the real NFL season has arrived...

edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Andy Reid used the word "urgency" in discussing his team's mindset following Sunday's 49-21 loss in Denver

too bad Washington feels the same "urgency"...too bad you're playing AT Washington...too bad Washington is REALLY pissed after yesterday...too bad T.O is due for another melt down...

Eagles 4-3
Oct 30 @Denver ...loss
Nov 6 @Washington ...loss
Nov 14 Dallas.....lose AGAIN
Nov 20 @N.Y. Giants ...loss
Nov 27 Green Bay....win
Dec 5 Seattle ....loss
Dec 11 N.Y. Giants ...win
Dec 18 @St. Louis ...win
Dec 24 @Arizona...win
Jan 1 Washington ...win

Dolphins 3-4
Oct 30 @New Orleans...win
Nov 6 Atlanta...win
Nov 13 New England ...loss
Nov 20 @Cleveland ...win
Nov 27 @Oakland ....win
Dec 4 Buffalo...win
Dec 11 @San Diego ....loss
Dec 18 N.Y. Jets ...win
Dec 24 Tennessee ...win
Jan 1 @New England ...loss

sayin' people..... NO NFL TALK THIS WEEK ????

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Eagles at Denver was like a repeat of the NE game there two weeks ago. Pats got stomped to shit in the first half, came back to make it interesting in the second, but fell short. Eagles made a nice run at it, but they took themselves too far out of it in the first. Denver is tough. Only X factor there seems to be Plummer, can he keep it together and pull a Trent Dilfer? I keep expecting him to implode.

Most of the games I caught were blowouts. The Pats game was at least close, but not very exciting.

Where the phuck is Phill Most?
    I kept wanting to post up NFL ish yesterday, but didn't wanna get by Ed Powers!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Denver is tough.

Miami 34, Denver 10 [/b]

Where the phuck is Phill Most?
    do you mean PhiLLL[/b]?...i add L's to PhiLLL[/b]'s name for every Eagle defeat

I kept wanting to post up NFL ish yesterday, but didn't wanna get by Ed Powers!

go for it next time dude....i admit i was a bit harsh on the newbie

Good luck with Atlanta - those dudes are no pushovers.

We got Indy next week - Pats have owned them throughout most of the BB regime, but they are on fire and we are looking shaky week after week...I hope it's not revenge time for the Colts...

• Where the phuck is Phill Most?

In hiding after that bitch ass performance by the Eagles on Sunday. I still ain't gonna give up on 'em since I've seen over the past few years how they can look like sacks of dog shit one week, then Donovan comes back and plays like Johnny Unitas for the next six weeks in a row. I think that hernia's gonna keep it from happening this year, though. PITIFUL.
    Right now the eagles =

I'm still gonna win that bet though, edpowers.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    Denver is tough. Only X factor there seems to be Plummer, can he keep it together and pull a Trent Dilfer? I keep expecting him to implode.

the way things are going, the colts are going to get home field advantage so, if denver has to travel to indianapolis for a playoff game.. you'll certainly see the imploding process that day (see: the last two seasons).

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Go Chiefs !!!

• Options
    Seriously, there was crazy collisions thsi past Sunday. Garcia, Robinson's kick return, McCown sideline shot...damn.

K.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Seriously, there was crazy collisions thsi past Sunday. Robinson's kick return

True he thought he was in the clear and then bam... we need video!

• do you mean PhiLLL[/b]?...i add L's to PhiLLL[/b]'s name for every Eagle defeat

Lol! I'm not goin to start talking ish because even though the Seahawks are 5-2, I can't see us doin much damage unless our D drastically improves.

That hit on Koren was CRAZY!! Somebody start the NBA post. Its time to hate on Kobe and the Lakers.

• debardebar 215 Posts
    damn, there's another chiefs fan out there? i'm a little (okay, a lot) worried about their supposedly improved defense, but it was good to see Green & Gonzalez come alive in the second half. The way everyone in that division is playing (including Oakland) the Chiefs are gonna have to step it up. Good news though: although they're 1-2 in division games, their last 3 div games are all at Arrowhead.

and as for my (local) team, they got the best defense in the league bar none. did you see that hit on garcia? i half expected his head to pop off. they have this division on lock w/ the Vikes & Pack fighting for last place and the Lions being the Lions.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    Only X factor there seems to be Plummer

negative. bell and anderson are the ones that are .. they're probably both going to hit 1,000 yards rushing. (each has over 500 right now halfway through the season)

• All I can say is the Giants are for real. I remember taking shit for saying 10-6, but 11-5 may be realistic. Our offense is potent. It all started for us last year when we put up 30 on Pitt...

Wellington Mara RIP

• do you mean PhiLLL[/b]?...i add L's to PhiLLL[/b]'s name for every Eagle defeat
    Lol! I'm not goin to start talking ish because even though the Seahawks are 5-2, I can't see us doin much damage unless our D drastically improves.

You might as well talk ish, Wizzle... at this point, Seattle's got as good a shot as anybody to take the NFC. It's officially up for grabs now that the eagles have turned into beagles. Who else is gonna take it, the Giants? Can you imagine if Eli made it to the bowl in just his second season? That would be CRAZY, but it looks very possible now. The Cowboys? Once Bledsoe faces a team in the playoffs with a good pass rush, he and the 'Boys are gonna be DONE, you mark my word (that's right, Stacks). Tampa Bay doesn't have a QB or reliable running game anymore. I really like Carolina in the NFC right now, but their quarterback is reeeeeally too. Watch out for those Bears, mang... if their rookie QB can stay afloat and get better as the season progresses, who knows.

That hit on Koren was CRAZY!!

He got JACKED UP. Dude thought he was back in Seattle when he was walking off the field! Hines Ward took some hellacious shots last night too, and everytime he got up smilin' like it was funny. That dude is tuff city.

Somebody start the NBA post. Its time to hate on Kobe and the Lakers.
    Yeah, somebody start it! They may as well just give the trophy to San Antonio now, though.

Somebody start the NBA post.

one moment

• Somebody start the NBA post.

one moment

Already beat you to it, mane (now there's probably gonna be 2 of em... oh well)

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    damn, there's another chiefs fan out there? i'm a little (okay, a lot) worried about their supposedly improved defense, but it was good to see Green & Gonzalez come alive in the second half. The way everyone in that division is playing (including Oakland) the Chiefs are gonna have to step it up. Good news though: although they're 1-2 in division games, their last 3 div games are all at Arrowhead.

I more worried that they are in the same division as the Chargers & the Broncos... As far as the D is concerned, they are getting better. In the past years I was nervous when the d was on the field with a 3rd and 15. Seemed like could never get off the field. Now they are pretty good on the run and with time will get better with their pass defense. Patrick Surtain got injured during the game against the chargers so that didn't help. Looking forward to the chiefs / Raiders game !!!

• The Cowboys? Once Bledsoe faces a team in the playoffs with a good pass rush, he and the 'Boys are gonna be DONE, you mark my word (that's right, Stacks). I really like Carolina in the NFC right now, but their quarterback is reeeeeally too.

I agree with this. I still like the Colts to take it all. I don't know whats up with Philly but the picture will get clearer over the next 3 weeks.

• the last two seasons have been confounding...wtf is going on? I mean Chicago is leading their division. CHICAGO...they really really suck and they are able to lead their division? I dont know, my picks are all over the damn place every week...its anybodys game every week...I am confused. Go Steelers.

Aches and pains in Philadelphia...........(Nov. 2, 2005)[/b]

Wide receiver Terrell Owens re-injured the same ankle he broke last year and is now listed as doubtful for Sunday night's game against Washington. Owens told the Eagles that he doubts he'll be able to play the following week's Monday nighter against Dallas

T.O is due for another melt down...

• T.O is due for another melt down...

Dag, you done really came out the woodwork now, huh, edpowers? Still over half a season to go, so just keep it real and don't cower back into the shadows when Philly gets their ship steered back on course and the Fins sink to the bottom of the NFL ocean (you know deep down it's just a matter of time).

that last jpeg has nothing to do with this thread, it just came up when I googled "dolphins eagles nfl"

• everytime I see Andy Reid on the sidelines, I keep thinking he is going to have a big sloppy submarine sandwich in his hand to snack on during the game...I dont know why, he just looks like a dude who would eat a lot of big sloppy submarine sandwiches. Go Steelers.

• everytime I see Andy Reid on the sidelines, I keep thinking he is going to have a big sloppy submarine sandwich in his hand to snack on during the game...I dont know why, he just looks like a dude who would eat a lot of big sloppy submarine sandwiches.

He lost like 50 or 60 lbs. since last season, though. He's downright svelte thanks to that L.A. Weight Loss plan he's on, lookin' almost as good as the bikini chick in the pic up above.

• everytime I see Andy Reid on the sidelines, I keep thinking he is going to have a big sloppy submarine sandwich in his hand to snack on during the game...I dont know why, he just looks like a dude who would eat a lot of big sloppy submarine sandwiches.

He lost like 50 or 60 lbs. since last season, though. He's downright svelte thanks to that L.A. Weight Loss plan he's on, lookin' almost as good as the bikini chick in the pic up above.

oh, it aint because he is a big man, just his face and 'stache, I just picture a big ol sammich in his hands.

McNabb INT:

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    two weeks of nfl into one measly thread?

aight phil, what you think about last nights game
    skins did aight. im still upset that twice we get into the redzone and fumble. that is a recurring problem. thank god for dockery bein in the right place at the right time.
    got a lil scared with philly's last drive
    definitely likin the division competition right now
    ef t.o. eagles looked ok.

aight what surprised me from yesterday:
    oakland losing.
    detroit got smoked... i picked them. i guess i missed the garcia injury. harrington had a 2nd chance at redeeming himself this season and blew it. i still like detroit though.
    miami looked decent enough to beat atl... frerotte what were you thinkin?
    jets play calling on 3rd and 4th down at the end of the game. "....."
    and
    brad johnson. nice.

aight
    tonight is clash of the titans
    i want to say pats on top, but i hate new england. colts by 7.

• two weeks of nfl into one measly thread?

aight phil, what you think about last nights game
    skins did aight. im still upset that twice we get into the redzone and fumble. that is a recurring problem. thank god for dockery bein in the right place at the right time.
    got a lil scared with philly's last drive
    definitely likin the division competition right now
    ef t.o. eagles looked ok.

The only good thing I saw about last night for the Eagles is that the receivers stepped up in T.O.'s absence. McMullen and Brown both made some nice catches. Other than that, McNabb just is not the one. I'm just sick of his poor decision making and his inability to get it done when he's under pressure. I should be applauding the dude for gutting it out and playing through a painful injury, but some of the bad moves he's making in these games have way more to do with his brain (or lack thereof) than with his banged-up body. He's been around too long to make some of the mental errors I'm seeing from him on a weekly basis.

detroit got smoked... i picked them. i guess i missed the garcia injury. harrington had a 2nd chance at redeeming himself this season and blew it. i still like detroit though.

I advise you not to like Detroit anymore this season. I wanted to like them too, but they stink. Both Harrington and Garcia are bums, I'm convinced now. Priority #1 for that franchise in the offseason is getting a real quarterback... maybe Jon Kitna from Cincy. That coach might have to go, too. They have too much talent to stink so bad, especially on offense.

miami looked decent enough to beat atl... frerotte what were you thinkin?

I hate to say it since I'm engaged in this beat with edpowers, but I do like Miami (I said it before the bet, too... just couldn't figure that Philly would fall off so badly). They definitely could've won that game yesterday.

brad johnson. nice.

I think having Johnson at qb might bring Minnesota all the way back. They can easily win their sad ass division if they keep winning. The Vikes are another team with too much talent for them to be so bad... Johnson at the helm might be the catalyst they need to get their party ship movin' in the right direction again.

aight
    tonight is clash of the titans
    i want to say pats on top, but i hate new england. colts by 7.

Pats. I want the Colts, but I will pick the Pats to beat them everytime until the Colts actually get over this huge speed bump. Brewski's back and he'll help keep Edge under control, which is how the Colts have been doing a lot of their damage this season. If they have to rely on the passing game to win against NE, the Colts will have a hard time as usual.

• I really wanted Philly to win last night because I hate the fact that the Cowboys will be facing a really motivated team...The Panthers are now the best team in the NFC. The two games they lost they could have easily won (especially that Miami game). Not to take anything away from the Falcons or Seahawks (Cowboys should have won) but dem Carolina boys just know how to ball! I'm picking the Colts to win tonight. That Indy defensive front might wreck havoc on Brady (just like dem Panthers did). This is turning out to be one interesting season.

• I really wanted Philly to win last night because I hate the fact that the Cowboys will be facing a really motivated team...

Motivation only gets you so far when you suck. Right now the Eagles suck. McNabb sucks. I'm just hoping that the team will officially banish Owens for the rest of the season so maybe McNabb will relax and get that weight off of his shoulders, and hopefully that will help him perform better. I don't know if that will help that pitiful O-line that can't seem to run block to save their lives (Westbrook 17 carries for 24 yards??? That's not even professional football if you can't do better than that).

The Panthers are now the best team in the NFC. The two games they lost they could have easily won (especially that Miami game). Not to take anything away from the Falcons or Seahawks (Cowboys should have won) but dem Carolina boys just know how to ball!

I agree with this. Nothing soft about those dudes, they play football. Give me Steve Smith over T.O. any day.

This is turning out to be one f**ked up[/b] season.

• Good. T.O. has officially played his last game for the Eagles... Reid just gave a statement at his press conference. Now maybe the team can move on and start winning some games again.