Approaching hurricane (Northeastern corridor-related)

Comments

• Mandatory evac for the beach side of town just came over the wire.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    8:30 am flight to SF. Anyone wanna guess my chances?

Feelin pretty bad about leaving the lady behind to brave the apocalypse on her own...

• ammo.. check.. raincoat.. check.. yeah i'm all set

• PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT

-- S. TRACKANOMIX

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    ^^^^ so ill

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    Herm said:

Whoa please explain! Where/when/how?

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Deegreez said:
    Herm said:

It's being spread around as Puerto Rico after hurricane Irene, but I'm pretty sure I saw that photo last year.

I think it was Australia.

• STORM_TRAKKER said:
    PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT

-- S. TRACKANOMIX

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Deegreez said:
    Herm said:

Quite obviously.
    Sloppy job, there's a noticeable hue change if you look at the color of the water in the aura of the shark.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Just bought beer, tequila, gummi bears and Pepperidge Farm cookies. TIME TO MAKE A BABY NAMED IRENE!

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    place i am supposed to dj at in nolita tomorrow is actually going to be open... they were nice enough to give me the option of staying home, which i will take them up on... i can't imagine finding a cab at 5am tomorrow night will be easy...

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    p_gunn said:
    place i am supposed to dj at in nolita tomorrow is actually going to be open... they were nice enough to give me the option of staying home, which i will take them up on... i can't imagine finding a cab at 5am tomorrow night will be easy...
    Yeah, I was supposed to play macao tomorrow night but i huricancelled. its in a tribeca basement! no thanks.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Herm said:

he's such a retard... good payday, i guess...

on that note, it seemed like there were tons of people out tonight, lots of kids all fucked up and running around... broken bottles and sirens... people did not seem shook about this storm... maybe their parents are...

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Fascinating but scary:

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    So yesterday they already brought it down to a category 2, now it's a 1, by the time this "historic" hurricane is up in NY it'll carry the punch of a wet fart. Meanwhile even the European news media is buying into the armageddon hype... historic hurricane hysteria hyperbole humbug... you can make more wind just by calling it what it is.

• Frank, all your posts do not need to live up to the hardness shown by your dog/AK/portable/drink pic from the African days. Just saying...

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Everyone,

I'm hoping our southeastern 'Strutters are doing OK in the midst of Hurricane Irene. I just want you to know that my thoughts and prayers go out to you, as well as those in the mid-Atlantic and Northeast, as we brace for Irene's impact. The 'Strut is a wonderful community made great by the presence of all of you. That said, I wish nothing but peace, prosperity, and good health to all who comprise this place. Be safe, folks!!!

By the way, here is a song I'm feelin' right now. It's my small attempt to bring light to a rather dismal day (though the song is a bit hauntingly sad).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Big_Stacks said:
    Hey Everyone,

I'm hoping our southeastern 'Strutters are doing OK in the midst of Hurricane Irene. I just want you to know that my thoughts and prayers go out to you, as well as those in the mid-Atlantic and Northeast, as we brace for Irene's impact. The 'Strut is a wonderful community made great by the presence of all of you. That said, I wish nothing but peace, prosperity, and good health to all who comprise this place. Be safe, folks!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Stay safe Stacks.

I just drove through Pt. Pleasant Beach and everything is boarded up. Kind creepy.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    funky16corners said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    Hey Everyone,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Stay safe Stacks.

I just drove through Pt. Pleasant Beach and everything is boarded up. Kind creepy.

Thanks, F16, and you do the same, man. I hope you and your family are safe and secure. I thought of you guys today, and wanted to call you today to check in on you, but I don't have your number. If you can, please send it to my on the PMs. I'm concerned about folks I know on the NJ coast.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Frank said:
    So yesterday they already brought it down to a category 2, now it's a 1, by the time this "historic" hurricane is up in NY it'll carry the punch of a wet fart. Meanwhile even the European news media is buying into the armageddon hype... historic hurricane hysteria hyperbole humbug... you can make more wind just by calling it what it is.

i with u

• This hurricane has me bored... Get here, and be gone, Irene.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    gareth said:
    This hurricane has me bored... Get here, and be gone, Irene.

Come On Irene

b/w

Over cautious Katrina blow back moves

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    VA Beach getting pummeled. Be safe, y'all!

• Rockadelic said:

In Bloomberg's case, I blame this more on the blizzard over Christmas. He got a lot of heat for that, rightly, and is not trying to go through that again (let alone a Katrina-like situation).

For what it's worth, there are a lot of people out in the sticks - Far Rock, Coney, towns on the south shore, etc - with no means to get anyway prepared and who WILL get the brunt of this storm, as others who are high and dry wonder what all the fuss is about.

The city doesn't end where the hipsters and yuppies stop colonizing...

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Rockadelic said:

In Bloomberg's case, I blame this more on the blizzard over Christmas. He got a lot of heat for that, rightly, and is not trying to go through that again (let alone a Katrina-like situation).

Yeah, I can see that......during his news conference I was distracted by the Dana Carvey looking dude behind his right shoulder.

• One of Bloomberg's assistants needs to get real with him and tell him that he should not attempt to speak Spanish. Ever. And especially not on TV. So painful.

• we just lost power for 3 hours and the storm didnt even really hit yet. i went into overdrive, trying to ssecure shit, make my flight bag, locate candles, fill water containers. my cat took a shit on the floor for the first time ever. if i had a shotgun, id be sitting at the window in a rocking chair.

for real though...looks like ten hours from dawn to dusk tomorrow. no power=no soulstrut. im not sure weather to go hang wth friends or watch over the house