Stuff you want to leave/see in 2006

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
2005 2005...funk that (word Sagat and his eye patch) i'm talking about the deuce-goose egg-goose egg-six

Shit you want to see in 2006

1). SA-RA[/b]. I was wearing my "hatt" for these fools way in advance because frankly how can a group win a shit load of award and accolades when they have 2 singles out (Rosebuds is that heat..need to cop). Now that they're on GOOD records (no Paycheck) I'm curious to see what they do.

2). More Bay-ness[/b]: Word i'm real curious how turf-slappery does in 2006. E-40 is about to release an album with Lil' Jon, Keak is reaching icon status, and isn't like San Quinn signed to Rawkus now? Sayin'[/b] will it get bigger where even Philly hatters show some 'spect, or just another fad that was was like sooooooooooo 2005

3). The backpack scene[/b]: Yeah yeah I know a definite bulls-eye around here, but I'm hoping a lot of indie groups (some that I've been into for a good 6-7 years) step it up a little and re-invent their sound. It's like the game [i/] is at a breaking point

4). Labels, distributors, and record stores that deal mostly in new vinyl and how they're going to cope with DILDO[/b]: crunch time like nestle. what's going to happen?

5). People realizing that a lot of "hyped" music wasn't really that good (Co-hatters please add the [i]artistes
that you though where trash, but someone got put on in 2005 here

bonus # 6: dj day debut albums (I know it'll be facemelt), aloe blacc solo album on stonesthow, & Up Hygh.

Shit that should of stopped in 2004

Faux-Hawks
Metro Sexuals
Mash-Ups
Celebrity Watching/Stalking/All those damn specials on the t.v.
Dudes that where a funny shirt ("You can't by these pythons at the pet store") over a collared shirt (I have classmate that wears this type of shit everyday)
Thos White IPOD earbuds
Me on Soulstrut

Comments

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I like exactly one sa-ra song, their rmx of NERD "maybe'............otherwise I'm totally scratching my head. I don't get it, what is it about them? How did they manage to con everybody, hence becoming the new media darlings of the underground?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Dudes that where a funny shirt ("You can't by these pythons at the pet store") over a collared shirt (I have classmate that wears this type of shit everyday)

Damn, that sounds even worse than the "smooching noises" you had previously described being subjected to in class.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Damnit, I like Sa-Ra. I don't see whats not to get. Forget the singles, those are extremely on some whereas a gang of their unreleased* shit is banging.

*I know, I know... unreleased = irrelevant

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i can see sa-ra doing it sort of big but their stuff is really hit and miss for me. everything they've done for pharoah monche so far has been fire though. i can only think of two songs though. hopefully the bay does it big in 2006

5). People realizing that a lot of "hyped" music wasn't really that good (Co-hatters please add the artistes that you though where trash, but someone got put on in 2005 here

Can we add whole genres? All the hot favela mess really didn't do it for me.

• Shit that should of stopped in 2004

• 5). People realizing that a lot of "hyped" music wasn't really that good (Co-hatters please add the artistes that you though where trash, but someone got put on in 2005 here

Can we add whole genres? All the hot favela mess really didn't do it for me.

yes and yes

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I???d like to see an end to MCs, hosts, DJs, etc. who say ???this one goes out to the ladies??? and then proceed to play the weakest, sappiest and, most often, worst song of the evening/set/etc. If this can actually stop as of this week that would be great.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    tell me what I should be checking, because I'm listening to that sa-ra mixtape right now and only "Maybe" is grabbing me.

• I'm a virgin to traveling and have an open invite from a friend who will go anywhere in the country with me. I'm thinking of New York City. I have a sister I can crash with over there.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I???d like to see an end to MCs, hosts, DJs, etc. who say ???this one goes out to the ladies??? and then proceed to play the weakest, sappiest and, most often, worst song of the evening/set/etc. If this can actually stop as of this week that would be great.

Sorry. I guess I won't be seeing you in T-Dot this January...

tell me what I should be checking, because I'm listening to that sa-ra mixtape right now and only "Maybe" is grabbing me.

I can ummm... forward you some of what I'm talking about. hit me up.

• I'm a virgin to traveling and have an open invite from a friend who will go anywhere in the country with me. I'm thinking of New York City. I have a sister I can crash with over there.

this sounds like the opening to a hot and steamy Penthouse forums letter.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i also need to traveling next year because i haven't been off the island in five fucking years and i think i'm losing it because of that

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts

Mash-Ups

on the Mashups.

Mashups =Image hosted by Photobucket.com

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    i also need to traveling next year because i haven't been off the island in five fucking years and i think i'm losing it because of that

Hi Brian!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Mash-Ups

on the Mashups.

Mashups =Image hosted by Photobucket.com

What world are you guys living in where you're still talking about "mash-ups?"

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Sorry. I guess I won't be seeing you in T-Dot this January...

i thought it was all for the ladies

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Hi Brian!
    hihi

by the way, what the fuck is a mashup?

• The bay area. I hear this term on weekly basis (even when I'm at places like M*ILK, I get requests from some dude (with a zine/blog/live journal).

yeah, it's kinda fucked up that even when you long blend too seemingly unrelated tracks some people will even call that a "mash up".

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    2005 2005...funk that (word Sagat and his eye patch) i'm talking about the deuce-goose egg-goose egg-six

Shit you want to see in 2006

1). SA-RA[/b]. I was wearing my "hatt" for these fools way in advance because frankly how can a group win a shit load of award and accolades when they have 2 singles out (Rosebuds is that heat..need to cop). Now that they're on GOOD records (no Paycheck) I'm curious to see what they do.

Really? I can't get with em and agree with others on not knowing why a lot of people are into their music??? Could be that i've only heard a couple tracks but that was enough for me - maybe its similar to how people dislike Theivery Corp (I dig em but many don't!)...

2). More Bay-ness[/b]: Word i'm real curious how turf-slappery does in 2006. E-40 is about to release an album with Lil' Jon, Keak is reaching icon status, and isn't like San Quinn signed to Rawkus now? Sayin'[/b] will it get bigger where even Philly hatters show some 'spect, or just another fad that was was like sooooooooooo 2005

For me, definitely more LA shit too. I'm diggin Quik and Warren's newest projects and even though I'm NOT a Mack 10 fan his newest track is cool. That and Woo Bangin you can't fukc wit!

3). Skip

4). Skip

5). Skip Skip

Bonus # 6: dj day debut albums (I know it'll be facemelt) - Agree!

Shit that should of stopped in 2004

Me djing and making beats (leave to the real dudes!)

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    What the hell is this "mash-up" shit you guys are talking about?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Shit I MIGHT SEE in 2006

1). SA-RA[/b]. UGH

2). More Bay-ness Hatteration[/b]: REGIONS OWN WORDS, NOBODY CAN LISTEN TO THIS STUFFS, etc.

3). The backpack scene[/b]: DUDE, GET OVER IT, LITTLE BROTHER DID AND I THINK ?UESTLOVE DID, TOO, LOL. SORT OF.

4). DILDO[/b]: IT'S BIGGER THAN ALL OF US

5). "hyped" music TURNING OUT TO BE BIG

Shit that DEFINITELY should BE stopped in 2006

Me on Soulstrut

HI, TEPID

• i can see sa-ra doing it sort of big but their stuff is really hit and miss for me. everything they've done for pharoah monche so far has been fire though. i can only think of two songs though. hopefully the bay does it big in 2006

Yeah, I go back and forth with them. Innnteresting schlitz but sorta noodle-y at times. I don't think they've topped their 1st single, 'Glorius'. But I definitely check them, and they were great when they did a Live PA thing at APT years ago. Really mixed it up, P-funk, hip hop, electro, even some new wave shit that didn't suck. I can see hipsters eating their shit because god knows the world loves so-phisticated black peepholes. But they do their thing, pretty original.

$??

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    this coming from the mashup ambassador himself!!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    this coming from the mashup ambassador himself!!

Hey, they only call me that in France.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Would love to see the new Black Sheep material actually released next year.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I would love to see South America in 2006. I'm shooting for February.

- spidey

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I need to goto octoberfest in 2006...