Guide to the New Strut

Comments

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I like the new layout. Haven't got time to trawl through all the sections today, but so far it's two thumbs up from me.
    I think I'll get used to the new format quickly. Wasn't SS radio supposed to be integrated into the site?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Am I the only one who can't find PMs?

Don't sweat it. They made you a custom Avatar

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    RAJ said:
    sweatshop said:
    Soul strut mobile? Is that set up yet? I am on my iPhone.

I will be working on an App this summer.

sick

• Great job on the new site Raj! Dope dope dope.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    So when you post something in the "classifieds" is there a way to reply to it or bump it? Or it's just a one-shot thing now?

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Looks great Raj, congrats.

2 things I miss: knowing which page of the thread you're on without scrolling to the bottom, and "jump to first unread poast". Maybe these are somewhere and I'm just missing them?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    hammertime said:
    So when you post something in the "classifieds" is there a way to reply to it or bump it? Or it's just a one-shot thing now?

Once you edit a listing, it bumps.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    I really like the new look of the site, Raj. I noticed adding stores to the city guide is a bit cumbersome, but I doubt that's something that can be changed. All in all, dope!

The jump to the latest reply feature is working now.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Nice work Raj,
    you being ahead of schedule tripped me out.

and now, back to your day job...

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    can you make the "Notify me via email when someone posts in this thread" option in the reply screen unchecked by default??

holmes said:
    can you make the "Notify me via email when someone posts in this thread" option in the reply screen unchecked by default??

This is annoying I know. You must go to the Profile dropdown in the upper right > Edit Profile > Email Settings

Uncheck "Notify is someone responds" check box.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    is there a character/word minimum on post content?

• Really like the new look. Major props to Raj, all this work
    so we can dick around here. Amazing.

• Damn nice job on the new site Raj!

• RAJ said:
    ParkdaleFunk said:
    Great new site!

But can I not post a pic in the announcement section?

Works now.

I don't see it when I create a new topic in the announcement section. I just noticed replying to this that I have a
    [img] option...but not in announcements...

• God, it looks like i have to be the first to complain. Sorry. :(

Maybe it's because I'm Explorer 8. But the site is super slow. It just gets stuck for a minute or two and says downloading avatars 9 remaining etc.. in the bottom left. Is there anyway to make it faster or am i just screwed now cause i have to use Explorer? So far this is the only site i've had this problem on. I've tried the site all day and it's been slow everytime. :( This is one of my favorite sites. I hope i'll still be able to view it.

Anyone on explorer having any luck with the site?

FunkyFlatulent said:
    God, it looks like i have to be the first to complain. Sorry. :(

Maybe it's because I'm Explorer 8. But the site is super slow. It just gets stuck for a minute or two and says downloading avatars 9 remaining etc.. in the bottom left. Is there anyway to make it faster or am i just screwed now cause i have to use Explorer? So far this is the only site i've had this problem on. I've tried the site all day and it's been slow everytime. :( This is one of my favorite sites. I hope i'll still be able to view it.

Anyone on explorer having any luck with the site?

The board is a bit slow right now, I agree. I'm working on optimizing it... including having a skin that will be really light weight and lo-fi. So, hang in there.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Looks cool. I look forward to checking out all the new stuff.

• SpacechoSpacecho 176 Posts
    :killin_it: Great stuff!

I even started a new login to celebrate! Post count shmost count.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    damn....looks so...clean.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    It took me a sec to get used to the new site format, but it's pretty user friendly. Great job Raj and this is on some next-ish!!!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    In general really enjoying getting to grips with this so thanks again Raj.

One issue I have is that I don't seem to be able to disable avatars despite me unchecking the radio button in the options. Is it possible to get this fixed as, as delightful as they are, Sheep's boobies are not an ideal image to pop up on the screen in my open office.

Thanks.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    The beautiful new site is pretty slow for me over here in London. 10-15 second page transitions, 10 seconds for links to be be clickable. Any other UK folks getting this or just me?

Flomotion said:
    The beautiful new site is pretty slow for me over here in London. 10-15 second page transitions, 10 seconds for links to be be clickable. Any other UK folks getting this or just me?

The forums are the biggest culprit... the rest of the site is not so bad. I'm working on optimizing things so pages will load faster... including a barebones forum skin that you can choose...

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Hey Raj - I figured it was teething problems but thanks for the confirmation. Love the new look and feel though - well done, mate.

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    New site looks GREAT! def. needs some time to get into it with all the new features, but this will be huge in the future.
    only problem i have is the site is pretty slow now, needs almost half a minute to load, but it??s better then yesterday allready, yesterday i couldn??t even post.....
    anyway, many thanks and appreciation to RAJ and the whole SS team!!!
    :next_level:

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    Please bring back "Desert" color scheme, and I'll be all set forever. please. otherwise, looks great

yes

and Jungle/Safari/Wild whatever

White is boring.........

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    I am diggin the new design, Raj.

I havn't tried it on any mobile devices yet though. Did you scale it down for them or is it the same? Interested to see how it looks on iPhone/iPad.

Also, I forget the graemlins...helped to have a list. I am sure you kept it here someplace, but I can't seem to find it...

-pj

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    RAJ said:
    hammertime said:

Once you edit a listing, it bumps.

OK well I did that and it didn't budge...maybe there are just that many stickies??

Anyway overall I love the new look, well done and thanks for all the hard work!