What kinda turntable do you have?

2»

Comments

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    wow audio research, I didn't expect anyone here to bring that up........

I have a linn sondek that I posted a pic of on the last incarnation of this therad. Plus the standard 1200's and gp3.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Got two Vestax PDX-2000s with Stanton 520 Craze edition needles for skratching and whatnot, but I listen on an ERA record player from 71 or so. Really nice. Sorry, no pic.

- J

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts

I actually have two Tech 1200 MkIIs and an Allen & Heath XOne02, with Stanton 505 Sk2 carts.

Standard, but gooooooooooood.

• i use the EAR - 834P phono preamp - its a beautiful sounding tube unit. throws a nice soundstage.

i run it thru a urei 1620 & use the tape outs to feed an earmax pro headphone amp (tube). The difference between the urei headphone jack & the Earmax is ridiculous. i recommend this setup w/ the sennheiser 650s..

turntables - 2 Technics.. one with Origin Live Silver arm ...other w/ KAB fluid damper mod.

sorbigel mats over the platter.

next .. http://www.decks.co.uk/products/accessories/deck_accessories/isonoe

then done.

peace
    j.

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    Luxman pd310 (belt driven, why do you all want direct?) with a Fidelity Research FR64s tonearm.
    Just got a new Sansui amp from mid 70s which sounds brill!

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts

sure white labels for the carts incidently.

How are those white lables treatin ya? I've got M 447s which I love.

To stay on topic - I have two 1200s - they're pretty old too.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

sure white labels for the carts incidently.

How are those white lables treatin ya? I've got M 447s which I love.
    i think they sound a whole lot nicer than the m447's and since i don't skratch im not looking to sacrifice sound quality.

i've had these for about 8 months and im still freaking on how good everything i throw on the decks sounds.

peace

Luxman pd310 (belt driven, why do you all want direct?)

Otherwise you'd let the record go and it'd go woooooooooaaaaaaarrrrrrr as tried to catch up to the correct speed.