the real NFL season has arrived...

2»

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Good. T.O. has officially played his last game for the Eagles... Reid just gave a statement at his press conference. Now maybe the team can move on and start winning some games again.

Noyce. "Peace, bruh."

What a d*ck.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    phil, yalls pass protection is on point
    i think we only had one sack last night... and our run d is pretty serious
    besides last game against the giants which tiki torched us, we been holdin fools.
    in only 2 games have we allowed over 100... and that was barber in ny and bell in denver. i know we have had some big runs put on us, but noone has totally dominated us on the ground... except for ny last week.

anyways i dont see the eagles out. mcnabb is the #1 qb stat wise in the league. he aint a bum. im not a fan of philly. technically we are mortal enemies but whatever. i dont see them missing the playoffs. i think now they can regroup and make somethin happen with the rest of their season. im rootin for philly next week since i hate the cowboys even more. giants can catch the L too

easy

• anyways i dont see the eagles out. mcnabb is the #1 qb stat wise in the league. he aint a bum.

He's not... but after seeing him play his whole career, it's painful to see him still making dumb rookie mistakes. An interception here or there I can deal with, but poor clock management and just basic simple schitt that he sometimes struggles with... hard to deal with. I know he'll probably look good for the next 5 games or so, but I'm tired of the inconsistency. When he looks good he looks good, but when dude looks bad... whew, it's definitely

BTW, McNabb's stats are so high because the Eagles have been passing all the time. I haven't checked this week, but I doubt he's leading the league in passer rating or completion percentage.
    Good luck to the Skins, they are looking a lot better than I thought they would. So you're saying it's be the Skins AND the Eagles coming out of the east? No Giants or Cowboys? I think the Giants might be the real thing. There's gonna be a lot of competition for the 2 wild card spots... the NFC west is loaded with contenders, too.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    man honestly i cant call it at this point on the playoff scene for this division
    giants are the real deal... boys are lookin tough. id like to get another win on them when we play them at home
    as much as i hate to say it, i aint countin philly out. i think now they have the chance to focus on winning games and put behind them all the minnie mouse antics that have been plaguing them this season.
    mcnabb is still the #1 qb stat-wise in the league. and yes i do realize that 65%+ of their play calling was pass plays.
    and about clock management and rookie mistakes... ill say this. i was nervous on philly's last drive. i mentioned that. they went 71 yards in 51 seconds if im correct.
    what mcnabb did at the end of the half was pretty heads up in my opinion. too bad not too many folks on the team knew what was going on. no timeouts didnt help either. that is one of those heads up plays that can result in a touchdown. ive seen favre pull that move a few times in his career. too bad mcnabb got mauled disgustingly because his line didnt realize he didnt spike the ball.

anyways
    ill holla tomorrow on thoughts of tonight's game
    how is the weather out there? i dont know if indy can handle that cold, windy temp

• what mcnabb did at the end of the half was pretty heads up in my opinion. too bad not too many folks on the team knew what was going on. no timeouts didnt help either. that is one of those heads up plays that can result in a touchdown. ive seen favre pull that move a few times in his career. too bad mcnabb got mauled disgustingly because his line didnt realize he didnt spike the ball.

That was a TERRIBLE play by McNabb!!! He just made that up by himself without the rest of the team knowing what he was doing! Whenever you've seen QB's do the fake spike in the past, like Marino and others, it was a called play that everybody on the team knew was coming (except for when Favre tried it a couple of weeks ago... that was even worse than Donovan's attempt at it). Think about it- there's no way you can catch the other team by surprise if your receivers don't know what's going on. Once they realize it, the defense is gonna realize it too and your element of surprise is out the window. Basically, it cost the Eagles 3 points, which luckily for him had no bearing on the outcome of the game. But still, a bad decision by somebody who's suppossed to be a veteran quarterback.

• parenparen 537 Posts

how is the weather out there? i dont know if indy can handle that cold, windy temp

weather's fine...

colts by 10.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

weather's fine...

colts lose[/b] by 10.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    what mcnabb did at the end of the half was pretty heads up in my opinion. too bad not too many folks on the team knew what was going on. no timeouts didnt help either. that is one of those heads up plays that can result in a touchdown. ive seen favre pull that move a few times in his career. too bad mcnabb got mauled disgustingly because his line didnt realize he didnt spike the ball.

That was a TERRIBLE play by McNabb!!! He just made that up by himself without the rest of the team knowing what he was doing! Whenever you've seen QB's do the fake spike in the past, like Marino and others, it was a called play that everybody on the team knew was coming (except for when Favre tried it a couple of weeks ago... that was even worse than Donovan's attempt at it). Think about it- there's no way you can catch the other team by surprise if your receivers don't know what's going on. Once they realize it, the defense is gonna realize it too and your element of surprise is out the window. Basically, it cost the Eagles 3 points, which luckily for him had no bearing on the outcome of the game. But still, a bad decision by somebody who's suppossed to be a veteran quarterback.

Yeah, I agree. The fake spike is brilliant when everybody on the team knows to run it. McNabb tried to get too cute too late, and it cost them 3. Also, he's lucky he didn't get drilled harder than he did.

• I'll cut McNabb a little slack... he explained today that Greg Lewis was lined up near the sideline all alone with nobody covering him and it looked like it would be an easy touchdown. So he made the snap decision to throw it to him real quick, and worse come to worse Lewis would've been able to just run out of bounds if he couldn't get into the end zone and they'd still have time for the FG. What happened was just as he snapped the ball and got ready to make the pass, one of the Skins ran over to cover Lewis and he hesitated. Then the unblocked rusher was on him too fast to do anything but take the sack. So I guess in that situation I'm not gonna blame him too much for trying to be aggressive, but I still think you don't do that unless at least Lewis knows what's going on.

• parenparen 537 Posts

weather's fine...

colts win[/b] by 10.

manning & co. look good in the third.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

weather's fine...

colts win[/b] by 10.

manning & co. look good in the third.

Pats got

Onside kick was

Fact that Colts didn't punt once until there were less than 2 minutes in the game:

Pats D had NO answers for Colts O

Sadly enough, at 4-4, the Pats are still first in the division.

For the next 6 days, me 'n' Ed Powers are enemies...squish tha fish!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

[color:white] GODDAMN !!!....GUS FUCKIN' FREROTTE.....we had that fuckin game !!!! GOD PLEASE SEND US A QB NEXT YEAR ....SHIT!!!!!!![/color]

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    i can only comment minimally on last night's game since i fell asleep about 5 minutes into the 2nd quarter... passed out cold
    colts first drive basically set the tempo for the game and pats knew it. the word shootout was used quite a bit by the announcers and i think pats realized they werent going to keep up playin safe
    they got worked over
    i called colts by 7... who wouldve thunk
    my boy told me at the beginning of the season colts are going all the way. id like to see who can stop them.