 3 weeks (i have a 2.5 week vacation after this friday). add my name. peace.

g b

• despite the possible headache in receiving cds, i gotta plug that route before going with yousendit...i way prefer having a physical thing from all you guys above downloading soundfiles...plus, i'm a knob with the computer and cant be fucked to go find someone to help me put my mix online to be downloaded.

if the group is interested, i'd be happy to act as the hub to where all cds be sent and i can sort them and mail them out to everyone...

brian

• i'll agree that i'd rather see us mailing cds instead of uploading mixes somewhere. it's not that hard.

• room for one more?

• JoshDJoshD 215 Posts
    I'm down.

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    okay,

so far, we have

ryan
    rocco2nr
    mallard
    spidey (please confirm)
    beatstew 72
    SolidState 16