Nick Catchdubs Appreciation Thread

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited April 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
So last night I'm koolin' with Karlito killing time before I hit the tables at my weekly, right? I tell him "Dude, you need to get that Oh Snap! mix that Catchdubs just put out. It's real dope, on the real." Karl wasn't up on it yet (Catch: Announcements thread, hoLmes!) but he said "You should pick up the new issue of Fader. He did a story on Marco's Bhangra night.""For reals?" I asked."Yeah, dude reps Soulstrut HARD."So today I pick up the new issue of Fader (which I started buying again once I learned of Catch's involvement - specifically because of the li'l Slump & Grind write-up) and sure enough, right there on page 50.....ETHNIC PUNJABI GIRLS gettin' they freak on to Marco "I buy more records in a day then most buy in a year" Hammond's Bollywood sounds.But I cannot front, up to this point I hadn't really thought of appreciating dude publicly. That moment didn't come until page 163, where MY MAN Nick Catchdub's reviewed Chingo Bling 4 President!Word. The fuck. Up. HoLmes.Herm

Comments

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Let me just say, in person, King Catchy is one of the nicest guys ever. And he ain't afraid of getting his Robert Smith on. What more can you ask for? Easy on the eyes, a voice that makes the ladies purrrrr, and some smooth ass soccer mom wheels. Plus he's down for folks, which is really sweet and kind and thoughtful. Oh, and HARD AS FUCKING NAILS!!!

Dude!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Oh, I almost forgot...Monday night I was at the neighborhood Food City - which, if you weren't from here, you'd swear was Mexico - and dude bagging my groceries looked REAL familiar. Little goth/metal/emo-looking high school dude. I couldn't quite place his face, though. A few minutes later, I'm walking to the car and BAM! Catchdubs! That's who dude looked like! Now granted, I've only seen pictures of the guy, but still...Dude's got a doppelganger in Tucson. If only I had my camera phone...

Herm

Oh, I almost forgot...Monday night I was at the neighborhood Food City - which, if you weren't from here, you'd swear was Mexico - and dude bagging my groceries looked REAL familiar. Little goth/metal/emo-looking high school dude. I couldn't quite place his face, though. A few minutes later, I'm walking to the car and BAM! Catchdubs! That's who dude looked like! Now granted, I've only seen pictures of the guy, but still...Dude's got a doppelganger in Tucson. If only I had my camera phone...

Herm

"PAPER OR PLASTIC... OR A HIT FROM THIS BALLOOOOOOOOON!"

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

...female sweat stains...NOT a good look...

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

nick catchdini in glee filled ecstasy!!!!
    nick is much appreciated!!!!

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    yeah mayne,

i'll chime in on this one....

met dude just recently in Miami for the conference. just happen to pass into him, i don't even remember how, but had some good words.

dude had nothing but good energy to him.

respect.

oh and...i couldnt help it:

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
    thanks for reminding me herm. glad you're digging the mix (and the mag).

i appreciate all y'all as well.

(that picture is terrible. but at least i'm smiling. i think it was from a diplo/spankrock show in NYC. i always look really serious in DJ shots.)

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I haven't met him but dude is indeed appreciated. I was rocking his Breeders remix today as a matter of fucking fact.

He do's it.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    dude's shoes have shoes. how deep is that?

How can I not appreciate?

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    not exactly appreciated...

but most definitely..

jyeah jyeah jyeah jyeah!!

• bubor0ckbubor0ck 141 Posts
    ...Dude's got a doppelganger...

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    It's really hard to make Nick lose his temper. I love it when he rants about something because it is always so unexpected. I also love when he's drunk and enthusiastic and he gets right next to your ear and yells at the top of his voice. He's got superb color sense, his dj-ing learning curve was crazy fast and he knows a lot of shit. The kid is alright.

• nick catchdini in glee filled ecstasy!!!!

i was gonna switch that to say "ecstasy filled glee!!!!" but last time i made a nick / drugs / drunk reference, he came down on me ... HAWWWD. (plaese to no AYOs)

on the reals though, i can't think of another person on here who's looked out for all of us on here moreso than nick catchdracula. he's hooked up press blurbs for us, hooked up flyers, hooked up mix CDs, so true.

PROPOLAS!!!
    mike

• I HEREBY DEDICATE MY 1000th POST TO CATCHDUBS.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    go Nick, get yr appreciation on!

I hope to one day meet the illustrious Mr. Dubs.

Until then..... ERRRRRRR-AY!

I ain't mad at the young squire.

and yeah the dude is mad sincere with his.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Hommie is solid...hung out with him a couple of times ... I see what all the hype is about.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Never met the Nicky Nicky
    But his game is tricky tricky
    homie is a bhangra banger
    not an all-hype sanger
    zoo york new york
    reps the fader fader
    catch him on the celly celly
    rocking pelle pelle I'll catch dubs later
    me catch dubs
    girls catch dubs
    nick never scrubs
    got honeys in the hot tubs
    to the soulstrutters he cater
    my favorite field report investigator
    what's really really good

NICKSET
    NICKSET
    NICKSET
    NICKSET

NICK

SET

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    Many props to young Catchdubs for puttin me in the Fader. This time I won't have people calling my job looking for me either. Lol

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Little goth/metal/emo-looking high school dude. BAM! Catchdubs!

He's going to be so flattered when he goes back and reads this.

I got one question, though: when am I gonna be in the FADER?

• I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT ALL Y'ALL MUTHAFUGGAZ ARE THE RADDEST EVER.

AP

• propers

thank you Nick

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    nick catchdracula.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

Nick mentioned something about doing a "How We Livin': Record Nerd Edition" feature and giving the Young Regatta some shine. It will be very similar to that column in Complex where they ask you about all of the clothes you're wearing, when was the last time you wore a suit, who is your fashion idol, how many yachts do you own, etc.

thanks for reminding me herm. glad you're digging the mix (and the mag).

Yeah, man...Don't be so modest about the self-promotion. I'm looking forward to hearing it!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I was surprised to make a surreal life connection when I was reading my old friend Jessica's blog and see a link to this with a reference to our man of the hour:

She's good people, and all the love around here seems warranted, so I too tip my hat sir. Tell that riotgrrrl that Birdman in DC said hey.

Little goth/metal/emo-looking high school dude. BAM! Catchdubs!
    He's going to be so flattered when he goes back and reads this.

Until you publicly apologize for trying to submit "catchdub dickriding" (what was the exact phrase?) as approved soulstrut vernacular, there will be no Fader for you?

Unless they do that "What Tattoo Is On Your Belly?" centerfold...

I say we take the opportunity this thread provides to shine some light on the most adorable pics of King Catchy ('cause I bet he would really like that). I'll start.

(Peace to my Treacherous Tricyle Posse. Stay off that sizzurp dawg.)

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Nick mentioned something about doing a "How We Livin': Record Nerd Edition" feature and giving the Young Regatta some shine. It will be very similar to that column in Complex where they ask you about all of the clothes you're wearing, when was the last time you wore a suit, who is your fashion idol, how many yachts do you own, etc.

NB: So, Daniel...

FR: Please, no. I'm Young Regatta to my fans. That's why I'm here today.

NB: Eh... OK, Young Regatta...

FR: Yes.

NB: ...Right. Um, OK we'll just start at the top. What are you wearing?

FR: my shirt is Pink, tie is Gucci, my suit is Purple Label, and my shoes are Bally. Oh, my undergarments and socks are Ralph Lauren.

NB: When was the last time you wore a suit?

FR: As we are speaking.

NB: Who is your fashion idol?

FR: Well, I normally look to Marc Jacobs, Salvatore Farragamo, you know, the greats... but all the kids in my neighborhood say I'm just trying to look like Jay-Z! (chortles)

NB: OK, the money question: how many yachts do you own?

FR: Well, not yachts per se but I do own several watercraft. I have a mid-sized yacht for me and my friends to play guts in the harbor... I have a smaller vessel for me and wifey. That's the one I take out on the high seas. Oh, and I have a speedboat for fast getaways... life as a jetsetting playboy means hatters around every corner.

NB: Don't I know it man.

I say we take the opportunity this thread provides to shine some light on the most adorable pics of King Catchy ('cause I bet he would really like that). I'll start.

(Peace to my Treacherous Tricyle Posse. Stay off that sizzurp dawg.)

"I mean, I was having a lot of fun before the peroxide, but I was trying to take the crunkness to the next level, know what I'm sayin'?"