Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    speaking of monsters destroying NYC...

I read that a Watchmen movie is forthcoming

that could be really bad

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

I started re-reading this (thanks HAZ!) last night to prepare for the film. Will there be a Carrie/Girl Wonder in the movie?

I started re-reading this (thanks HAZ!) last night to prepare for the film. Will there be a Carrie/CatGirl in the movie?

I hope not.

They need to concentrate on Batman and not waste any story space on his sidekicks until much later.

Besides this is really Batman Year One were seein on screen w/ flourishes of the Dark Knight for feel.

Besides this is really Batman Year One were seein on screen w/ flourishes of the Dark Knight for feel.

Ahhh!

Soooooo, do you think Christian Bale is hot?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

i watched that movie last night (thanks google video) and nearly fell out of my chair when i saw that billboard.

has any geek like me zoomed in to see what is written on th eposter?

i can only imagine the meeting that led to decision to put that in

"this will really give the intergeeks something to talk about"

My anticipation for the new Batman movie has me giddy like a schoolgirl,

i have been reading and rereading my killing joke and Dark Knight Returns in anticipation for this movie.

i can honestly say i am really Frickin' excited and will be there as soon as it opens.

EDIT: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/01/08/batman_superman_movie/

Amercian Psycho and Equilibruim are in DVD rotation a couple of time a year.

If I went to the club w/ Bale I know he wouldnt hamper my chances to talk to the ladies.

In any case. Wasn't the Cloverfield monster already revealed in another thread?

Amercian Psycho

So good!

Don't ever watch Laurel Canyon, he will turn into a simpering pile of vanilla shake in less than two hours before your eyes without the help of any special effects.

vanilla shake in less than two hours without the help of any special effects.

Someone really likes it.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/01/16/first-reaction-to-cloverfield-they-have-created-a-classic/

I hope it's even half as good as he's making it out to be.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Someone really likes it.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/01/16/first-reaction-to-cloverfield-they-have-created-a-classic/

This guy invokes "300" as a point of comparison and non-ironically. I'm not trusting the opinion.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    todays cheese is the next generations cult classics

---

• Someone really likes it.

This guy invokes "300" as a point of comparison and non-ironically. I'm not trusting the opinion.

"There are numerous suspenseful action scenes that ramp up the intensity in Cloverfield."

gee whiz!

I can't believe someone pays this guy to construct sentences such as that one.

Someone really likes it.

Yeah. But to be totally honest. There wasn't really much for great action movies last year.

todays cheese is the next generations cult classics

---

Oh, no doubt. But I'm just suggesting, "it's as exciting as "300"!!!" is not a big selling point. I'd see "Cloverfield" on the strength of J.J. Abrams alone though.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    If you're in it for the big creature action (like a good deal of our audience last night) you'll get some really nice stuff, but know going in that you only get about 3 ?? minutes of the big creature and another 2 or 3 minutes of the smaller ones.

LOL.. 75 minutes of boring shaky camera and 6 minutes of CG. I'll pass.

- spidey

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

If you're in it for the big creature action (like a good deal of our audience last night) you'll get some really nice stuff, but know going in that you only get about 3 ?? minutes of the big creature and another 2 or 3 minutes of the smaller ones.

- spidey

Oof - that's the kind of spoiler no one wants to hear.

Gimme giant, ugly bugs, all the time!

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

• Gimme giant, ugly bugs, all the time!

I hope you're not clowning this movie.

I hope you're not clowning this movie.

Never that son.

This movie can be both:

One of the (unintentionally) funniest, over the top flicks this side of "Con-Air"

AND

A subtly masterful critique of fascism cloaked inside a giant bug invasion film (the same, alas, cannot really be said of "Con-Air")

This movie would be golden enough if only to see Neil Patrick Harris - SS-ed out no less - mind-melding with a giant, genius slug.

• seeing the chick from 90210 get nekkid in the co-ed showers at the beginning was also a nice touch.

seriously though that scene when the troopers all first encounter the aliens upon landing is second only to the Private Ryan opener.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

Amercian Psycho

So good!

Don't ever watch Laurel Canyon, he will turn into a simpering pile of vanilla shake in less than two hours before your eyes without the help of any special effects.

Oye god....I grew up in Laurel Canyon and was more than a wee bit bummed when that came out as the first movie to showcase the "scene." Garbage.

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

• Anyone else feel an eerie similarity to..

Oh, I don't know...

maybe the mother Frickin' Blair Witch Project?
    Then again, it is in color.

JOSH.........

JOSH................

"PLEASE TELL ME YOU HAVE THE MAP!!!"

go see it if you are bored (and can handle 90 minutes of handy-cam).

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I have very low expectations for this movie, but I'm going to see it anyway.

I think, no - I KNOW the viral marketing will be better than the movie itself. I still want to see the monster though.

(cue Batmon/Starbucks jokes)