Odeon Records...

Funky_MimizuFunky_Mimizu 631 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Anybody know anything about this label, or some specific shit to look for. I picked up that Soleado record yesterday in a dollar bin, and there are some great tracks on it. The place I was at had a few Records on this label in the bins, but its quite a drive... WOndering if it'd be worth it to go back. In particular, there was a record "The Histoire d'O", Frank Purcell I think?Also, I just wanted to test my new avatar...Peace...FMMIMIZU

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Histoire d'O isn't by Frank Purcell, but is moody madness, pretty good. Tons of great Bollywood ost's were put out on Odeon.
    Peace
    T.N.

• Histoire d'O isn't by Frank Purcell, but is moody madness, pretty good. Tons of great Bollywood ost's were put out on Odeon.
    Peace
    T.N.

This one was definitely by a Frank Purcell. I might have the spelling of Purcell wrong, but I know it was "a" Frank Purcell. I remembered the name so I could look it up when I got home, but I found nothing.

Anyhow... the cover had "Historie d' O" in red font, a couple walking together while a car was driving beside them, and in the middle there was an inlaid picture of some dude craddling a naked chick in his arms.

Peace...
    Mimizu

Histoire d'O has other names depending on the country, and different covers as well.The Story of X maybe? Go to www.imdb.com and check it out. I don't know where my copy is at the moment, but the cover I have is different. Mine is a black cover with a dude spanking some naked chick in a small bubble. It's either a French or Italian pressing. You would know better about it being Frank Purcell, my bad, I don't even know where my copy is in my stacks! It's a very solid LP though, go cop, kinda uncommon/raer too.
    Peace
    T.N.

• Histoire d'O has other names depending on the country, and different covers as well.The Story of X maybe? Go to www.imdb.com and check it out. I don't know where my copy is at the moment, but the cover I have is different. Mine is a black cover with a dude spanking some naked chick in a small bubble. It's either a French or Italian pressing. You would know better about it being Frank Purcell, my bad, I don't even know where my copy is in my stacks! It's a very solid LP though, go cop, kinda uncommon/raer too.
    Peace
    T.N.

Yeah, when I was looking for the version I saw online, I saw the version you have. Definitely a different record... I'm figuring it's someone else's take on the music, because while it has movie pictures on it... It doesn7t sat OST anywhere. Could there be more than one version of the movie? I'll check the imdb.

Anyhow... One more question...

How the hell is Frank Purcell?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Fuck all that shit, hella great Brazilian on Odeon. TrY;

Antonio Adolfo E Brazuca

That too, I knew I was forgetting something. But in regards to "all that shit," my recommendations are advisable as well.
    Peace
    T.N.

• chrischris 287 Posts
    franck pourcel?

Yes! That's why I was like nah....

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

To each his own, but I'm not ever sitting around listening to Frank Pourcel. Got some good samples though.

Exactly! Throw it on, listen to the dope track or two, then remove.

• franck pourcel?

Ah, that's it...! I just googled, and looks like he had a bunch of records out on Odeon that were Japan release only... thanks fellas...

Peace...
    Mimizu

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

To each his own, but I'm not ever sitting around listening to Frank Pourcel. Got some good samples though.

Good, Bad, & The Ugly by him is listenable... I'd even say playoutable.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Anybody know anything about this label, or some specific shit to look for.

Odeon is just an EMI subsidiary, and covered a lot of ground. Japan released The Beatles work through Odeon, along with loads of other "Western" acts.

Then again, what do I know?