Americans and their teeth- how polished are yrs???

RezRez 164 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
This issue with Americans has always got me - please 'fill' me in...sorry...All we ever hear git to hear from US visitors here is 'boy - u English dentistry is lame - why ya don't floss / crown / color / cap / glint / full smile like Farrah Fawcett used ta?'Whay are teeth SO important in the American psyche??? Rez

Comments

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    rotten teeth=bad breath

• What's is when you smile and there's nothing there.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Well cause UK teeth and third world teeth is

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    sorry but from my experience Rez is right... the rest of the world laughs way more about american's obsession with blinding white capped teeth than they do at england's rotting crooked one's...

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    sorry but from my experience Rez is right... the rest of the world laughs way more about american's obsession with blinding white capped teeth than they do at england's rotting crooked one's...

I admit it, I laugh at those people too who have blindingly white teeth that look like some superhero teeth. I mean just look at Xzibits ultra pearls. It looks weird too me. But UK butters are at all.

• sorry but from my experience Rez is right... the rest of the world laughs way more about american's obsession with blinding white capped teeth than they do at england's rotting crooked one's...

Shit. I'd rather the world laugh at me for having good teeth then have the world not give a shit about my fucked up teeth any day.
    That's all there is to it.

Kool-Aid Smile bitch!

• RezRez 164 Posts

Like it!! C'mon - who has deep bridge root canal silva/gold chrome capping whitening action on here - post em UP!!!

Rez

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    superhero teeth

bwahahahahaah

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    this girl has some chompers

i like 'em

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    my teeth are the bane of my existence...I wish I lived in the UK where I would fit in

As to why we obsess? Well, I've learned girls don't find bad teeth too attractive - in fact they find them very unattractive.

my teeth are the bane of my existence...I wish I lived in the UK where I would fit in

As to why we obsess? Well, I've learned girls don't find bad teeth too attractive - in fact they find them very unattractive.

and why is that? is it a product of american material culture? no. that's bullshit. there's evolutionary reasons behind it - gnarly teeth are a sign of poor hygeine and poor health

and why is that? is it a product of american material culture? no. that's bullshit. there's evolutionary reasons behind it - gnarly teeth are a sign of poor hygeine and poor health

uhhh...thanks.

Although I'll admit I should be funneling some of the money I spend on raers and weed into some dental care, pretty much anybody can tell you that without a very good job, quality - or any - dental insurance is almost impossible to get - at least where I live.

Also, although I'll also admit that my hygiene as an adolescent was not stellar, the downfall of my teeth came out of nowhere, and even though I was taking care of them, they just sort of went to shit on me anyway, much like happened to my Mom and her parents and their parents...

Thanks for the insult, though.

uhhh...thanks.

Although I'll admit I should be funneling some of the money I spend on raers and weed into some dental care, pretty much anybody can tell you that without a very good job, quality - or any - dental insurance is almost impossible to get - at least where I live.

Also, although I'll also admit that my hygiene as an adolescent was not stellar, the downfall of my teeth came out of nowhere, and even though I was taking care of them, they just sort of went to shit on me anyway, much like happened to my Mom and her parents and their parents...

Thanks for the insult, though.

i was following up to your post, but my response wasn't directed at you. no hard feelings.
    to clarify, it was directed more at the first couple of posts that had some weird unfounded anti-american sentiments in them.

Word - it's kind of a touchy subject with me - I probably shouldn't have even jumped in the discussion, cause it gets me all defensive from the jump.

I will say, though - if you aren't directly responding to what someone says, you probably shouldn't quote their entire post...

We cool, though. It is mostly my fault they got like this, anyway - so I shouldn't go looking for sympathy.

cool. and i understand what you're saying about the $$ i$$ues.
    just keeping them clean is crazy expensive, let alone keeping them straight

• know any russians??

from the russians i know their teeth are way worse than the english..

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

• Northern VA puts fluoride in it's water supply.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Whay are teeth SO important in the American psyche???

Because we are rich and sexy. Deal with it.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    This issue with Americans has always got me - please 'fill' me in...sorry...

All we ever hear git to hear from US visitors here is 'boy - u English dentistry is lame - why ya don't floss / crown / color / cap / glint / full smile like Farrah Fawcett used ta?'

Whay are teeth SO important in the American psyche???

Rez

I met a lady the other day with gray teeth.

GRAY TEETH.

Let me tell you, I'll take white teeth over gray one's any day.

How is this even a fucking question? I mean seriously, despite whatever anti-American shit some of you want to kick, the answer is pretty obvious as to why you'd want nice teeth.

Which would you prefer:

this thread is retarded.

• sorry but from my experience Rez is right... the rest of the world laughs way more about american's obsession with blinding white capped teeth than they do at england's rotting crooked one's...

The difference is, we're an industrialized nation and most can afford to do so. The English are laughing along with all the people in Somalia who have no choice but to let their teeth rot out.

Bad teeth is basically just bad hygiene. Caps aren't necessary but maintaining the teeth you do have isn't a great effort and should be no trouble for most in a place like the UK.

That's kind of like laughing at Americans because we like to take daily showers.

Crazy Americans!

• Although I'll admit I should be funneling some of the money I spend on raers and weed into some dental care, pretty much anybody can tell you that without a very good job, quality - or any - dental insurance is almost impossible to get - at least where I live.

Why surgery can be expensive, a basic trip to the dentist for cleaning is like $80 or under.

You have cable? Internet?

Priorities.

I'm not speaking to you specifically, but I'm just saying, people will think nothing of dropping $100 a month for cable or something else equally stupid and they talk about how they get go to the dentist. Bullshit.

And like you said about your family, there are certain people who are just predisposed to having bad teeth. Of course, there are others who are predisposed to having very good teeth.

• Sparkling white teeth does not necessarily mean health teeth.

I mean you can get those chompers whitened but still have underlying problems like cavities etc...

Equally, you might have stained or discoloured enamel but still have a pretty good healthy set of teeth with no problems.

Obviously, shit like plaque and tartar (aka calculus) is BAD for teeth and is usually a result of bad dental hygiene, but I reckon as long as you take care of teeth, their physical appearance can take a back seat.

Ultimately, getting those teeth whitened and polished etc is a vanity thing, rather than a health thing.

Also, I can't believe we're talking about teeth!

Incidently, Rez, there is a NHS dentist I can highly recommend not far from you. It's at the Oval end of Clapham Road. I used to go there when I lived in Vauxhall, and he's probably the best dentist I've ever had.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    I look after my teeth, have no fillings etc etc and I'm a Londoner.

Does that make me honorary American?

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    This is the most retarded thread ever.

I also love how people chime in to hate on america through TEETH!

perspective people.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    This is the most retarded thread ever.

.....as retarded as the 'insult'. .

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

why does that Instant Graemlin have nice white teeth?!?!!

Is it because of americas bullshit materialistic beauty standards!

Most of the world has rotting teeth, america is stupid to not have rotting teeth!

• ----