Diggin' in Paris

indiana45sindiana45s 266 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
I'm going to Paris, France next week to visit my wife's family. I'll be staying in the 15th quarter, a few blocks away from the Eiffel Tower. When I'm not eating steak frites and chillin' in cafes I'll be dodging rioters and checking out some vinyl spots. So here's a call out to strutters around the world.Please.Let a heatspot loose.I want to pick up some nice French titles while I am in town, maybe some African music, etc. Anyone in Paris who would hook me up with a couple locals gets a big hug.Thanks!

Comments

• I was there last week, take your credit card with you or enough cash

Otherwise you will be disapointed by the prices for a VG- shitty copy of a 12" single.

• if you are feeling like spending stupid cash, bring a fat stack of euros to Monster Melodies, sorta near the Louvre. *not* a place for bargains whatsoever, but big stacks of goodies everywhere if you are $ prepared. i recall flipping thru 2 feet+ of dope Gainsbourg records.

• Dont miss the fleamarket at clignancourt!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Charles Degalle Airport...

seriously. what a clusterfuck!

• try to find my man Yuri.I can't recall the name of his store as I've never been to it.He alway's has awesome records to trade when he comes to see me.Top dealer!I also thought Paris Jazz Corner was decent.If you have any quality disco or soul to trade-Bring it.

• try to find my man Yuri.I can't recall the name of his store as I've never been to it.He alway's has awesome records to trade when he comes to see me.Top dealer!I also thought Paris Jazz Corner was decent.If you have any quality disco or soul to trade-Bring it.

just bought a record from that guy youri. his shop is called chez youri. he's on ebay his name is 21stcenturydigger he'll probably give you directions to his shop.

i found paris really wack for records. that was about 5 and 7 years ago. thought i'd be finding serge gainsborough for days instead i was finding 80s serge records for 30 bucks.

i just love paris though so i wasn't shopping for records most of the time i was there.