Cock sauce appreciation

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
I've been tearing this up lately putting it on everything and I'm ready to expand my horizons. Plaese to recommend me some hot and saucy raer. THIS IS THE OFFICIAL HOT SAUCE THREAD OF '08LETS GET IT

Comments

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    The two guns in my holster:

• can we dispense early on in this thread with the requisite Tapatio vs. Cholula debate?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    wrrrrrrrrdup. I'm looking for some shit tho. I'm ready to step my game up and start getting into some private press hot sauces. I want to get in ahead of the trend before everyone is flossing their weekend sauce finds. The problem is there's a million different kinds. I know we've got some culinary snobs in here to go along with our music and cinema one's (Aser is the trifecta so hes '86d from this thread).
    I'm not looking to fry my brain just something around the same scoville level.

KNOWLEDGE MEEEEEEEE

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    that and sriracha top 2

• this has been tearing my ass up lately.

Mwud Bwutt.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

This is my all time fav hot sauce. A Vietnamese girlfriend got me hooked on this in college. Started with this at the pho shops. I will put this on damn near everything! Hot dogs, Pizza, pasta, soup, whatever. This is the single best general all purpose hot sauce evar.

And this is the best Herm picture evar! LOL. Herm was stylin' on those bamas in high school!!!!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Yo Day, you get a MEGA AYO for posting a thread titled "Cock sauce appreciation."

"Yo Day, I'm sayin' son cock sauce appreciation? NO HOMO dun!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    YOU CLICKED ON IT FOOLIO!

For real you speaketh the truth. I throw that shit on everything
    Pizza, teriyaki/rice bowls, sandwiches, ice cream, WHATEVER. It's the God Sauce dun.

• Love "roster sauce"

Every time the chopsticks hit the pho, I've got a shit load of sauce on each bite. Like that shit on shrimp spring rolls too.

• this stuff is great on broccoli. try it.

• cock sauce, dick snot...just different names, right day?!

shiracha is good

theres so many decent local hotsauces everywhere.

on the national tip
    cant go wrong wiht:

best avoid this crap:

• can we dispense early on in this thread with the requisite Tapatio vs. Cholula debate?

• along w/

• the costa rican joint is pretty damn good
    not too hot, but nice flavr

• just kidding!!!

rooster sauce: just used some tonight to fix some bland-ish veggie chili.

theres a sweet/spicy sorta dark cajun sauce i like but i forget the brand name. good to dash on stuff. sort of a weird a-1 with tons more flava. blanking out right now.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I will admit to being a certified hot sauce junkie. I definitely went through a period where Sriracha was constantly on call.After that I moved onto Sambal, which is more like chili paste than sauce, but just as delicious.

I am currently rocking about a bottle a month of this tasty stuff:

Also have a special place in my heart for

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    can we dispense early on in this thread with the requisite Tapatio vs. Cholula debate?

I don't have any tattoos, but I always thought the Cholula girl would make a good one.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I will admit to being a certified hot sauce junkie. I definitely went through a period where Sriracha was constantly on call.After that I moved onto Sambal, which is more like chili paste than sauce, but just as delicious.

I am currently rocking about a bottle a month of this tasty stuff:

Also have a special place in my heart for

Yes! Now we're getting somewhere. I'm gonna have to make a list of all these and get buck.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

that and sriracha top 2

This is a good recommendation for you, Day. I haven't tried this sauce specifically, but Scotch Bonnet peppers have a really distinct flavor that compliments a wide variety of foods. These sauces will be spicier than sriracha, but they won't typically be overpowering.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Best believe I'm taking notes. I've just about kilt my last bottle of Sriracha and I'm ready to try something new. I know Archaic has some crazy gumbocrawfishjambalaya hot sauce recipe handed down from his best friends brothers mothers mother that will shut this whole thread down.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    cock sauce, dick snot...just different names, right day?!

shiracha is good

theres so many decent local hotsauces everywhere.

on the national tip
    cant go wrong wiht:

best avoid this crap:

tabasco pwns all.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

tabasco pwns all.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaail no! You must experience the cock to truly understand.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Perfect with Pho, rice dishes...shoot now I'm fiending for chicken teriyaki...thanks guys

• Sriracha gets appreciated all day. Especially for the home made spring rolls ive been fuckin with lately. And also, i roll out for tiger sauce and sweet n spicy tabasco. Who fux with those?

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

Perfect with Pho, rice dishes...shoot now I'm fiending for chicken teriyaki...thanks guys

this thread is making me hungry...

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    you guys should really consider making your own

homemade aji(peru) and Madagascarian pepper mix are great for the following reasons

they add freshness(aji) to your meal instead of the sometimes dryness of the sauces

they incorporate other healthy elements such as ginger and they are just so damn good

plus they can be used (madagascarian) as oil basis to start of a meal on the spicy tip

my father makes the best madagascar pepper mix so Ive never had to do it but you can simply experiment

green-yellow-red hot peppers (try to find a hot pepper farm in your area) of your choice
    ginger
    garlic
    slight frenchoignon
    olive oil
    BLENDER

think of it as a Hot pepper-pesto

keep it in a mason jar in the fridge

aji is real simple

finely diced tomatoes,oignons,garlic,tpeppers,herbs of your choice
    drenched in olive oil...spoonful over your meal
    think of it as an oily pepper salad side

also plain dry hot peppers in a bottle with olive oil wait a week...= best pizza condiment ever

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

not a hot sauce, but tasty, and dude has a song for it that needs a Rub'n'Tug remix

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

that and sriracha top 2

This is a good recommendation for you, Day. I haven't tried this sauce specifically, but Scotch Bonnet peppers have a really distinct flavor that compliments a wide variety of foods. These sauces will be spicier than sriracha, but they won't typically be overpowering.

he speaks the truth...I have two liter bottles of this stuff at work. It's no joke!

• Perfect with Pho, rice dishes...shoot now I'm fiending for chicken teriyaki...thanks guys

love this shit. a mexicali grill in my area makes a burrito called the s turn: coconut and sesame encrusted tilapia, black beans, mixed cheese, pineapples, and this magic hot sauce. pretty damn sweet.