FOLK MIX/SOULSTRUT FAREWELL

awallawall 673 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
posted this in real headz, figured i should put it here too. FOLK MIX here is the folk mix i promised. made this as a blanet christmas/birthday gift and thought i should pass it along here as well. 28 cuts both old and new, mostly short stuff (sorry robbie basho, you got cut). this is music that has been personally moving to me and i hope you can enjoy it as well.1 Buffy Sainte-Marie - God is Alive, Magic is Afoot2 C.O.B. - Spirit of Love3 Bill Fay - We Have Laid Here4 Vashti Bunyan - Lately5 Elizabeth Cotten - Vastopol6 Karen Dalton - How Did the Feeling7 Forest - A Glade Somewhere8 Panda Bear - Untitled9 Simon Finn - Patrice10 Sean Smith - Birds11 Islaja - Laivat Saapuu12 Jackson C. Frank - Dialogue13 Jeff Alexander - Come Wander with Me14 Espers - Daughter15 Bruce Landhorne - Leaving Del Norte16 Linda Perhacs - Hey, Who Really Cares17 Nagisa Ni Te - River18 Josephine Foster - There are Eyes Above19 Kuusumun Profeeta - Syyllinen Pedriko20 Vashti Bunyan - Iris's Song (Alternate Version)21 Thanksgiving - The Ghost with the Eyes22 Marissa Nadler - Untitled23 Masaki Batoh - Sham No Umi24 The Incredible String Band - Nightfall25 Viking Moses - Crosses26 Neil Young - Through My Sails27 Exuma - Dambala28 Van Morrison - Come Here my Lovethis post also marks the end more or less of my posting on soulstrut. i've got too many books i want to read and music projects to work on to have time for this stuff anymore. i will still check my pms reguarly and i'm going to have a couple major set sales in a month but that will be the extent of my posting. thank you all for sharing your knowledge, both record related and not.

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

this post also marks the end more or less of my posting on soulstrut.

So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehn, good night...
    Good luck with things!

U'll be back tho... no one can stay away for long...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

this post also marks the end more or less of my posting on soulstrut. i've got too many books i want to read and music projects to work on to have time for this stuff anymore.

If I had a nickel everytime I've heard this.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    First off, thanks for the mix, can't wait to check it.

Dude you were becoming my fave new strutter now you're leaving? BOO! You'll come back, they always do. Plaese to PM me before you do those set sales dude.

Hate these "I'm too good for Soul Strut got to make realworld movez" THREAD. I'm a call you out when I see you lurking.

• Looks like a dope mix, but is it beat-matched? Cause I'm not going to listen to a long folk-psych train wreck.

But for real, I dig a lot of these artists and I'm sure I'll learn about some new ones to look out for.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

this post also marks the end more or less of my posting on soulstrut. i've got too many books i want to read and music projects to work on to have time for this stuff anymore.

If I had a nickel everytime I've heard this.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Raj, hows your not buying any records for one month thing going?

• nessness 249 Posts
    nobody ever really LEAVES soulstrut.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

no. look at this guy.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    seriously, just own up to being a complete drivel junkie. soulstrut has ruined all of our lives & now all we have is eachother - and the ability to reminisce about the days before it happened. Fighting it will only lead to self embarassment.

• nobody ever really LEAVES soulstrut.

Diggers get in, but they can't get out...[/b]

DAY 5 -- and I have the shakes....

so not well then??

• admittedly, its a hard habit to break.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    See you soon!

And good luck on your real world moves.

Peace

admittedly, its a hard habit to break.

oh im sure it is.

Just think of all the potential heat you could be missing.

oh im sure it is.

It's not the "heat that I'm missing out on" aspect, anymore. Digging just puts my mind at ease.

oh im sure it is.

It's not the "heat that I'm missing out on" aspect, anymore. Digging just puts my mind at ease.

damn. then I guess I dont remember why you are taking a hiatus.

• links down

• awallawall 673 Posts
    links down
    fixed, i think
    someone pm me if it gets blocked again.

LATER DUDES

• it's still blocked

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Maybe switch to DVDs for a month?

• I need this mix for a long drive tommorrow. Please host for just one more day...please...?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I need this mix for a MORNING COMMUTE tommorrow. Please host for just one more day...please...?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• awallawall 673 Posts
    HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    yo, i just got a bazillion pms about this and i'm trying to sort it out. everytime i upload using yousendit it gets blocked in like 10 minutes (???)...i tried using megaupload and it didn't work and rapidshare doesn't let you upload files over 100 mb. are there any other alternatives? is there anyone that can host it on their website?

• HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    yo, i just got a bazillion pms about this and i'm trying to sort it out. everytime i upload using yousendit it gets blocked in like 10 minutes (???)...i tried using megaupload and it didn't work and rapidshare doesn't let you upload files over 100 mb. are there any other alternatives? is there anyone that can host it on their website?

stop posting. soulstrut will burn your eyes out. too bad your going. its nice when someone has good taste in music around here.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stop posting. soulstrut will burn your eyes out. too bad your going. its nice when someone has good taste in music around here.
    i wouldn't be posting if this final gesture of gratitute hadn't backfired due to the unreliability of the internet. mylatency is said he's going to host it so it's all good though. hold tight KIDDIES

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    ...And I'll give you my eeeeeeys, for the colors that riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiise...

Good luck with everything, be productive.