Worst finds of 2005.

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Picked up this 300 kg terd. It was cheap, but man what a terd.What are your worst finds this year?

Comments

• Picked up this 300 kg terd. It was cheap, but man what a terd.

What are your worst finds this year?
    You should have seen it coming. He cover art even looks like a terd.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Picked up this 300 kg terd. It was cheap, but man what a terd.

Prog fans won't be happy about this

• Patto S/T, good thing I got it cheap because its the most below average terd I've purchased all year.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

Because it was described to me by someone as "insane new ages psych folk". So figured $2 is worth it.

no.

I should have known for as much as I have seen that record in every record store.

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    Waaaaaaay too much to mention. Makes digging exciting I guess.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Rawkus deadstock gold

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

I thougtht it was the cover of a raer, but I was mistaken. Last time I buy for cover on 4 hours sleep. Only $2 though. Should have known from the christian label

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

• Fond an interesting looking cabaret album that appeared to originate from Jersey (in the channel islands not NY), its had a track called ???Walk On By??? on it, so I figured hey could be an interesting cover of said song, so I picked it up.

Got home to find not only was it a different ???walk on by??? not a cover of the classic as I expected but it also a country album???Yuk.

• He's the Atlantis that nobody's looking for.

• Because it was described to me by someone as "insane new ages psych folk". So figured $2 is worth it.

no.

I should have known for as much as I have seen that record in every record store.

you are wrong sir. this is not a common record. in fact it is the hardest to find pentangle record. it is excellent cobblestone road trill folk barley wine excellence. you need whitey in your life.

ap

Because it was described to me by someone as "insane new ages psych folk". So figured $2 is worth it.

no.

you are wrong sir. this is not a common record. in fact it is the hardest to find pentangle record. it is excellent cobblestone road trill folk barley wine excellence. you need whitey in your life.

ap

well if it gets the AP seal of approval, I will give it another spin.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    He's the Atlantis that nobody's looking for.

i think he was actually looking for me. we've been together since.

another worst find:

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

Eh, it's not my favorite PFM album. But, I'll take it if you want to sell it cheap.

- spidey

• Garbage. Actually talked a customer out of spending a dollar on it yesterday.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Eh, it's not my favorite PFM album. But, I'll take it if you want to sell it cheap.

- spidey

I'll trade it for some dollarbin breaks. PM me.

• Because it was described to me by someone as "insane new ages psych folk". So figured $2 is worth it.

no.

ap

I will co-sign this (although if you don't like British folk to begin with you're not going to get it). I used to think this record was hard to find too, but I've seen at least a dozen copies over the last couple years for less than $10 (and when I tried to sell a NM spare copy I couldn't get as much as $10 for it on ebay). Maybe there were just an disproportionate number of Pentangle fans in the bay area back in the day.

• Oh, my worst find of 2005 was this:

• My worst find had to be this painfully unfunny racist "comedy" skit about a new black sheriff in a small southern town. Even the most prejudiced redneck in America would likely remain utterly stonefaced throughout this tedious and boring attempt at humor.

Son Of Mississippi: The New Sheriff / The Ex Sheriff 45 (Reb Rebel Records)

BTW this Louisiana label specializing in racist records was run by JD Miller who ironically made his bread & butter by recording black blues & r'n'b artists like Slim Harpo & Lazy Lester.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

i think he was actually looking for me. we've been together since.

You should have known from the jacket; the autographee's name was WHITED OUT. Harsh.

Candidate, Best Joke - SoulStrut 2005 awards.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    My worst find had to be this painfully unfunny racist "comedy" skit about a new black sheriff in a small southern town. Even the most prejudiced redneck in America would likely remain utterly stonefaced throughout this tedious and boring attempt at humor.

Son Of Mississippi: The New Sheriff / The Ex Sheriff 45 (Reb Rebel Records)

BTW this Louisiana label specializing in racist records was run by JD Miller who ironically made his bread & butter by recording black blues & r'n'b artists like Slim Harpo & Lazy Lester.

yep, sent the stuff on to Excello he did.

interesting place Modern Sound.

odd how Johnny Rebel and Bob Camille can originate from the same spot.

• private press and everything. apparently all of ronnie's moods inspire him to make boring music.

• Maybe there were just an disproportionate number of Pentangle fans in the bay area back in the day

btw ronnie brown sucks a turd.

• excellent cobblestone road trill folk barley wine excellence.

I need more of this in my life.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

is it me, or is the dude at the bottom throwin' up a gang sign. him an his duckbill platypus are reppin their set lovely.

• jethro tull gent cobblestone gangsta

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    pentangle are the shit, listen again

• trille, folk, barley wine, and gangsta make the cipher complete, aka how I live.
    what it do on some fany flute organic microwave popcorn, hippy batches.

• is it me, or is the dude at the bottom throwin' up a gang sign. him an his duckbill platypus are reppin their set lovely.

Naw, man. He's giving the "limp wrist" and is signalling the impending boning of his pet hedgehog (to the left). Don't you know anything[/b] about Pentangle?