France

Comments

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    everyone in the this thread. shit, unless you participated in the riots, i dont think i'll believe anyone about this shit

as far as I'm concerned 'everyone' includes people in france & the rioters themselves - dudes are interviewed all day long on the radio about why they want to burn down everything & it just doesn't really seem to explain it, 'it's too crowded, I can't see the horizon' - it's like, wow - poetic stuff dude, but ?? y'know

• edubedub 715 Posts
    I think someone who lives where the rioting happened has more cred than a journalist. Journalist can only report on what they see at face value, whereas there's likely to be deeper underlying socio-economic factors at play, that the (american?) reporters are not privvy to.

mack - you're including yourself, when you say no-one knows what they're talking about, right?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    of course i am. i have no clue whats goin on over there. shits fucked up thats all i know. no one here is the definitive authority on this situation. allz im sayin

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    everyone in the this thread. shit, unless you participated in the riots, i dont think i'll believe anyone about this shit

follow Bapt...no need to feel lost...the situation is quiet clear.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    hows that suspect?

read back, i did an edit...

• jesus christ, yeah myspace is good for getting a vd, not so good for news

yo einstein, I wrote that. I live in the suburbs of paris & lived here all my life, so mind you I know what I'm talkin about. now if you wanna trust the bullshit you get on the news instead I don't care, you're probably brainwashed already anyway

"iam sorry but it is muslims doing this "

Iam sorry but you don't know shit !
    hello, thanks for correcting my ignorance. but i think you are directing your tyrate at me based on sombody elses quotes. please read back and have a lovely day. peace,
    stein. . .

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Eyh! New Graemlin for you (all).

• Dude, thanks to reassure me (I don't care about most reissues).

Personally, I think it is a very serious situation right now in France. I have friends on travel in France and I know peoples living in the riotings where the suburbs are (around Marseille - Lyon - Paris - Avignon)

It is more than selfishness about if I am going to loose my 300$CAN with paypal or not.

I am concerned about all this and would like to know what's up "in general" too.

Just my 2 cents.

Just wondering, is it safe to order stuff from France right now (like the postal service)???

Are you serious?

I'm sure he is. I have it on good authority that France's postal workers are selecting any record mailer sized packages from their warehouses and, in a show of solidarity with the rioters, using the vinyl to set every VW bus they kind find on fire. I understand they're particulary interested in le black music. So Gui, I would be very wary about having anything to do with France right now. The best thing we can is make bets on how long the rioting will last. The French, they're goof rioters, n'est ce pas?

Don't worry. As long as you order original wax. They use the vinyl as shields against police bullets. They need only 180g high quality repress!

• This thread is very 80'S BOOGIE/MODERN SOUL/DISCOFUNK.

Wow! This thread is

• Dude, thanks to reassure me (I don't care about most reissues).

Personally, I think it is a very serious situation right now in France. I have friends on travel in France and I know peoples living in the riotings where the suburbs are (around Marseille - Lyon - Paris - Avignon)

It is more than selfishness about if I am going to loose my 300$CAN with paypal or not.

I am concerned about all this and would like to know what's up "in general" too.

Just my 2 cents.

Just wondering, is it safe to order stuff from France right now (like the postal service)???

Are you serious?

I'm sure he is. I have it on good authority that France's postal workers are selecting any record mailer sized packages from their warehouses and, in a show of solidarity with the rioters, using the vinyl to set every VW bus they kind find on fire. I understand they're particulary interested in le black music. So Gui, I would be very wary about having anything to do with France right now. The best thing we can is make bets on how long the rioting will last. The French, they're goof rioters, n'est ce pas?

Don't worry. As long as you order original wax. They use the vinyl as shields against police bullets. They need only 180g high quality repress!

Yeah it's cool. It's good to see people asking questions about it.
    I jocked about it cause the world media seems to enlarge too much what is going on.

I pretty agree with The Mack. As long as you don't live exactly in the hood where the riots take place, you don't know a lot about it. I'm living in downtown Paris but to be honest I don't know shit about what's really happenin' in the suburbs. If you over exagereted it, It's like asking about the life in South Central to a guy who live in Beverly Hills. Even if you leave in suburbs it's not the same to live in the projects itself. There's a lot of fantasms and ignorancy about Paris suburbs.

If you ask me, this shit is all about manhood, pride and teenage crisis. Rioters don't give a fuck about the two guys killed (who really give a fuck about them except their familly and friends? people from a project hate the guys from the other projects!), they fuck about representing their hood and burn more cars than the next city.
    Seriously: there is someone here who really think people burn the car of a poor neighbour "to express his anger and his struggle against the system bla bla bla"?? This is just plain fun for the teenagers, it's like a good party. They have the rights to go out during night, burning things and shit..
    Sarkozy hurt their pride when he insulted them, and he did it just because he only exist in the media when people are afraid, when people are more concerned about insecurity. Rioters just did what's the best for him! They just shoot on their own feet! He just need to be in the media to be the next president, he just did what Bush did to be reelected: start a good ol' war. Finally who is hurt when the bus is burnt? Sarkozy? the bourgeoisie? the more hurt is the guy who just burnt it, and the poor guy who will be in late at work the next day. Be sure he will vote for sarkozy on the next election.

But to my experience, it's just another riot like you see about every year in the parisian suburbs when some youngsters get killed by police. It's just that it's bigger this time and people in the media get crazy about it, telling to the world it's like war out there. Come on! I bet you no one will talk about it in few days. Sarkozy will gain more followers thinking suburbians are just a bunch of bad people, and the life will go on with the same bullshit, animosity and racism.

Just my opinion..

• Finally - someone is making sense.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Damn T!!!!!

What are you talkin about...?
    Have you ever lived in a suburb...? Not talkin of Neuilly, nahmean?

You scared me (because you are French), really, you're talkin shit, man.

As long as you don't live exactly in the hood where the riots take place, you don't know a lot about it. I'm living in downtown Paris but to be honest I don't know shit about what's really happenin' in the suburbs...

Ok, so?

There's a lot of fantasms and ignorancy about Paris suburbs.

Thomas, here is the funniest part of your speech.
    "fantasms", I'd say "reality".

Seriously: there is someone here who really think people burn the car of a poor neighbour "to express his anger and his struggle against the system" ?? This is just plain fun for the teenagers, it's like a good party.

A good party??

They have the rights to go out during night, burning things and shit...

To shoot on the cops with "improved weapons", to throw gasoline on 'em.
    They have the right to kill a dude whos just takin photos of a "standard lamp" ("lampadaire" in French), in front of his wife and his daughter @ 4PM.
    The right to kill another one (60 years old) without a reason... Even with a reason, that sucks!!!!!!!
    ...ETC...
    Thomas, you seem
    We (they) have grenades, kalashnikov...
    Dudes are ready for the war, the real one.

But to my experience, it's just another riot like you see about every year in the parisian suburbs when some youngsters get killed by police. It's just that it's bigger this time and people in the media get crazy about it, telling to the world it's like war out there. Come on! I bet you no one will talk about it in few days. Sarkozy will gain more followers thinking suburbians are just a bunch of bad people, and the life will go on with the same bullshit, animosity and racism.

Yup, bigger.

No one will talk about it in a few days, I hope you're right.

But what is sure is that this "movement" is here and won't disappear in a few days.
    Kids in the suburbs have A LOT OF problems!!!
    Problems which did not appear yesterday... nahmean?
    I'm talkin about 40 years old problems.

Man, the next time, re-read your post before hitting the "continue" button.

We met once, talked twice or something, you seemed to be cool...
    If I did not "know" you, my answer would have been "Go fuck yourself!"

You know, that would have been easier for me to leave the strutters in their ignorance.

Peace (in the suburbs)

Bapt

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Finally - someone is making sense.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    I ain't going to get into numbers but I'm sure at least 95 p. of those kids are born in France & have the french nationality.

1830 people have been arrested : 1710 french, 120 foreigners.
    94 % are french

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    Fake Thug : NORE cancelled his show in Paris yesterday beacause he was afraid of the riots !!

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I'm with bapt on this one. It's not a party, the problem's not going away and the fact is that if you treat people like animals they will act like animals. There are real grievances here and you don't need to live in the suburban ghetto to see that. You exclude people from mainstream society so they find other ways to make themselves visible. These people don't have access to the media, they're ignored by the state, denied a platform to express themselves and now they're shouting a little louder. Sarkozy declaring virtual war on the suburbs doesn't help anything going forward. Treat the illness not the symptons.

• Damn T!!!!!

What are you talkin about...?
    Have you ever lived in a suburb...? Not talkin of Neuilly, nahmean?

You scared me (because you are French), really, you're talkin shit, man.

I talk about what I've seen for 29 years living and be on school in place like 18eme, Boulogne Billancourt, Puteaux, Argenteuil and the 20eme arrondissements.

As long as you don't live exactly in the hood where the riots take place, you don't know a lot about it. I'm living in downtown Paris but to be honest I don't know shit about what's really happenin' in the suburbs...

Ok, so?

So what? It's not clear?

There's a lot of fantasms and ignorancy about Paris suburbs.

Thomas, here is the funniest part of your speech.
    "fantasms", I'd say "reality".
    NOPE. I stick on fantasms. People usually think every damn people on a hot suburbs is a rioter. People in the country think every rioter got a damn AK47 in his car ready to be used against police. THIS IS A MINORITY.

Seriously: there is someone here who really think people burn the car of a poor neighbour "to express his anger and his struggle against the system" ?? This is just plain fun for the teenagers, it's like a good party.

A good party??

yep. a good party. Sorry if it's but it's just reality. It's rioters themself who said that. Sorry if you fantasize on a new social revolution that would end any social problems but it's not. It's just kids having fun with molotov cocktails and guns, cause their lack of education and familly structure didn't told them it's bad and have horrible circonstances to kill and wound people. I say it once again: they don't give a fuck about your 40 years of segregation, they're not politicians or talk show intelectuals, they live in a place where violence is a normal thing.

They have the rights to go out during night, burning things and shit...

To shoot on the cops with "improved weapons", to throw gasoline on 'em.
    They have the right to kill a dude whos just takin photos of a "standard lamp" ("lampadaire" in French), in front of his wife and his daughter @ 4PM.
    The right to kill another one (60 years old) without a reason... Even with a reason, that sucks!!!!!!!
    First, you probably didn't understand what I wrote. Did I say it's cool to kill people? Maybe my english is weak (which is possible, sorry for that). When I say they have "the rights to", I mean the actual circunstances give them the feelings they have the right to make some very bad things. It's hard to throw a molotov cocktail on a car when you're alone. It's easier to do it when you're in the middle of a hundreds of angry people. The crowd give them a sort of impunity. I don't excuse it at all, it's the opposite: I'm fed up to hear people said it's normal and understandable to burn cars because of a so-called anger against society. We all know how dumb people become when they are in group.
    Second, saying "kill people sucks" is like blow up an open door.

Yup, bigger.

No one will talk about it in a few days, I hope you're right.

But what is sure is that this "movement" is here and won't disappear in a few days.
    Kids in the suburbs have A LOT OF problems!!!
    Problems which did not appear yesterday... nahmean?
    I'm talkin about 40 years old problems.

Come on.. You react like it's the first time these guys burn cars and kill people for no reason! Man i heard about that since I'm born! I know so many people who were beaten because they refuse to give a cigarette or cause their girlfriend were insulted in the street. Is it part of a "movement"? Is there any connection between hit a guy in the face for no reason and 40 years of racism?
    Do you excuse a pedophil because he was abused himself?
    Just have a look to the background of the arrested rioters, they all have huge familly problems, it's not only leaving in a project.
    Don't show me as the bad guy. I know it's hard to come from a project, I know suburbian (not only rioters) have problems and would like to live where I live, I know police is violent and racist, and so what? I had and still have friendship with people from hard suburbs who didn't beat people, talk wisely and are good students or workers. You always have choice.

Man, the next time, re-read your post before hitting the "continue" button.

We met once, talked twice or something, you seemed to be cool...
    If I did not "know" you, my answer would have been "Go fuck yourself!"

Don't be so dramatical and clich??. It's not a sitcom with good and bad people, it's the real life. I'm cool with people who respect me, my friends and familly. I hate dumb ass who say it's cool to be Tony Montana and wears "Kaira" sweatshirts. THEY ARE NOT VICTIMS. Is it simplistic? OK that's fine with me. I have no time in life to excuse violent bastards and find them excuses.

You know, that would have been easier for me to leave the strutters in their ignorance.

As long as you don't witness it with your own eyes, as long as it's not your car burning in front of you, as long as you're not the son of the beaten to death man, you still be ignorant.

It's not because you are completely disconnected from the streets that the whole french population is...your opinion stinks as much as an asshole from my point of view (which have no value for y'all Saint Thomas follower, read your bible if you don't get it).

You and The Mack seems to share that idea that if you don't live something, you can't either tak about it or embrace the situation. If that was the case, then the whole World wouldn't talk about, let's see, Slavery. Or the Jewish Holocaust. Both of those events can be questionned if you wait to talk to someone that lived it. I never taked to Huey P Newton, but i still feel like i can talk the dude. Not that i know what he had in mind or what he was trying to reach, but i feel like i can draw some conclusion out of what i read, what i talked about with sons of Panthers, etc...Y'all are just lost either because you don't get out of your house a lot. Or you don't know France and french people so you are feeling like you can't add any input. Well, that happen to me a lot...When y'all are talking about local stories, it just concern a small group of people and hopefully some others will feel interested. Same here. I'm not telling you to believe what an french have to say about this shit, but SOME people make sense and some opinions are worthy. You can't throw everything in the garbage can just because YOU don't shit about a situation. If you tell me you lived years in a country and i trust your judgement, i would believe you if you describe me the country a bit. You can do the same exercise with other people...There's nothing wrong with being schooled by others. A lot of people in here schools me about US politics. Not to say that i LISTEN to y'all, but for an event like Kathrina, i had more infos from the Strut than CNN. So again, i'm not saying that you should believe us more than your neighboor, but make sens when you say "i believe people that lived it". Really because if you was talking with a rioter, you wouldn't understand shit for real.

im out...sorry to disturb the peace.

• if you don't live something, you can't either talk about it or embrace the situation. If that was the case, then the whole World wouldn't talk about, let's see, Slavery. Or the Jewish Holocaust.

Agreed!!!

• I'm with bapt on this one. It's not a party, the problem's not going away and the fact is that if you treat people like animals they will act like animals. There are real grievances here and you don't need to live in the suburban ghetto to see that. You exclude people from mainstream society so they find other ways to make themselves visible. These people don't have access to the media, they're ignored by the state, denied a platform to express themselves and now they're shouting a little louder. Sarkozy declaring virtual war on the suburbs doesn't help anything going forward. Treat the illness not the symptons.

I agree with you on the form, but you're talking like a book, not like a people who are living the situation. Damn... You would be the first you and Bapt to refuse the entry to a bunch of that type of guys if you would do a party in your home.
    Stop saying they are victims. Stop acting like you're on the side of people beating people to death. Why burning the car of a guy who live in the same place and have the same problems as you?
    I understand why they hate policemen who disrespect and be violent with them, I can't understand a youngster shooting on the guy who shot at him or his friends, but what the fuck with the neighbours? This is ridiculous and is out of control and mind.
    You wanna get out of the ghetto? stop crying and do something for you to be out of here.
    You thing I'm insulting suburbians or something? I think it's an insult to their intelligence to think it's a majority of people from there who think "to be visible, the best would be to set some cars on fire or kill an old lady"

Sarkozy? He doesn't want to cure suburbs, problems in the suburbs is the main reason why people like him! He's like all the politicians, he's threating the direct symptoms to please people for the next vote.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Someone tell me again what this was all over again?

• Can we just take a moment to appreciate the great contributions from Imperial_Mao in this thread

Agreed

True Indeed !!!

Agreed!!!

• I didn't realise that it was against the rules to express support for the views that had been made it such a short manner. However allow me to indulge myself one more time...

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the great contributions from Imperial_Mao in this threat

Smart Arse !!!

• Arse !!!

speak american dude

• Actually you are using a poor imitation of the english language, corrupted by phonetic spelling and poor grammar etc...

• Actually you are using a poor imitation of the english language, corrupted by phonetic spelling and poor grammar etc...

eat a snail

• eat a snail

I think you will find it's "escargot" as eaten across the channel, very tasty as well, may I add.

• It's not because you are completely disconnected from the streets that the whole french population is...your opinion stinks as much as an asshole from my point of view (which have no value for y'all Saint Thomas follower, read your bible if you don't get it).
    What I don't get is the obvious contradiction in your sentence. How in the same time I could argue about a subject from where I'm disconnected from and only talk and thrust about what I've seen like Saint Thomas?

You and The Mack seems to share that idea that if you don't live something, you can't either tak about it or embrace the situation. If that was the case, then the whole World wouldn't talk about, let's see, Slavery. Or the Jewish Holocaust. Both of those events can be questionned if you wait to talk to someone that lived it. I never taked to Huey P Newton, but i still feel like i can talk the dude. Not that i know what he had in mind or what he was trying to reach, but i feel like i can draw some conclusion out of what i read, what i talked about with sons of Panthers, etc...Y'all are just lost either because you don't get out of your house a lot. Or you don't know France and french people so you are feeling like you can't add any input. Well, that happen to me a lot...When y'all are talking about local stories, it just concern a small group of people and hopefully some others will feel interested. Same here. I'm not telling you to believe what an french have to say about this shit, but SOME people make sense and some opinions are worthy. You can't throw everything in the garbage can just because YOU don't shit about a situation. If you tell me you lived years in a country and i trust your judgement, i would believe you if you describe me the country a bit. You can do the same exercise with other people...There's nothing wrong with being schooled by others. A lot of people in here schools me about US politics. Not to say that i LISTEN to y'all, but for an event like Kathrina, i had more infos from the Strut than CNN. So again, i'm not saying that you should believe us more than your neighboor, but make sens when you say "i believe people that lived it". Really because if you was talking with a rioter, you wouldn't understand shit for real.

im out...sorry to disturb the peace.

I don't disagree with you on that, I disagree with what it seems to be your point of view: the whole suburbians people decided to burn cars, kill policemen and throw their social life away by being arrested just because two guys were killed and Sarkozy threating them of "scum people". Are you going to kill somebody in the street if Chirac tells you you're a scum? Did you ever thought racism will disappear here because France won the soccer world cup with a team composed of caucasian and african people?
    I'm not against people who are giving their opinion. I disagree when people think there's a sort of united suburbians army that trying to make the revolution and change the world. This is simplistic and I don't like global way of explanation. It's all about weakness of the human beings. If you give a good job, money and wife to a rioter, he will get out of here and will don't give a fuck about those who stayed in the shit.
    Progress are low, only time and mentality evolution will change things.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

eat a snail

I think you will find it's "escargot" as eaten across the channel, very tasty as well, may I add.

if you enjoy eating a butter and garlic laden pencil eraser.