Akai 6000 sampler price check

djcoolhandsdjcoolhands 548 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
i am unloading mine to a friend... I'm thinking $450, am I way off?

Comments

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    i am unloading mine to a friend... I'm thinking $450, am I way off?

nah, thats about right. especially if its for a friend. you might be able to get a little more on ebay. i think i got about 450 for my s5000 but it was pretty much full blown with a bunch of extras.

dump it as fast as you can though, those things are doing nothing but declining in value.

• dump it as fast as you can though, those things are doing nothing but declining in value.

seriously. even the z-series are in the gutter price wise. 450 sounds about right for a 6000...which is kind of sad because those were (and still are) awesome machines.

• thanks guys, that's what i figured too.

• dump it as fast as you can though, those things are doing nothing but declining in value.

seriously. even the z-series are in the gutter price wise. 450 sounds about right for a 6000...which is kind of sad because those were (and still are) awesome machines.

• ever used one? the s-series was theeee thing to have six years ago. of course it's obsolete thanks to kontakt/fruity loops/whatever, but pair it with a sequencer and you can still make top of the line productions with one. a good investment i'd say. plus detachable faceplate = awesome.