Busch beer appreciation

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
going from sports medicine professional to business owner to record store employee means that the wallet isnt as thick as it once was. A fella needs to cut corners, and this has been the most pleasant surprise in my budget cutting:fuck a PBR and a Miller...this shit tastes good,its smooth and only costs 10 bucks for an 18 pack. Definitely one of the finer cheap beers.

Comments

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    fuck a PBR

i love that shit, nickel beers baby.

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts

• I still like:

the best. But its a purely sentimental exercise.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    With all due respect, cheap mega-corporate pisswater is beneath me.

No. No unflavorful beers in NC.

• going from sports medicine professional to business owner to record store employee means that the wallet isnt as thick as it once was. A fella needs to cut corners, and this has been the most pleasant surprise in my budget cutting:

fuck a PBR and a Miller...this shit tastes good,its smooth and only costs 10 bucks for an 18 pack. Definitely one of the finer cheap beers.

Brew City Light is a decent really cheap beer. My wife's Granny pounds that shit harm.

• With all due respect, cheap mega-corporate pisswater is beneath me.

No. No unflavorful beers in NC.

My current favs are Rogue Dead Guy and Stone's Gargoyle IPA. They both are worth the 35+ price of admission.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts

Two Wayne's World references in one thread? Unreal.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    the real deal

• Man, If you wanna get drunk off chep beer, just cop a 40. If you too "grow & sexy" to drink 40's anymore, than get Mickey's, the best tasting malt liquor, IMO

• autezautez 404 Posts
    used to drink the 99 cent bush tall can religiously in high school so i gotta post something in here

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Mickey's, the best tasting malt liquor, IMO

That was my roommate & mine's college junior year studying fuel - great stuff!

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    They've had Bush on sale here for $13.99 a 30 pack and I've been thinkin' about coppin'. Only thing is High Life is priced the same right now too. Is it beter than High Life? If so Why? Better taste? How's the alcohol content? A standard 4.2 or so?

Marco:

this shit really ain't to much higher on the tottem pole than "cheap mega-corporate pisswater" these days. The quality has def dropped since the 90's, b/4 it was available in evert cirlce k and quikie mart.

And the best 40 is:

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts

And the best 40 is:

"Olde English 800, yeah, that's my brand/drink it in a bottle, 40 ounce or can"

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Yall always going off about beer.

Im bout to make a whiskey thread. Anyone else here like whiskey!? Hell yeah, that shit is almost all I drink!

No Bougie whiskey either. Strictly...

or the personal fav.

3 cheers for BEAM!

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    a man after my own heart. though i put jack at #1 and jb at #2. sure, i'll have me a single malt 25 year scotch. but jack is like my comfort food. and i'll order that shit straight up. no ice, no nothing. just pure tennessee goodness.

though i must admit, ive cut back on drinking since i moved down here. i had a jack neat the other night and that shit fucked me up.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    That was my roommate & mine's college junior year studying fuel - great stuff!

Me too, but I didn't get much studying done drinking that shit!!

A friend of mine's trick was to put 2-3 shots of southern comfort into the mickeys grenades, shake it up, then chug it. The VERY short route to getting fucked up.

PS He had uhm, some bad experiences and is straight edge now, maybe that's saying something.

a man after my own heart. though i put jack at #1 and jb at #2. sure, i'll have me a single malt 25 year scotch. but jack is like my comfort food. and i'll order that shit straight up. no ice, no nothing. just pure tennessee goodness.

though i must admit, ive cut back on drinking since i moved down here. i had a jack neat the other night and that shit fucked me up.

no doubt. fuck mixing whiskey with shit. We should get a drink sometime.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

no doubt. fuck mixing whiskey with shit. We should get a drink sometime.

indeed.

which reminds me. allow me to shit on southern comfort. nastiest shit ever. what in the sam hell are them rednecks putting in that shit? tastes like nasty cough syrup. disgusting.

on the other hand, i had some of that knob creek whiskey the other day and i actually like it better than makers [but not better than jack]. also, j&b and most all them johnny walker's are crap too. walker's adds artificial wood taste to their shit and it tastes nasty.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    but what about yak (cognac)? everytime i drink with my peoples, they always tossin' back said drink (esp. henny). let's get a cognac appreciation thread going.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    but what about yak (cognac)? everytime i drink with my peoples, they always tossin' back said drink (esp. henny). let's get a cognac appreciation thread going.

DID SOMEBODY SAY YAK?????

DID SOMEBODY SAY YAK?????
    Yessir! Do you partake?

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

3 cheers for BEAM!

I'D TAP.

"Smoke a lil' weed but I luh da Remy."

REMY??!!!.... NEVATHATSON[/b] ...I'M A BIG DUDE

REALLY LIL DUDES[/b]

LIL DUDES[/b]

MEDIUM DUDES[/b]

BIG DUDES[/b]

REALLY BIG DUDES [/b]

• ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts
    Yeah, The Hook-Up appreciates his Busch...you guys should have seen him last night after a few Busch's and a "DRO-POP."

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    They've had Bush on sale here for $13.99 a 30 pack and I've been thinkin' about coppin'. Only thing is High Life is priced the same right now too. Is it beter than High Life? If so Why? Better taste? How's the alcohol content? A standard 4.2 or so?

the only beer worse than high life is miller lite.

miller lite is so bad it's ruined my night.

"Smoke a lil' weed but I luh da Remy."

REMY??!!!.... NEVATHATSON[/b] ...I'M A BIG DUDE

REALLY LIL DUDES[/b]

LIL DUDES[/b]

MEDIUM DUDES[/b]

BIG DUDES[/b]

REALLY BIG DUDES [/b]

yeah man. henny is the truth! about 4 years ago, i had drunk a pint of hen-roc for dolo. all in about an hour. now this was when i was about 10 pounds lighter and not a heavy drinker...that shit had me in the club wilding out something serious!! folls was approaching 2 days later talking bout "fam you wild!!" enjoy henny in reasonable amounts.

HIGH LIFE IS THE SHIT!!!! sometimes it gives you the shits, but IT'S THE SHIT

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

miller lite is so bad it's ruined my night.

at least Lite doesn't have the stale, flat yet sweet taste of HighLife. In fact it doesn't really taste like anything at all so I don't see how it could ruin a night. But, I'll still buy Keystone Light over both em tho so that should tell you the kinda coinoissuer you're dealin with here.