since there is no NFL post this week......

edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
THE BEST OF NFL TALK.........[/b] THE EDITION Phill Most 9/11/05[/b] PHILADELPHIA- Loaded on both sides of the ball. I'm telling you, this team is gonna be a major problem for the whole NFL. Now that T.O. and McNabb have seemingly kissed and made up , only major injury issues can stop the Eagles from taking that Lombardi trophy this season. Jacobwizzle on the Seahawks 9/11/05[/b] We are mediocre son. Its pretty much the same story every year for this pathetic ass team. I'm tryin to lower my expectations so maybe these clowns will suprise me sweendoglongisle on the jets 9/11/05 [/b] if Pennington goes down again we got the best backup in the league in Fieldler (Long Island stand up). Coles is back, Chrebet is healthy and has an increased role in the new Hermdinger offense, and how you gonna deny having Curtis back there???......We'll be right in there and I'll be talking to you in January about a Philly-NY wager of raere??? PLUS, Blaylock stepping in as a back up to Curits?? edpowers 9/12/05 [/b]Ed's Power(s) rankings: 9)buffalo....watch the bills 16)seattle...Holmgren must go 30)chicago rkwpark 10/10/05 [/b]Kelly Holcomb is the future, Eric Moulds is back on track and Willis McGahee is running.Playoff bound baby! bellcity1...soufriere1...and pacman.....EAT YOUR WORDS!!!!! seriously...WHERE IS THE NFL THREAD THIS WEEK ????....[/b] Did the Texans miss that field goal on purpose?Has Chicago been exposed ?Are the Raiders that bad ??Are the Vikings for real ???Are the Colts going undefeated ??Is Favre done ??Is Kansas City done??Is Carolina in trouble ??Are The Steelers still alive ??DID THE DOLPHINS SPLIT YOUR WIG ??!!!?!!?

Comments

• AaronAaron 977 Posts

Are the Vikings for real ???

NO.

Is Favre done ??

I hope so. Give Rogers a look so we can decide whether to take Leinert or Young.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

I hope so. Give Rogers a look so we can decide whether to take Leinert or Young.

i'm assuming Rogers must really suck in practice if they haven't let him at least take one snap all season.......Favre looks awful and having those wack receivers isn't helping

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Yeah, Rogers sucks. Packers don't know how to draft, which will be proven again this year.

• Jacobwizzle on the Seahawks 9/11/05[/b]

We are mediocre son. Its pretty much the same story every year for this pathetic ass team. I'm tryin to lower my expectations so maybe these clowns will suprise me

Emphasize "Maybe these clowns will suprise me"!!!!!!!!!!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Phill Most 9/11/05[/b]

PHILADELPHIA- Loaded on both sides of the ball. I'm telling you, this team is gonna be a major problem for the whole NFL. Now that T.O. and McNabb have seemingly kissed and made up , only major injury issues can stop the Eagles from taking that Lombardi trophy this season.

Ouch.

Phil: I'd like to take a moment to say that I'm sorry if I came off as harsh two weeks ago when I declared the Eagles' season "over." I'm pretty sure that you didn't take it the wrong way, but I felt words were needed to tie up loose ends in my head. Believe me: as a life-long Seahawks fan, I've been through every single kind of bad season possible (the 'Hawks haven't won a playoff game since I was 5 or 6 and didn't much know what football WAS).

But, hey: it's not hard to like Seattle (lines: underdog team makes good, fat kid gets off the couch, loses fat, and realizes his potential) this year. Anyone want to climb on this wagon? It's like a fucking Conestoga.

Hopefully, when it's NFC Championship time, it'll be more like:

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I'm starting to warm up to the Dark Horse status of the Pats. Serious secondary issues remain, however. We are wasting Tom Brady's best season yet with a shitty depleted D, and it sucks. At least we're beating the teams we should.

DAMN YOU ED POWERS AND YOUR DOLPHINS!

Why couldn't you guys just let it go yesterday? We were having all this fun beating those woeful Buffalo Bills, and all you guys had to do was lose, and you screwed it up. We were golden...now we have to play Tampa Bay, while you guys get the J-E-T-S?!?!?! If that goes the way it very well could, the Pats-Fish Week 17 finale has a chance of being interesting, except we get those same J-E-T-S in week 16, ourselves - and your playoff run should die on that day, if not sooner.

• debardebar 215 Posts

seriously...WHERE IS THE NFL THREAD THIS WEEK ????....[/b]
    I was too damn depressed after that Chiefs game to talk about any football.

Did the Texans miss that field goal on purpose?
    makes you wonder, how the fuck do they lose all these games?

Has Chicago been exposed ?
    I guess you can call it that. It shouldn't have been a secret all year though, score some points to get the early lead to neutralize their running game (which is their whole offense) & call it a day.

Are the Raiders that bad ??
    Get rid of Kerry Collins, get Moss healthy, give Jordan 25+ touches per game, pick up a couple of competent O-linemen, shore up the defense & they'll be okay.

Are the Vikings for real ???
    I say no. They're 1-5 against winning teams, their opponents during the winning streak are a combined 29-49. Next week against Pittsburgh will be very telling & it may come down to that last game against Chicago.

Are the Colts going undefeated ??
    Call me a hatter but, no. I've predicted for 2 straight weeks that they'd fall (Pitt & Jax) and they've proved me wrong. But they've GOT to lose this week right? Desperate San Diego team in a win or go home situation against Indy who has nothing to play for. In a strange way I kinda want them to go 15-0 and then lose to Arizona that last week. Let Fitzgerald & Boldin have something to cherish for such a great year on a horrendous team.

Is Favre done ??
    no, if he comes back next year w/ Javon healthy & that O-line gets better, it doesn't matter if it's Green, Gado, Fisher or Davenport in the backfield with him, Favre will lead the Packers back to the playoffs.

Is Kansas City done??
    With all my biases put aside, I say no.

Is Carolina in trouble ??
    No, they're fine, they'll win the division.

Are The Steelers still alive ??
    yes

DID THE DOLPHINS SPLIT YOUR WIG ??!!!?!!?
    Thank you Saban for beating the Chargers the same week the Chiefs stumbled.

And back to that Chiefs game. Really, there were 2 plays that decided that game. Both were mistakes by 2 of their best & promising young guys. 1st one was the Scott Fujita sack near the end of the 1st half. Larry Johnson (at least I think it was LJ, it was a one-back set) blew that block. If you know it's a pass play with the primary receiver to your QB's left, you gotta make a bigger effort to slow down the blindside pass rusher. LJ barely even touched Fujita. Sack, fumble, TD pass. KC had dominated Dallas that whole 1st half. You can even tell Vermeil wasn't too worried based on his interview coming off the field. That play swung the game 14 points.

2nd play was the holding call against Derrick Johnson. So it's 4th & Goal from the 6. What do you think they're going to run? Maybe a curl to the tight end? It looked like Johnson would've had the coverage down, he just seemed to hold the guy at the line while he was looking in the backfield. Wesley, who is pretty bad despite that 3 INT game against the Pats, made a huge play to knock the ball down. Bledsoe thought it was over, Wesley thought it was over, a lot of people thought it was over, but a great redzone stand was wasted by a simple holding call. If he wanted to slow down the tight end, fine, bump him at the line, it's a great idea. But don't hold him. That shit pissed me off.

And that field goal? Kendall Gammon, who's been one of the best long snappers in the league, went down for the year 3 weeks ago. They signed Ed Perry who had done fine until the snap that counted the most. The snap was low, Colquitt needed an extra second to adjust the hold and Tynes pushed it right. So Green throws 2 strikes to go 50 yards in 15 seconds and we miss a 41-yard field goal. FUCK!

Anyways, I've said to myself that if the Chiefs were gonna lose the last 6 weeks, it was better off against Dallas & New York so it doesn't affect any tiebreakers. They still control their destiny. If they win out, they're in.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Im still recovering from that Chiefs loss. It doesn't look good in KC but you never know. Going to watch them at the meadowlands on saturday. Hope they show up.

• DID THE DOLPHINS SPLIT YOUR WIG ??!!!?!!?

i would like to personally thank you and your Dolphins for the wig=splitting effort this week

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    heavy hitter this week in washington
    dont sleep
    this past week was a chance for the skins to move a lil closer in the hunt. dallas won on a missed field goal... new york on a make... with a man who missed 3 in one game and lost it in seattle.

someone hit me with a good sports bar in philly or nyc. my boy is not able to go to the skins-cowboys game with me so im not goin

peacw

it very well could, the Pats-Fish Week 17 finale has a chance of being interesting

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I'm starting to warm up to the Dark Horse status of the Pats. Serious secondary issues remain, however. We are wasting Tom Brady's best season yet with a shitty depleted D, and it sucks. At least we're beating the teams we should.

pats and seahawks underlining that some teams don't have statement games until the playofs. every team in the nfl should be scurred of brady in january. every dude in seattle should be scurred of whoever the seahawks play after their bye.

oh yeah....

SAN DIEGO IS GOING TO BEAT THE DOG SHIT OUTTA INDY THIS WEEK .....

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    oh yeah....

I hope not... GO CHIEFS

• Are the Colts going undefeated ??

If the Colts go down I had already predicted that San Diego would have the best chance. Listening at some of the interviews of their starters though I believe they want to play and not sit out and break the 72' Dolphins record.....

Is Carolina in trouble ??

The Panthers need to look for a new QB......Jake Delhomme just isn't the answer.

Thank you Saban for beating the Chargers the same week the Chiefs stumbled.

And back to that Chiefs game. Really, there were 2 plays that decided that game. Both were mistakes by 2 of their best & promising young guys. 1st one was the Scott Fujita sack near the end of the 1st half. Larry Johnson (at least I think it was LJ, it was a one-back set) blew that block. If you know it's a pass play with the primary receiver to your QB's left, you gotta make a bigger effort to slow down the blindside pass rusher. LJ barely even touched Fujita. Sack, fumble, TD pass. KC had dominated Dallas that whole 1st half. You can even tell Vermeil wasn't too worried based on his interview coming off the field. That play swung the game 14 points.

2nd play was the holding call against Derrick Johnson. So it's 4th & Goal from the 6. What do you think they're going to run? Maybe a curl to the tight end? It looked like Johnson would've had the coverage down, he just seemed to hold the guy at the line while he was looking in the backfield. Wesley, who is pretty bad despite that 3 INT game against the Pats, made a huge play to knock the ball down. Bledsoe thought it was over, Wesley thought it was over, a lot of people thought it was over, but a great redzone stand was wasted by a simple holding call. If he wanted to slow down the tight end, fine, bump him at the line, it's a great idea. But don't hold him. That shit pissed me off.

And that field goal? Kendall Gammon, who's been one of the best long snappers in the league, went down for the year 3 weeks ago. They signed Ed Perry who had done fine until the snap that counted the most. The snap was low, Colquitt needed an extra second to adjust the hold and Tynes pushed it right. So Green throws 2 strikes to go 50 yards in 15 seconds and we miss a 41-yard field goal. FUCK!

Anyways, I've said to myself that if the Chiefs were gonna lose the last 6 weeks, it was better off against Dallas & New York so it doesn't affect any tiebreakers. They still control their destiny. If they win out, they're in.

I'm a Cowboys fan and I agree with what you said. The Cowboys can count themselves lucky as they were outplayed in this game and came out with the win. If Dallas loses to the Deadskins this week their season is over[/b] .

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    every dude in seattle should be scurred of whoever the seahawks play after their bye.

Seahawks @ Titans 12/18. NOBODY in Seattle is scurred hommie! LOL

• parenparen 537 Posts
    oh yeah....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(and as a purdue alum, i even like your mole-faced, drew brees, but seriously... HA)

just make sure you show face when your team gets beat....

dont run away like some folks

• parenparen 537 Posts

just make sure you show face when your team gets beat....

not that these games even matter, but if we play our starters; we'll win. plain and simple.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Are The Steelers still alive ??

Yes, by a thread. This has been an underachieving season for sure. I mean, losing to the Colts, there's not much shame in that. There's plenty of shame in that Bengals loss, though. And Tommy Maddox is a pox upon the team at this point. Generally, the Stillers haven't been up to par this year. They could still sneak into the playoffs, but given their offensive lapses and the defense's strange inability to get off the field on third down, it's hard to see them making a deep run. Jebus knows I'm pulling for 'em, though.

• just make sure you show face when your team gets beat....

I'm here, you aquatic mammal muthaf****.

LOL !!!!!

WHAT UP PHILLLLLLLL ?!?!?!....

I KNEW THAT WOULD GET YOU TO SHOW UP

• LOL !!!!!

WHAT UP PHILLLLLLLL ?!?!?!....

I KNEW THAT WOULD GET YOU TO SHOW UP

It's easy to see when you look at me

If you look closely, Phill Most don't BACK DOWN

Everywhere I go both coasts wit toast

Eastside, Westside, I hold that MAC DOWN

Yeahhh, you'll surely be getting your $100 soon, edpowerSSSSSSSSSS (and I add the "s"'s to your name because even though you may win the bet, the Dolphins still SSSSSSSSSSSUCK a lotta d**k). It's nothing.

• Options
    We were golden...now we have to play Tampa Bay, while you guys get the J-E-T-S?!?!?!

HEY!! week 2...

sweendoglongisle on the jets 9/11/05[/b]
    if Pennington goes down again we got the best backup in the league in Fieldler (Long Island stand up). Coles is back, Chrebet is healthy and has an increased role in the new Hermdinger offense, and how you gonna deny having Curtis back there???......We'll be right in there and I'll be talking to you in January about a Philly-NY wager of raere??? PLUS, Blaylock stepping in as a back up to Curits??

No denying that my team is one of the funnier things to watch on Sunday, but if we hadn't lost those two QB's mentioned above in a span of 4...no hold on lemme get the bold text out for this one...4 PLAYS EDPOWERS[/b]..we'd be in much better shape.

Jets will beat the Dolphins this week, and piss off everyone in NY who is hoping for a shot at Vince Young or Brady Quinn if he comes out.

This thread reminds me of that commercial they show in the playoffs where the fans of the horrible teams are talking preseason about how unbeatable their teams are.