rare BRONX & TEXAS rap price help

2»

Comments

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    no need to pigeonhole. you did it yourself. i'm trying to learn you something.

it's a classic. you lack context. it's not overrated.

you may believe it is, 'cause you lack context.

follow?

calm down. we all know how down you are.

and should i be on the rooftop, watching for "squalie" in my "esco" rapper suit? so defensive dog. i was not questioning your "hoodsoreal-ness". you have to have context. just like there's a reason why you fall on deaf ears about alot of the cve or blowed shit. alot of us weren't there, hanging on their apron strings when the crap came out.

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    dudes, at this point i don't evan care if tops drop is a classic or not. i just happen to like it a lot and would like to know what i'm about to spend my money on.

so what??s up with the pressing with an "h-town version" on the flip?

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    as far as i know. there are two versions of the record.

one has a red label. on wreckshop records. this is the one to get.

the other has a white label. it has several fat pat songs on it. this one plays great, but no instrumental. i'm not in the same city as my records right now so i can't really get into too much more detail.

20-25?

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    ive been after that Fat Pat 12" since it came out. as well as anything Screwed Up Click on wax. Botany Boys, ESG, Lil Keke, Fat Pat. Thing is i tried finding them when they came out and i couldnt. I went to the public library and got every record store in Houstons phone number,plus the labels these records came out on, and still no luck. I was a day late getting a Tops Drop promo 12 from Wreckshop. any other cats have these taking up space in their crates? hit me up [email]thedustywon@yahoo.com[/email]

• tiger_blurptiger_blurp 275 Posts
    Besides, all those parties you've been spotted at in NYC (you and Brent) that bloggers can't seem to NOT take multiple crowd photos at...yeah, those look soooo hoodsoreal.

Sorry, Robert, but you're way off line on this. Not trying to get into your argument, but when Jason was in Houston he DJed at some of the hypest black clubs/parties in town (See Cabo Richmond, i10media, etc.) Those BK parties aren't relevant. Talk about pigeonholing. Go to Houston and talk to some folks that know. Jason's rep is secure when he's talking about context. Play Tops Drop at just about any black or latin hip-hop club in Houston, and it will go the fuck off. Not saying you gotta like the song, but that shit is a Houston ANTHEM for real. And that ain't got SHIT to do with hipsters.

R.I.P. Big Mello, tho. One of the nicest, friendliest dudes I ever met in the rap game.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Besides, all those parties you've been spotted at in NYC (you and Brent) that bloggers can't seem to NOT take multiple crowd photos at...yeah, those look soooo hoodsoreal.

Sorry, Robert, but you're way off line on this. Not trying to get into your argument, but when Jason was in Houston he DJed at some of the hypest black clubs/parties in town (See Cabo Richmond, i10media, etc.) Those BK parties aren't relevant. Talk about pigeonholing. Go to Houston and talk to some folks that know. Jason's rep is secure when he's talking about context. Play Tops Drop at just about any black or latin hip-hop club in Houston, and it will go the fuck off. Not saying you gotta like the song, but that shit is a Houston ANTHEM for real. And that ain't got SHIT to do with hipsters.

R.I.P. Big Mello, tho. One of the nicest, friendliest dudes I ever met in the rap game.

Can I put a co-signate on this?

Rashid/Rasheed/Robert, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about (again).

JD really put it down in Houston at the hottest Black club in town for a minute, not to mention being picked out amoung a town of strong dj's to be I-10's main dj. He even soaked me on some game, and I could drown you on some Houston game. So definitely quit fronting like you're a representative of Houston. You seriously don't know shit about it (again)! He would doing the same shit if he still lived here, but hes in NYC where outta nowhere the south blows up. So you're saying because you RECENTLY see him in some "hipster blog" photos that he wasn't down from the jump? You clowny, dog!!! Stay in a child's place with that dumb shit.

Rep NOLA or The Bay... I'm pretty sure you don't know shit about those spots either.

You're clowny holmes.

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    Dearest Les and Jeff,

All I said is that I don't think that Tops Drop is the greatest song, despite everyone around me in Austin as well as in Houston seemingly thinking it's the greatest thing ever. I don't hate it. I like Tops Drop quite a bit. I just think it's overrated. And again I am fully aware of the conext.

Y'all's buddy JD came out the box at me with this gem:

you just don't have the context. it's not your fault (acutally..) you only hear it around white sorority girls.

Sorry, but I don't ever hang out with "white sorority girls". So in response to that all I do is point out photos I've seen of JD hanging out on NYC with "white sorority girls" and y'all wanna get your panties in a bunch.

I know full well of the parties JD deejayed in Houston. He got props from me back when he was doing them. And in this case he's the one who wanted to start some, "well I'm down with the real while you're left hanging with white sorority girls" bullshit.

Whatever...figures I can't say shit even as simple IMO Tops Drop ain't as hitting as Wreckshop without y'all jumping down my throat on some dumbshit.

All I said is that I don't think that Tops Drop is the greatest song

No, that's not all you said. I'll quote again:

That's all I'm responding to. Note that I didn't come at you sideways in my post.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    JD got mad at me for making fun of him the first time I met him. Sorry dude.....I made you dinner at least.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I love these who's more trill arguments!

I will admit to being pretty new to the houston rap phenomenon. I mean, I had ridin dirty when it came out, but thats pretty much it. Never fucked with fat pat or any of that stuff. Someone should make an mp3 mix of all these "classics" i missed. It would be appreciated.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts

man this is awesome! [grabbing popcorn]

i get name dropped by someone i haven't probably spoken to in over 10 years!!! weeeee!!!
    hi rashied / r2g2 hope you're cold chillin' or whatever they say where you are.

and i'm on superstar blog spots!!! [kicking up heels]

for real, i got the enyanets going (deez) nutz!

peaceinthemiddleeast/youreheadedforselfdestruction/humaneducationagainstlies/eastcoastwestcoastworldwide/moneymaketheworldgoround

WE'RE ALL IN THE SAME GANG, COTDAMNIT![/b]

Props Brent. See, that's what happens when you hang out with "white sorority girls" in NY. I knew you went there for a reason. You're a star!

Tell the "white" Asian (and Other) crew I said whaddup.

Aser, come out to L.A. and teach me how to cook, dammit. I'm running low on cereal and ice cream.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Back off, so-called-TigerBlurp. This thread is for WHITE DJS FROM TEXAS, not dudes who wear wooden sandals (okay, that was a stretch).

Hey JD, I'll be in the godforsaken land of New York in June. Maybe I can spin with you at one of these white sorority girl parties.

Listen here, Hoggy, they're SHOES, not sandals. I need to find my picture of Jef sitting INSIDE a wooden shoe outside some shop in A'dam. That was weird. I hear the "white sorority girls" go crazy for that sort of thing, tho.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Listen here, Hoggy, they're SHOES, not sandals.

But don't the Dutchies in Aruba whittle them down to sandals?

Now I'm confused....

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    Listen here, Hoggy, they're SHOES, not sandals.

Now I'm confused....

quit lion, dawg. those are wooden chanclas for some mexican hat dancing at fiesta. ??ol??!

mark jur calenders - cinco de mayonaisse es ma??ana.