Burt Bacharach, Dr. Dre Collab

Funky_MimizuFunky_Mimizu 631 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Anyone heard the new Burt Bacharach album?I haven't heard shit about this, but just noticed the review in the Japan Times... Says he was even asked to tone down the langauge, and much of the disk offers a harsh critique of the Bush Administration... Three tracks with Dre, collabs with many others...What's this shit all about?I tried searching here, but saw found nothing.Sounds intriguing...Peace...FNM

Comments

• gotta hear it.
    Saw Burt live two years ago (my friend's grandma broke her ankle) and well... it was corny and musically boring. But free and pretty hilarious.

I was high.

• I haven't heard the Bacharach album so I don't really know what the Dre tracks sound like. However, I was reading an interview with Dre earlier this year or something and he was talking about how he was taking classes in music theory and working on music composition. He also mentioned he was collaborating with Bacharach and that they'd be putting out an album. Either Dre overstated things or they simply couldn't get an album's worth of material they thought was worth releasing, but I guess the fruits of their labor ended up on the new album. As far as lyrics, it's usually Hal David who writes the lyrics while Bacharach does the composing. I think his new album is the first time Bacharach's tried his hand at writing lyrics himself, supposedly because he felt strongly about certain issues pertinent to these times.