Mexican Coke

AserAser 2,351 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central

hah, you thought I was going to talk about the yayo............no, this is about the almighty mexican colas, whether it be coke or pepsi, it just tastes proper. The cane sugar they use does not leave the nasty residual film that you get w/ reg coke using corn syrup. I brought a few bottles home because I can't get any in Toronto, and it's probably the best thing I've brought back, fuck records.

Plus, that bottle is probably as old as me...........would't it be neato to live the life of that bottle, see what it has seen.

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

My girl misses this stuff. Even in a bag w/ straw.

But I don't have time for that in Mx, too much cheap beer to get on with.

• that mexican coke looks like american pepsi!

i guess im not enough of a soda pop drinker to notice this. but yeah, i hear this all the time. though, you can get the cane sugar soda pops in LA pretty easily. they even have a sangria flavored soda pop.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I just moved right across the street from a Mexican grocery where they sell it. Used to really like it, but ain't had one in a while - probably since I was in TJ. Have to go get one. the bottles are awesome!

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Nothing tastes better than Coke laced with trade unionists!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    that's the thing, I'm not a big soda drinker either. Maybe a couple of times a month at max.......

the taste is perhaps a flashback to a time of innocence, back when I was a wee lad and loved coke (as most kids did). It's a cheap bottle of nostalgia that I love to indulge in.......so yes, I don't deny there's a heavy psychological factor involved.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Fuck Coke. I'm rolling with purple corn juice!

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    i am not a pop drinker at all. Never drink the stuff.

but when I was in the Dominican Republic I was addicted to these minature bottles of sprite that was in my room. SOOOO GOOOOOD.

• you got soda pop when you were a kid? my shit is the hi-c in that jumbo tin can thing. you used to have to poke 2 holes in that bitch to get the juice out.

uh, themack, i have exclusive rights over that last sentence.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Folks on here were talking about the purity of the Mexican Coca-Cola on here a while back, so I went to LA ESQUINA LATINA and bought a big bottle

Took a look at the English-language sticker on it and corn syrup was in the same position in the list of ingredients as it is on the US product

And yes, it was definitely the import... huge glass bottle and all

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    grace pineapple, ginger beer and this are the only pops i drink.

this rules:

this rules:

there was some coconut soda like that that was delish!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

real shigs know the deal???

real shigs know the deal???
    a gal in my JPN 101 Class drinks that.

• real shigs know the deal???

haha! the japanese gatorade!

you know, i swear the soda water in japan has less carbonation. its less harsh and you can chug it a lot easier.

• grace pineapple, ginger beer and this are the only pops i drink.

this rules:

You should try the Grace pear soda. DOPE summer drink. Seems like it's not so carbonated either...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

this rules:

You should try the Grace pear soda. DOPE summer drink. Seems like it's not so carbonated either...

i love that italian pear nectar that come in those little bottles - make peach nectar as well.

thanks for the tip - i will try the grace pear - do you know if Ali's carries it?

• you got soda pop when you were a kid? my shit is the hi-c in that jumbo tin can thing. you used to have to poke 2 holes in that bitch to get the juice out. ??

• I got addicted to this when i lived in japan

• Good shit!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    real headz...

• I spent a New Years in Tenacatita, Mexico and while back ago. We lit fireworks on the beach. Some dude rolled a gigantic joint out of napkins. We did coke and danced to James Brown on top of a cabana. The moon was full and there were palm trees.

I haven't read any of this thread.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    mexican coke is sooo good

step 1. different recipe
    step 2. any shit out of a glass bottle tastes 2190% better anyway, hell even diet pepsi is acceptable out of a glass bottle.

my local mexican grocery store sells this apple stuff..like slightly carbonated apple juice with no additional sweeteners, the shit is SO GOOD

too bad all the mexican glass-bottle pop costs like $1.50 or more here. maybe if i were rich...

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Uber co sign

Fresh drinks-cold as shit-cheap as shit-in hot ass foreign places
    Must love it

The biggest though is

Coca-cola bought it off recently

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    other drinks I appreciate....

• hah, you thought I was going to talk about the yayo............no, this is about the almighty mexican colas, whether it be coke or pepsi, it just tastes proper. The cane sugar they use does not leave the nasty residual film that you get w/ reg coke using corn syrup. I brought a few bottles home because I can't get any in Toronto, and it's probably the best thing I've brought back, fuck records.

Plus, that bottle is probably as old as me...........would't it be neato to live the life of that bottle, see what it has seen.

These are everywhere in the Bay Area. Numerous spots near my old place in Concord, spots in Fruitvale and it's probably all over the Mission area in SF too although I haven't really looked. Much sweeter although I switched to diet cola long ago. I doubt they even sell diet coke in Mexico.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    The re-using of bottles (over the recycling of plastic) is also bad ass.

I wanted to bring back some of those old school mini sprite bottles.

• other drinks I appreciate....

dude, aser, this shit is nasty. bikkle is nasty too. i cant get over how it looks like juzz in a bottle.

anyways, i used to fuck with them genki drinks in japan. well, just the c1000 which was like a more potent cc lemon. i used to eat shrooms and down a couple bottles of c1000 for 1000mg of vitamin c.