Teriyaki Boyz - Beef Or Chicken

2»

Comments

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    What you don't listen to Halcali?
    Halcali - Peek-a-boo (DJ Mitsu The Beats Remix)

"..this is Halcali in the place to be.. everybody lock the house!"

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I am a big fan of m-flo btw, but looking at it from a soulstrutter's p.o.v., I wouldn't be surprised if everybody though it was lame.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    This album will do very well in Japan where people still actually buy rent retail music CDs.

LOL! I forgot about the whole CD rental thing! Kids rent CDs and take them home and copy them. 3,300 Yen CDs are a little pricey.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    This album will do very well in Japan where people still actually buy rent retail music CDs.

LOL! I forgot about the whole CD rental thing! Kids rent CDs and take them home and copy them. 3,300 Yen CDs are a little pricey.

does anyone know WHY they're so pricey compared to U.S. CDs?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

EVERYTHING in Japan is pricey compared to the U.S.

• does anyone know WHY they're so pricey compared to U.S. CDs?

To release music in Japan that has protectable publishing and copy rights you must go through JASRAC. And JASRAC is a crooked monopoly and has decided that all domestic CDs must cost $30, singles being around $10.
    Like most media related issues here in Japan, its really complicated and hard to cut through all the layers of collusion.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

To release music in Japan that has protectable publishing and copy rights you must go through JASRAC. And JASRAC is a crooked monopoly and has decided that all domestic CDs must cost $30, singles being around $10.
    Like most media related issues here in Japan, its really complicated and hard to cut through all the layers of collusion.

i see. thank you for that.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Teriyaki performing

Interesting performance

• What you don't listen to Halcali?

Damn I love HALCALI...

I'd take tis over teriyaki boyz anyday...

And I love Tha Blue Herb, but it's really too avant garde for playing out, unless youre playing to an arty crowd...

I think Shing 02 is dope...

And anyone hear the new Nujabes album yet?

Shit is nice.

Peace...
    FNM