Most Dangerous Cities (NRR)

2»

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    toronto's been going phucking nuts lately....was late coming home on friday cause my bus route passed a church that had a 17 year old killed during a funeral service for another 17 year old killed just a week prior. man killing peeps at church!? but the gang violence has increase exponentially lately.

crime in Toronto is down in every area but gun violence - tonz o gunz bringing nothing but death. fucked up how quickly it's escalated.

• I don't believe you. Canadians are way too polite to shoot anything but moose

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i know the numbers are nothing compared to other major cities - but given our relatively small population - approx 4 million - and the surge in gun murders compared to other years - it's scary. 48 out of 69 homocides are shootings (no moose involved) - we're not used to this.

• maybe the moose SHOULD get involved

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Oakland and Richmond are pretty bad.

• I've lived in Atlanta, Cleveland, Los Angeles and now DC. I'd move somewhere safer but there's no good records in the safe towns (and that has nothing to do with race). I did find some good ones in Brick Township, NJ once though.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    I can vouch for Camden though... drop me off in North Philly anyday, anytime or any place...

the real North Philly, not that bull that yall boy be talking about...

• Akron

I'll tell you, Akron is much nicer than most post-industrial cities.

• i know the numbers are nothing compared to other major cities - but given our relatively small population - approx 4 million - and the surge in gun murders compared to other years - it's scary. 48 out of 69 homocides[/b] are shootings (no moose involved) - we're not used to this.

nogerbil

All the rankings are based on percentages, so it doesn't matter what the total figures are.

• in in relation to the rest of the country it is close. 45 minutes apart is not close?

3 hours is not close in our country?

for having 3 in the top 10 they are close.

You're talking about the rust belt. ALL the cities are shitty.

Besides, they are going to look worse on paper because Midwestern and Northeastern cities are set up in a completely different manner than many in the South and West.

Aside from the fact that many south & west cities grew up later as service industry magnets, many also are made up with county-city government, so that includes both the shitty neighorhoods as well as the suburban ones. Even for those that aren't many don't have the expanse of suburbs that makes northern cities essentially "landlocked" - that is, there is no undeveloped and unincorporated land nearby to develop or annex. Many southern cities are freestanding or have less of a competitive nature w/their suburbs.

So to say that it's unusual, I don't think so. When you say Camden is bad, or Cleveland is bad, you're talking about JUST the inner-city, when the suburbs are freestanding cities on their own. Flash to Jacksonville, FL, which has a city-county form of government, where people 15 miles out in the Beaver Brook Bambishire Nottingham Ridge Run Allotment are still considered "in the city" and are factored into that city's stats. Back to Cleveland, Solon or Hudson or Shaker Heights or any of the other numerous suburbs that are probably CLOSER to the central city are NOT factored into the stats, because they are incorporated as their own entities.

So of course, north and midwest cities are going to turn up and look bad just going by "city limits only" numbers. And they will be close together because that is the way the region is designed.

• I've lived in Atlanta, Cleveland, Los Angeles and now DC. I'd move somewhere safer but there's no good records in the safe towns (and that has nothing to do with race). I did find some good ones in Brick Township, NJ[/b] once though.

• Listed as the most dangerous cities are: Richmond, Virginia

aka Fist City

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I've lived in Atlanta, Cleveland, Los Angeles and now DC. I'd move somewhere safer but there's no good records in the safe towns (and that has nothing to do with race). I did find some good ones in Brick Township, NJ[/b] once though.

Evidently one of the safest cities in the US, according to the article.

Sure SOUNDS tough, though.

• I've lived in Atlanta, Cleveland, Los Angeles and now DC. I'd move somewhere safer but there's no good records in the safe towns (and that has nothing to do with race). I did find some good ones in Brick Township, NJ[/b] once though.

Evidently one of the safest cities in the US, according to the article.

Sure SOUNDS tough, though.

That's where I live pally.....I haven't been murdered yet, so I guess it's OK.

• D.C.

you cant even chill in your 250.000 $ blue lambourgini there w/o someone trying to jack you..

you crazy???