Hank Shocklee speaks on recording techniques

m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Check out this 3-part interview from with the legendary Hank Shocklee of The Bomb Squad on how they did the classic recordings:Hank Shocklee at Red Bull Music Academy November 10th 2005Very interesting stuff. Disregard the goofy interviewer and just listen to Hank. Knowledge dropped.

Comments

• Check out this 3-part interview from with the legendary Hank Shocklee of The Bomb Squad on how they did the classic recordings:

Hank Shocklee at Red Bull Music Academy November 10th 2005

Very interesting stuff. Disregard the goofy interviewer and just listen to Hank. Knowledge dropped.

Red Bull Music Academy[/b]

Is that a four-year school???

• Check out this 3-part interview from with the legendary Hank Shocklee of The Bomb Squad on how they did the classic recordings:

Hank Shocklee at Red Bull Music Academy November 10th 2005

Very interesting stuff. Disregard the goofy interviewer and just listen to Hank. Knowledge dropped.

Red Bull Music Academy[/b]

Is that a four-year school???

Yes, but it's Red Bull so it only takes two.

• Yes, but it's Red Bull so it only takes two.

HAHAHAHAHHA, Joke of the Day!!!

• I could listen to this all day. Amazing stuff. Cheers.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    The four-parter with Bob Power is pretty great too.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Nice link

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    He was name dropping Aesop Rock a lot i wonder if they're gonna collaborate on a album?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    He was name dropping Aesop Rock a lot i wonder if they're gonna collaborate on a album?

I pray to sweet Jesus that stays in your imagination.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Very insightful. Thanks

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Im sick of Public enemy related college lectures. Havent there already been like 10 of them?

Kinda sad.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Im sick of Public enemy related college lectures. Havent there already been like 10 of them?

Kinda sad.

I don't follow the college lecture circuit so I couldn't tell ya, but I thought that lecture was interesting. How can you hate on Shocklee? To tell you the truth I did think Redbull Academy was a little though. What's up with that?

• I thought that Hank Shocklee's lecture was really dope. He's quite well spoken and all those subjects are rehashed over and over yes, but, he presented the information from his own unique perspective.

I am just as juiced to watch the video interviews with Danny Krivit, Brian Cross (B+), and LEON WARE.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    anyone here got accepted to red bull academy?

that application is dumb long

• Isnt it just a lecture series?