Your (My) Ideal Collectron

Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
My ideal collection -- the one that Im working a shit job for -- would be as follows:An expedit's worth of nothing but baller shit, with a twelve thousand piece library for samples, archival reasons, etc. in the basement. And about five hundred great 45s, plus a thousand breaks on 45s in the basement. As it stands, I have about 500 pieces that i could not let go of, 3000 things that I listen to/try to sample once a year, about 50 good 45s and 800 hundred pieces of shit.It pains me that some of you already have my ideal collectron. But, its probably not enough for you. What's yours?

Comments

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    My ideal collection is about have an expidit full of records that I would always listen to. and 2 45 cases, full.

the end.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    biz markie's

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    My ideal collection is about have an expidit full of records that I would always listen to.

it's tough, huh? I'm about 15 of 20 cubbies there.

• My ideal collection is about have an expidit full of records that I would always listen to. and 2 45 cases, full.

the end.

I have been getting rid of all the shit I bought just to sample, because I don't make beats and I really just want shit that I like to listen to.

• make me an offer... i wil complete you

• Collectron???

• BEHOLD!

the colectron 2000.

• Collectron???

As in "what a collectro would have in his Expedit..."

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    My ideal collection is about have an expidit full of records that I would always listen to. and 2 45 cases, full.

the end.

I agree totally. Having any more records and you could not actually listen to all of them (respectively).

I am a fan of 'the no record left behind' program.

• I am a fan of 'the no record left behind' program.

cosiggie

• djrdjr 511 Posts
    My ideal collection is about an expidit full of 45s that I would always listen to. and 2 LP cases, full.

• Fatback and Birdman's jazz and soul sections.
    Secret Chimp's disco 12"s and library joints.
    Nite Crawler's 45's.
    Knewjack's psych LP's and Mo Wax 12"s.
    and my Brazilian and Latin LP's.

• djrdjr 511 Posts

Nite Crawler's 45's.

Yeah, I gotta get down to DC to check his night.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Nothing but perfect records.

• What's yours?

Every record ever in alphabetical order in a climate controlled warehouse.