one album you’re really enjoying

TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
edited November 2005 in Record Collecting
i havent listened to this in awhile, and i must say, this album rules! honorable mentions:Breakwater-S/t

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Is this one that much better than Spirit of the times? I didn't really dig that one too much.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    never heard that one, but this album is super beautiful. you must get it crink!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Awakening "Mirage" (Black Jazz) - Thanks M*latency

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    not the best pic - Jimmy Hughes - Soemthing Special - beautiful record courtesy of good records:

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I am cracking up just thinking about how I will listen to this album when I get home. Usually I don't care for overtly humorous music, but this record tickles my funnybone just right (PASUE)... maybe because it seems to me as if the comedy is balanced out by a more sinister undercurrent:

Just try to say something, you little dudes.

• I am cracking up just thinking about how I will listen to this album when I get home. Usually I don't care for overtly humorous music, but this record tickles my funnybone just right (PASUE)... maybe because it seems to me as if the comedy is balanced out by a more sinister undercurrent:

Just try to say something, you little dudes Young Phonics.

Well, my funny bone is tickled by the image of Smug_Rillz sitting down in his "study", gently pulling out said record, and sitting there queitly (head resting on chin) just smirking and occasionally giggling at the "humurous byt sinister" undercurrents. Also the boy chilling at his legal firm laughing (with anticipation perhaps?) of said experience.

what a long subway ride it'll be for our resident legal-eagle.

I've been bumping this one

I copped recently because the cover/artwork is dope, but it is actually some good music.

• about once a year I fiend for this and will listen to it for a month straight...forget every other "alt country", "roots rock" record ever made, wilco, ryan adams....Carla, the leader of this band, is one bad-ass chick and she kicks the shit out of those sissy boys..this is the real shit.

• Awakening "Mirage" (Black Jazz) - Thanks M*latency

whatddya think of that 8 minute freakout for track 2? not really feeling that, tho everything else.

I'm into this one, right now:

• I've been bumping this one

I copped recently because the cover/artwork is dope, but it is actually some good music.

i love that record

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    the comedy is balanced out by a more sinister undercurrent

Sounds interesting. Could you expound on that a little? I'm unfamiliar with this record except in name.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Awakening "Mirage" (Black Jazz) - Thanks M*latency

whatddya think of that 8 minute freakout for track 2? not really feeling that, tho everything else.

are you talking about the one with the vocals?

this album has been on spin 3 or 4 times since I got it this weekend. But I'm never in the room when its playing, background music while I cook, clean and work.

the first track on both sides is great with "Slinky" being

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

I picked this up earlier this week and am really feelin'. Trying to expand my horizons a bit. I especially love how the musicians on this record know just how and when to take it there. Cool and groovy, but deep right when you need it to be. Recommendations are appreciated.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

just got a nice copy of this lately and i've been digging it. i like how after he went all funky-spacey for a few years he came back and put out a dope straight jazz album.

• I've been revisting some Blood. I dug it out of my crates along with some Primetime after that Ornette Coleman post a couple weeks back.

• Awakening "Mirage" (Black Jazz) - Thanks M*latency

are you talking about the one with the vocals?

this album has been on spin 3 or 4 times since I got it this weekend. But I'm never in the room when its playing, background music while I cook, clean and work.

the first track on both sides is great with "Slinky" being

yeah the one with abstract singing. Ive tried toget into that one, cause everything else on that album is hot smoke, but that track is bumpy, IMO. Just tryin to get other views.

• I picked this up earlier this week and am really feelin'. Trying to expand my horizons a bit. I especially love how the musicians on this record know just how and when to take it there. Cool and groovy, but deep right when you need it to be. Recommendations are appreciated.

definitely pick up the "discovery 3" lp by them. green with 3 barbarella chicks on cover. both of those albums are the SHIT!!! i never get sick of them.

in the same groovy jazz pocket: los brasilios "brazilian beat", phil moore jr. and the afro latin soultet on tower, also phil moore jr. "right now" on atlantic, wayne henderson "soul sound system" on atlantic, freddie hubbard "backlash", three sounds ... ... so many more like this. i need more local band versions of these types of albums in my life. i can't think of any that i own!!!!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    All the Bar-Kays 70s and early 80s LPs got some joints on em. All the Bar-Kays LPs been on rotation lately. This LP is EXTRA FONKY.... Attitudes, Flying high on you love, You can't run away = Flavor! Such a dope album cover as well.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Thank yooou!!!

• legendlegend 124 Posts

• djrdjr 511 Posts

Small jpeg, I know, but Ramsey Lewis Trio's "Another Voyage"
    has been on heavy rotation.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Dope album!

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

I was sleeping, this gets played at least twice daily.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Dope album!

yah I was gonna put that on last night, it's sitting on display in my expedit at the moment

gonna mellow out to that tonite..is the new episode of Lost on yet?

arrgh

• One of my favourite dollar bin records...

• what label is that on?

• Well,...tickled by Smug_Rillz...gently pulling out...and sitting there queitly (head resting on chin)[/b] just smirking and occasionally giggling.

whoa