NEW EYE SURGERY

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
we was doing a video the other day and one of the grips told me he just had some new miracle surgury that didn't require any cutting at all just a lazer and a few clicks and his vision was 20/20 the next day. said it cost 4 g's and he would have happily paid any price. anybody know about this? peace, stein. . .

Comments

• Been around for a few years. Unfortunately, according to my optom, it's not always 100% successful. Meaning that it can rectify a lot of one's vision, but there still might be the chance that you'd have to still wear specs with a weaker lens anyway...and still pay the 4Gs. Risky...
    Who'd want to be the % that lucks out.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    lasek or some shit right?

• lasek or some shit right?
    NO lasek requires cutting you lens and flapping it back while they beam your eye. this was some stuff he was talking bout. peace, stein. . .

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    My friend got "laser eye surgery" (I don't know if it was this lasek or what YE is talking about). Anyway, it worked perfectly... EXCEPT he has constant blood-shot eyes. At first, I thought he was just some weed-head, but then he started dropping the Christian science on me

• Moms got the oldschool cut one ages before they had the lazer ish.
    I'd do it if I had been running around with goggles all my life already.

eyemelt

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    Most opticians/optometrists will advise against it if you have certain eye conditions. I've got astigmatism and have worn glasses since I was 6 years old. I'm used to them now, but they are a right hassle for playing sports, getting rain on the lenses, having to clean the buggers every day, and having a damage tolerance threshold of seemingly a strong breeze. I can totally understand why people want it done, but it's pointless in my situation. It doesn't last forever and I will need glasses later in life anyway, so I've been told not to bother even thinking about surgery. And glasses are pretty cool these days

• my girlfriend had Lasek done about 4 years ago and it worked like a dream. No hiccups, side effects etc and her sight is still bang-on to this day. How long it will last, who knows? But, she's got nothing bad to say about it.

• Urggh ! I'm not squeamish about much but can't stand people touching my eyes.
    I don't wear glasses at the moment but I'm pretty sure I'd be "the live guy with glasses" before I let someone cut my eyes and or use lasers on 'em.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    glasses must suck man. I mean, they slowly just make your eyes WORSE anyways dont they? Theres gotta be a better way man, theres gotta.

• this is going to put me out of business. Harumphh.

• Options
    I had Lasik in 2002 and haven't had any problems. I had the one where they cut the flap and peel it back, not the one 'Stein is talking about. I went from 20/200 to 20/15 in both eyes. My ex-girl had it, my brother had it, my sister had it, three guys I work with went in after me and had it, and no one has had any problems.

• cut the flap and peel it back

That is not a selling point for me..
    Couldn't you have said, 'caressed the eye & gently removed the problem' or something... Sheeesh.

Glad it worked for you though.
    I hate dj'ing with glasses. If the room is all hot & sweaty, the headphones are just a pain...