The 50 Cent Movie......

2»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    one of the many things i learned from this cinematic masterpiece was that crack was introduced to queens shortly after pac died.

One detail I was really feeling: the posters for Dilated Peoples and a Ricky Powell photo exhibit on a teenage Fifty's bedroom wall.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    one of the many things i learned from this cinematic masterpiece was that crack was introduced to queens shortly after pac died.

One detail I was really feeling: the posters for Dilated Peoples and a Ricky Powell photo exhibit on a teenage Fifty's bedroom wall.
    damn,they really didn't care about details in this flick did they?was it shot in queens or toronto?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

damn,they really didn't care about details in this flick did they?was it shot in queens or toronto?

No, they really didn't go to any effort. It's just a very sloppy film.

And the plot is ridiculous; something more closely resembling his real story would have been a lot more interesting.

Instead, there's this character "Majestic"--obviously intended to represent Supreme--who it turns out murdered Fifty's mother. Then there's Majestic's boss--an obvious Godfather bite played by Bill Duke--who Fifty ultimately learns is his own father.

The whole thing is an insult to the viewer.

• So what is the verdict on the shooting in the studio scene. Does anybody think that had anything to do with JMJ(RIP) shooting? I could see an influence, but I really couldn't call it.

• Then there's Majestic's boss--an obvious Godfather bite played by Bill Duke--who Fifty ultimately learns is his own father.

SPOILER!!!!

• Brawl Breaks Out At Movie Theater
    Police Report No Arrests Yet[/b]

PROVIDENCE -- A night at the movies at Providence Place was curtailed after a brawl broke out.

The movie theater at the popular mall had to close early Friday night because of the melee, which meant several late-night movies were not shown.

The incident started at about 9:30 p.m. in the food court. A large group of teenagers and young adults began pushing and shoving each other, police said.

Police believe the group was going to see the movie "Get Rich or Die Tryin'," starring the rapper 50 Cent.

More than 100 people were involved in the disturbance.

Two officers were taken to a hospital with minor injuries when a police cruiser was involved in a traffic accident on the scene.

There were no serious injuries, and no arrests were immediately made.

http://www.turnto10.com/news/5311184/detail.html

• Just playing. I'm not about to see this movie on the big screen anyway.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    I just saw this on the last day of it's showing here,i was entertained.I liked the inclusion of the jamaican character, the person that he named his son after(in the movie).It's a MTV...film, what were you all expecting?.