• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    really? whos the artist?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I really dislike that record.

It's trash.

I would spit on it.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    really? whos the artist?

That's not really clear--I guess a bunch of faceless studio players.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Sad thing is that if you try to ebay that Leo Sayer with a description like "hard to find argentinian pressing with spanish titles on cover and labels", some Sayer collectro will gladly buy it. Trust me

• really? whos the artist?

Yep. Paul Humphrey's involved, that's about all I remember. I recall bringing it all over New York and not being able to sell it for the life of me. Went unbid on ebay. Can't remember what eventually happened to it but I couldn't pay people to take that record off my hands.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    really? whos the artist?

Yep. Paul Humphrey's involved, that's about all I remember. I recall bringing it all over New York and not being able to sell it for the life of me. Went unbid on ebay. Can't remember what eventually happened to it but I couldn't pay people to take that record off my hands.

Yeah its a bunch of Studio musicians. Album is from 1969 on the Bluesway label. 2 nontable dancefloor funk tracks, but nothing to write home about.

Brittish people seem to like it

• I'll play. I just got a digicam...want to see if I can figure out how to do this. Here's a sampling of what I like; these rarely make it back to the shelves.

great stuff man. The ones I have of those never make it back to the shelves either. Good to see someone else flossing some good blues besides me.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    these are just a bunch of Blue Notes I snapped awhile back

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    awesome!

• hey whats the deal with that jamey aeborsold instructional? I'm referring to the red one i often see it in pics of dudes collections. I have them all in the garage(my dads actually but he forgot about records 20 years ago) is that one raer then the rest?

• Nice 21 Siecles...!

Aebersold: Yes, that one has the 'raer' 1-4-5 progression.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I don't have the pic here at work, but I got a "Sounds of underwater farts" on Cockways that is

I don't have the pic here at work, but I got a "Sounds of underwater farts" on Cockways that is

let me holler

• these are just a bunch of Blue Notes I snapped awhile back

hey birdman how is that bobbi humphrey at montreux ? i was not aware of the existence of that record until i saw this picture.

crink, do you actually listen to all those records? i really dont understand the folkways craze

• Yeah, who wants to listen to African and Afro-American drums anyway? Send me that LP hcrink...and the Ghetto Reality too.

that one might be cool. but shit like Sounds of Insects? Huh?

I'm convinced. Will trade 4

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    but shit like Sounds of Insects? Huh?

there's a break on that one

• girgir 329 Posts
    dunno if this has been posted before but
    http://www.showandtellmusic.com/

has a pretty cool collection of record covers.

• No, never heard of it.

No, never heard of it.

he has weird records. perhaps he is homosexual.

black and white(aka way too much time on my hands).

crink i wasnt hattin', i was just wondering if you actually listened to those records. i have plenty of records i never listen too.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    black and white(aka way too much time on my hands).

whats that record under the Galt nucleus? Any good?

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    crink, do you actually listen to all those records? i really dont understand the folkways craze
    They're going to start going for more loot, so get your collection+sell on. I believe they are touring (at least in Canada) an exhibit of some of their covers.

The hipsters are going crazy trying to find the records, it's funny.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

WOWOOOOWWWW!!!!

I'd take "SOUNDS OF NEW MUSIC", "HENRY COWELL", "KENNETH PATCHEN", "SCIENCE OF SOUND"!!!!

BROWNIE MC GHEE AND SONNY TERRY!!!

Nice.

How are the "GHETTO REALITY"? And the Gospel one on the right...?

How is this one: ISLAMIC LITURGY? and "SUFI CEREMONY/ RIFA CEREMONY"...?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    ooooh silver records

That's crazy!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    these are just a bunch of Blue Notes I snapped awhile back

hey birdman how is that bobbi humphrey at montreux ? i was not aware of the existence of that record until i saw this picture.

I have heard Bird play that out...it's nice.
    Not as funky as the Mizell stuff, but nice. "Ain't no Sunshine" was the track.