New Eminem Video

OlskiOlski 355 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Watch it here (in real player) It's easy to hate on Em and this video is made to sell his "best of" cd BUT is there any other mainstream rapper who keeps it "realer" than Em when it comes to his own life like in this video? I don't know if his 12 year old fans can identify with this but if you have a child of your own and you are not touched by it, you must be dead.

Comments

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    has anyone listened to the cd this is on? that song FACK is out of control.

• dead or not, but imo it??s real boring

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    that song blows. Gee, it must be real hard having to go on tour and be away from your daughter for a minute, even though you have millions of dollars. Other dads go away too, they have whats called "JOBS". Em needs to quit whining about his little girl and retire. Go be a dad, rap music is done with you.

• that song blows. Gee, it must be real hard having to go on tour and be away from your daughter for a minute, even though you have millions of dollars. Other dads go away too, they have whats called "JOBS". Em needs to quit whining about his little girl and retire. Go be a dad, rap music is done with you.

amen

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    that song blows. Gee, it must be real hard having to go on tour and be away from your daughter for a minute, even though you have millions of dollars. Other dads go away too, they have whats called "JOBS". Em needs to quit whining about his little girl and retire. Go be a dad, rap music is done with you.

amen
    that + that's a cheesy ass idea for a video.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    #1 dad coin

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

This dude hasn't had a fresh beat in a long time.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Watch it here (in real player)

It's easy to hate on Em and this video is made to sell his "best of" cd BUT is there any other mainstream rapper who keeps it "realer" than Em when it comes to his own life like in this video? I don't know if his 12 year old fans can identify with this but if you have a child of your own and you are not touched by it, you must be dead.
    I don't have kids, but I still feel empathetic for dude.

• does one really have to be dead not be moved by a record that's comprised of a sentiment he's expressed in bits & pieces of his last 3 albums???? I mean you miss your kid - I get it, it's tough, but the reality is he goes on tour in the SUMMER when kids usually don't have school. Also, he's fucking rich enough to home school/have a tutor so she can be with him every single fucking day. People who aren't as rich as him make a sacrifice to be with their kids by tailoring their workload/jobs to see their kids as much as possible so what the fuck is going on in his life (outside of rehabbing his sleeping pill addiction) that he can't be with his kid as much as he see fit??? I mean it's not like he's producing 50 or signing anybody who needs his guidance in a manner that would even take him out of his complex of a house he lives in (he has a home studio where he can create his studio time).

• People who aren't as rich as him make a sacrifice to be with their kids by tailoring their workload/jobs to see their kids as much as possible so what the fuck is going on in his life (outside of rehabbing his sleeping pill addiction) that he can't be with his kid as much as he see fit???

true, there are people who truly struggle to get by and in the process don't get to spend time with their family, when eminem can just plop some of that mad money into an investment and not really work another day if he wanted to

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    this video brings up many questions:

is that haley? lil girl looks a lot like marshall.
    has em created the new genre of lullaby-rap?
    why can't he get some good real drums?
    what's haley like? what's she going to be like when she's grown? what's her debut album going to sound like?

but seriously, their home life has gotta be pretty fucked up, and i'm feeling a lot of anger here. money doesn't make all the problems go away fellas.

(trust me, ha!)

also yo this song's not about him being "gone" on tour, it's "gone" as in dead, as in em's going to start following in 2pac & biggies' footsteps, and getting into some serious pre-posthumous recordings.

• also yo this song's not about him being "gone" on tour, it's "gone" as in dead, as in em's going to start following in 2pac & biggies' footsteps, and getting into some serious pre-posthumous recordings.

im sure suge would gladly pop him for a jackson

• You know, at first i thought you guys were just mean spirited, dissin' poor li'l Marshall so badly. But after reading the last few posts, you are all 100% right. N***a, if it's that bad just stop doing music and raise your kid. You are PAID, you don't need to even do this schitt anymore if you don't want to.
    But if you really want a reason to dis ol' boy, y'all need to peep that new one he has with Nate Dogg. I used to not mind Em's commercial singles too much, but that "Just Lose It" schitt on the last album was unbearable for me and now this Nate Dogg "Shake That" song is even worse. Is it officially over for dude or are there still enough Stans out there for him to continue selling multi millions?

• You know, at first i thought you guys were just mean spirited, dissin' poor li'l Marshall so badly. But after reading the last few posts, you are all 100% right. N***a, if it's that bad just stop doing music and raise your kid. You are PAID, you don't need to even do this schitt anymore if you don't want to.
    But if you really want a reason to dis ol' boy, y'all need to peep that new one he has with Nate Dogg. I used to not mind Em's commercial singles too much, but that "Just Lose It" schitt on the last album was unbearable for me and now this Nate Dogg "Shake That" song is even worse. Is it officially over for dude or are there still enough Stans out there for him to continue selling multi millions?

dude has a song called 'ass like that' where he raps as triumph the insult comic dog. he doesn't even sound like triumph.

dude has a song called 'ass like that' where he raps as triumph the insult comic dog. he doesn't even sound like triumph.

I like that one though. A little bit.

• there are[/b] still enough Stans out there for him to continue selling multi millions

• I'm far away from being a very emotional guy, but you guys are allways talking about Ems perspective. But take a look at this topic from his daughters side. I think Eminem can handle the shit, but his daughter got a problem, and she is so little, I doubt that she can handle it easy.

I also bet it is not so easy to quit as you guys are saying. I know that the American system is so wack that a lot of people have to work on 2-3 jobs to get their paper, but only becasue he got so much money so that he could quit, why should he doit ??
    He is not only responsible for a daughter, he provides jobs and those jobs are feading other familys too, not only his own.

Another thing is that their are a lot of older people talking about that HipHop is so youth addicted and that it not reflects the topic of older grown people. So here is someone who does it and you all hate. It seems that Eminem has grown out of his tenage years and has become an adult person, and you guys are still in your mind into your teenage years, even if some of you should be older than that.

He is destroying this bullshit Rockstar dream little kids are dreamin about. Their are so many kids who wanna become a star, we dont have enough place for all those idiots to become a star. We need some doctors and engineers too. And those kids are always thinking this star life is great, no, it got a problematic side too, like everything in this life, so stop dreaming little idiot.

I would say it is OK to let people make a development, I would say that people who didnt make any development in over 8 years are strange suckers or people who act their live instead of living it.

Yes he is not as entertaining as it was back then when he was angry about other things, but I would say he is entertaining in a other way. Yes his beats suck (to make it clear, every beat he ever rhymed on was wack and every beat he ever made sucked, except for the first single from this Obie dudes first LP) And yes I like tits and asses, videogames, powerfull cars and so on.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• but seriously, their home life has gotta be pretty fucked up, and i'm feeling a lot of anger here. money doesn't make all the problems go away fellas.

True, but if we make the assumption Em's a smart, thoughtful fellow, why do we give him a pass for not being able to have the where-with-all to create a balance between his homelife & his career???? Drew - you WORK with someone who's kids seem to be well adjusted with Daddy's fame and sucess sans said person's need to bemoan the fact "he's gotta go on tour." It's not the money that should make the problems go away, it's the intelligence AND the ability to access the monetary resources that should at least make your homelife issues more to what you envision they should be.

Hawkeye (my 2nd Fave Avenger!!), I'm not saying he should quit, I just don't get how this song is so much more revelatory than Mockingbird or the other songs where he felt compelled to bring his child into the mix.

I work with an artist who made the choice home school her kid to continue her career and spend as much time with him and Em certainly doesn't work as much as she does in terms of touring and actual songs she sings/plays on.

Again, I would love to hear him actually spit instead of shit like Ass Like Dat, but I don't think you have to regress to make interesting shit and writing songs about how your fame is affecting your child seems like a topic he's already covered so it's just as much a retred to me.

• Eminem - A product packaged to look like a person.

He'd quit the oh so tough world of 'Pop music' if it was really as-big a problem as he claims....

The fact he clearly isn't going to do that, tells you one thing.... it is indeed, just frontin for a few more franklins.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Mosh anyone? Great song, great video. Why cant eminem make music like this all the time? Nobody else in the mainstream called out bush like that.

• Nobody else in the mainstream called out bush like that.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Nobody else in the mainstream called out bush like that.

• Nobody else in the mainstream called out bush like that.

yeah white people call out bush, black people say inapporiate shit.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts

yeah white people call out bush, black people say inapporiate shit.
    Ouch. If u wanna flip this into some racist sh*t thats fine but that isnt what i saying. Mosh was out about a year before that happened & he called out bush over the bs war...i guess i should have made that part clear. Kanye called out bush for not liking black people. I cant really comment on that tbh but i dont think it was inapporiate even if the timing was.

• Ouch. If u wanna flip this into some racist sh*t thats fine but that isnt what i saying. Mosh was out about a year before that happened & he called out bush over the bs war...i guess i should have made that part clear. Kanye called out bush for not liking black people. I cant really comment on that tbh but i dont think it was inapporiate even if the timing was.

not making it some racist shit, but you (prolly a white dude?) found it rather big of another white person to call the President out when even back then he was one of many who were saying it was a bullshit war. But when the Blond top makes a video he's a fucking genius. btw - I think he's one the top ten emcees to ever live, I just don't think he was a vanguard in speaking out against Bush or the war.

• This dude hasn't had a fresh beat in a long time.

I was gonna say the beat is weak too. Never liked anything Em has done except for the Eminem Show which I think is a classic album.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    I liked the video for the animation & subtle illuminati refrences. Yeah im white which is why i cant really comment/relate to kanye sayin bush hates blacks. I do realise that racism still runs rife in th u.s.
    I dont think it was big but perhaps needed to wake some people up to the facts. J-live did satisfied which is a song that had a similar theme but i dont think it packed 1/2 the power that eminems song had & also didnt go out to as big an audience. His beats are weak no doubt & i wouldnt even consider alot of what he does these days as hip hop imo.

• dude has a song called 'ass like that' where he raps as triumph the insult comic dog. he doesn't even sound like triumph.

I like that one though. A little bit.

I admit I play the sitar-laced instrumental early in the night at my bhangra gigs.

But I've always been irritated by Eminem, never thought he was much of a rapper, thought his songs sucked, and clearly remember that when his first single dropped, MTV News kept on running the same spot about how great he was 24-7, for weeks on end. It seemed like the biggest example of pay-for-play I'd ever seen. I appreciate that he tackles subject matter that most other rappers won't touch, but so what?Enough with this dude.

• I think he's one the top ten emcees to ever live

CO-SIGN.... ain't no bout a doubt it.

• Hawkeye (my 2nd Fave Avenger!!)

G*****s, do you go back far enough to remember when Hawkeye first came out? He was a bad muthaf***a, talkin' smack to Captain America and tryin' to get into the Scarlet Witch's panties every issue! Who's your 1st favorite Avenger, the Vision? (I gotta start a comic book thread after the "Memorable Farts" joint dies down.)

Okay, back to what y'all were talking about... Eminem sucks, yadda yadda yadda...