FIRST ALBUMS EVER BOUGHT

13»

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Good question!!!! Although my pops had been buying records for me an my older brother for years (in the Columbia Record Club), and I used to buy 45s with my allowance, the first album I bought myself was:

-"Time Exposure"-Stanley Clarke (I think?) or either:

-"Ghost in the Machine"-The Police.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• These might not be the Very first but as close as my memory loss will allow me to remember.

Beasties - Licsense to Ill

Guns and Roses - Appetite for destruction

Public Enemy - Fear of a Black Planet

First 12" Vinyl :

Redman - Redman time for some action

Funkdoobiest - Bow Wow wow

Masta Ace - Saturday Night Live (clear blue vinyl)

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Hey,

Good question!!!! Although my pops had been buying records for me an my older brother for years (in the Columbia Record Club), and I used to buy 45s with my allowance, the first album I bought myself was:

-"Time Exposure"-Stanley Clarke (I think?) or either:

-"Ghost in the Machine"-The Police.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

My dad was a member of columbia house. I remember the first record he let me. It was ELO's greatest hits. It's no longer in my collection.....My brother had don't bring me down on 45 though. I wouldn't mind still having that one.

• First record, third grade birthday gift:

And a close second:

And the third, no question:

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    First 12"s, bought with my own money, were;

Natural Mystic[/b] - "Slow Waves"/"Tension" 12" (Moving Shadow (- cat. 091))

&

Technical Itch[/b] - "The Virus"/"Watch Out" 12" (Moving Shadow (- cat. 101))

• TobiTobi 187 Posts
    My first one was Public Enemy "Fear Of A Black Planet".

The Intro "Contract On The World Love Jam" is still the best track!

...The Counterattack On World Supermacy...The Counterattack On World Supermacy...T

• Kiss Alive I was the first record I brought!!!!

My cousin was at this show!!! He also was at Magic Mountain when they filmed Phantom of the Park!!!!

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    on tape, aerosmith's greatest hits... on wax, rocks, by aerosmith... growing up in boston...