Man, Fuck Christmas Music

Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Seriously, every blue collar place I got to is playing that ish. And each year we add more crap to that pile of crap that goes back sixty years. Are there any good christmas songs? Fuck that, I want a chanuka song thrown in the mix.And what's the deal with the Brits and your #1 Christmas song national obsession?

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    YES. It makes me want to kill.

• Are there any good christmas songs?

christmas time in hollis,queens

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Umm... They are called "Holiday[/b]" songs now...

Someone brought up the Thanksgiving Charlie Brown, so I grabbed the Christmas one. Was listening to it the other day. I do look forward to watching X-Mas movies to!

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    yah, i came in to big up the vince gauraldi christmas shit. Its dope. I keep on almost buying it, but then second guessing myself. Fuck it, im gonna pick it up.

• Mali Kaliki Maka.

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    Are there any good christmas songs?

Here's a whole album full:

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Listening to this right now...

• awallawall 673 Posts

Listening to this right now...
    volume 1 is his best selling record of ALL TIME.

but really...i came to the realization that christmas music sucks when i was like 9. the only people that like that shit are suburban moms and 60+ walmart managers. i can still hang with this though:

• cheer up T***!

and Santa's Rap Party by Super Jay

these are some nice and cheery records.

and don't forget this dude's Channuka song:

• awallawall 673 Posts
    cheer up T***!

and Santa's Rap Party by Super Jay

these are some nice and cheery records.

and don't forget this dude's Channuka song:

the only thing worse than christmas music is novelty christmas music

• the only thing worse than christmas music is novelty christmas music

lighten up, dude. ALL christmas music is novelty music.

Still haven't found this xmas raer. One day...

• awallawall 673 Posts

the only thing worse than christmas music is novelty christmas music

lighten up, dude.

sorry, nothing personal. i remember my 3rd grade class did a production of "grandma got ran over by a reindeer" and every year from 1st-6th we would have to watch the current 3rd grade class perform it. if you really want to make someone hate something forcefeeding to them in grade school is great.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    when i worked at an "indie" record store the bossman would always suggest that we play xmas/holiday music a few times a day (much to our chagrin). anyway, this is probably one of the few albums i routinely cut for. quiet w(p)ussy indie rock that had very little vocals.

• i was just thinking about this the other day.

x-mas songs make me ill, for real. just as much as commercials do.

though, that one beatles/mccartney x-mas tune "Wonderfull Christmastime" is bearable IMO.

also there's one Eartha Kitt song called "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" thats pretty smooth.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    I do look forward to watching X-Mas movies to!

me too! christmas vacation is the , jingle all the way (arnold + sinbad = ), classic grinch cartoon, the claymation joints, and the newest addition ELF.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    when i worked at an "indie" record store the bossman would always suggest that we play xmas/holiday music a few times a day (much to our chagrin). anyway, this is probably one of the few albums i routinely cut for. quiet w(p)ussy indie rock that had very little vocals.

that "just like x-mas" song has made it onto many a mixtape...

• I spent two Christmas' working in a corporate restaurant where they started the "holiday" tape the week before Thanksgiving and ran it in a constant loop til New Years. If I never hear a Christmas song again it won't be too soon.

I spent two Christmas' working in a corporate restaurant where they started the "holiday" tape the week before Thanksgiving and ran it in a constant loop til New Years. If I never hear a Christmas song again it won't be too soon.
    yeah, grocery/department stores are also a x-mas music nightmare.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

this is a family staple.

i find most xmas music can be depressing.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

yeah, i'm a Scrooge, big time. so christmas music gets the gas face.

i like that schitt Lou Rawls did (christmas will really be christmas). cool song.
    x-mas songs make me ill, for real. just as much as commercials do. [/b]
    speaking of which, what's the deal with that Folger's commercial that they have been showing since the mid-80's? i think most of you know what I'm talking about. the one where son comes home on christmas and makes his mom a cup of coffee. why show the same commercial this time of year for the past 20 years?

speaking of which, what's the deal with that Folger's commercial that they have been showing since the mid-80's? i think most of you know what I'm talking about. the one where son comes home on christmas and makes his mom a cup of coffee. why show the same commercial this time of year for the past 20 years?

my girl was bitching about this yesterday

but she's all about the "go jesus, it's your birthday" x-mas "in da club" remake.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

but she's all about the "go jesus, it's your birthday" x-mas "in da club" remake.
    hold up...
    is this a video? (i'm under a rock, i know). what's the hell are we coming to?

• the only thing worse than christmas music is novelty christmas music

lighten up, dude.

sorry, nothing personal. i remember my 3rd grade class did a production of "grandma got ran over by a reindeer" and every year from 1st-6th we would have to watch the current 3rd grade class perform it. if you really want to make someone hate something forcefeeding to them in grade school is great.

s'all good.

• I always liked that Run DMC christmas song. Most everything else gets the gasface though.

• aegisaegis 261 Posts
    I usually try to wait until about 1 week before christmas to start listening.

When I do, I enjoy:
    -Lou Rawls

-Peanuts

-Muppets, mainly for the "Merry Xmas Little Zachary", since I am a Zachary

-some James Brown, mostly the instrumentals that just have like 2 bars of a christmas song in the middle of a 4 minute song

-That one Solomon Burke song

-somewhat surprised no one mentioned this:

Also, a DJ JS-1 Xmas mix I got free last year is decent.