Hey, you know what man? Fuck Arons.

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    He makes a big deal about it, plays 30 seconds of it and then switches it back to whatever he was listening to before.
    Stereotypical snobby record clerk. I never understood that shit at all.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    go to orange hill for the superior smoke...

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    I'll be down there in January to buy a collection. Watch out now!

K.

mek sure tu link up the "I"

go to orange hill for the superior smoke...

So it's been said.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    about 2 hours ago I did the hollywood LA typical record dig (Arons & Amoeba) and walked out with nothing, but part of that reason was I got to listen to records at the Arons listeneing station. I don't think its a case of them being dicks its a case of them being (under)staffed at certain times.

But I hit a smaller type shop and pulled some nice heat so I'm happy

Sealed Norman Connors "Mr C"? 1.99

Sealed Madagascar? .99

Al Hirt "Soul in the Horn"? .49

So LA doesnt totally suck

• manny aron would roll over in his grave. that place stinks like some took dump in the ronald isley section. i bought a papa john creach record for 99 cents. it was mad suspect. the only record store i go to in LA is called my storage locker. its dope.

later.

ap

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

But I hit smaller type shop and pulled some nice heat so I'm happy

Dude how do you have time to dig with your insane schedule? Seriously, that boggles my mind. I guess there is a plus to having shops open late in LA.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    What's the deal with Record Recycler, Record Surplus, House of Records, etc out there? Are those guys still around? And I heard about mad spots out in the suburbs like Long Beach and Inland Empire...

we have never heard of any of those stores and have no idea what your talking about....Los Angeles is dry...Long Beach and Inland Empire are make believe cities..they do not exist

• what i usually do is stick my arm up my ass and pull out copies of damn sam the maricle man and la will make you pay. its fantastic.

what i usually do is stick my arm up my ass and pull out copies of damn sam the maricle man and la will make you pay. its fantastic.

Radd, can I get a DAMN SAM off you then, mayne? I'll pass on the LA Making Me Pay, though.

• you know what dude? damn sam is lame too. i dont want to listen to some sly stone wanna be groweling so hard that is sounds like hes taking a crap. spare me that shit.

you know what dude? damn sam is lame too. i dont want to listen to some sly stone wanna be groweling so hard that is sounds like hes taking a crap. spare me that shit.

I know but I could use one, saying.

• use one to do what with? dance around naked and pretend you are a brother man? that record sucks dude. if you want to funk listen the general kane or some shit. james brown rips that guy a new one.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    welcome back, anthony!

use one to do what with? dance around naked

, you've already said too much

fear not, afterwards I put on a MFranks jam for my cool down routine

William Burchette for the stretching

Al Hirt "Soul in the Horn"? .49

Nice find.

• thanks dude. i might just have to vanish again. i got real world moves tying my ass to the grindstone. right now among other things i am working on a new self help book for severely constipated people. its called " how to take a shit in 30 days or less ".

• real talk.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    real talk.

thanks dude. i might just have to vanish again. i got real world moves tying my ass to the grindstone. right now among other things i am working on a new self help book for severely constipated people. its called " how to take a shit in 30 days or less ".

tepid

i hung out with Stef once....nice girl

REAL TALK

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

they wold beat the shit out of Jade in a fight

they wold beat the shit out of Jade in a fight

she beat the shit out of me bowling

• Arons sucks. Parking Lot sales are dope to take the CDs and flip them to Amoeba later on. I don't think L.A is wack though. I only go to a few stores/thrifts and it makes me happy. I think you guys expect to be finding raers all over for cheap or something cuz L.A is the way........except for Arons. I don't get why they don't just move the station by the door that's where all the workers are at anyways.

N.Y. is overpriced on shit so I hear.

N.Y. is great for trades/credit, so I experienced.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    ny is great for trades...gotta love TSL. i've been treated so nice over the years.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    the only record store i go to in LA is called my storage locker. its dope.

later.

ap

that would be such an ill store. Im guessing by now that you would rather just stick with private sales, cause you could definitely bless l.a. with an ill spot!

I don't think its a case of them being dicks its a case of them being (under)staffed at certain times.

you must of missed the part where i said their "staff" was too busy out digging around, putting shit in his hold pile, and listening to shit himself to let me check out a couple records.
    '

And the store wasnt going to be closing for like 2 and a half hours.

I don't think its a case of them being dicks its a case of them being (under)staffed at certain times.

you must of missed the part where i said their "staff" was too busy out digging around, putting shit in his hold pile, and listening to shit himself to let me check out a couple records.
    '

And the store wasnt going to be closing for like 2 and a half hours.

I know you have a soft spot for those underground goobers though guzzo. So i wont press you on it. haha.

...that or you ended up hollering at that girl who works there.