TNE NBA FINALS '07 - WHAT!!!

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Fuck the "We believe", "I've believed", "Believe in you", "I've witnessed", "Eye Witness 7" bullshit for a second.

"Guys, you don't need to be in a hurry. Don't try to win right away. We're here to unpack, and stay around for a while." Popavich is a genius. Please let the best team win this series....

The fuck was that nike/vitamin water knockoff choir bullshit?! corny as hell.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    10 of the 24 players in the Finals are not from the U.S.

• curtis jackson getting his unwrapped hidden beach flavor thang goin.

10 of the 24 players in the Finals are not from the U.S.

nice.

I see the tone of this Finals. Mike Fratello's biased ass commentary and other commentators talking about "Lebron James's is playing great defense!". NBA-related publications, media, Oprah, the corner store joe, and ESPY awards are all waiting for Lebron to win this...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    NBA-related publications, media, Oprah, the corner store joe, and ESPY awards are all waiting for Lebron to win this...

NBA-related publications, media, Oprah, the corner store joe, and ESPY awards are all waiting for Lebron to win this...

Spurs looked kinda assy that first half, though. Gotta knock the rust off, I guess.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    good defence in the first half
    too many offensive rebounds
    no lebron

cavs ha a chance and wee playing with spirit (gooden awakening..please huges pleasehughes) but this spelled disaster for them in the second half

they can learn from this game

i hope

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I can't decide what's worse....

Mike Fratello or the tease for Shaq's new show!!

So you must be one of 17 people in the continental US that buys a pair of Shaq shoes.

FLIP FLIP FLIP FLIP, GAMEOVA!

If Parker can keep his output up, he deserves an MVP.

b/w

again huh?

Lebron got nothing on Bowen. Parker is schooling Gibson like a 7th grader. The universe will be in order again, once the "boring-ass" Spurs sweep the Cavs. Deal.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    What do you have against Lebron James?

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Lebron got nothing on Bowen. Parker is schooling Gibson like a 7th grader. The universe will be in order again, once the "boring-ass" Spurs sweep the Cavs. Deal.

For a Lakers fan, I have to say that I really like your attitude a lot these days...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The Cavs were actually close for most of the game.
    Spurs TEAM defense shut shit down.
    I'm getting bored w/ LeBron's "let the game come to him" and jack up rescue mission 3 pointers in the fourth quarter, 'cause were only down by 10 bullshit. Why cant he mix it up.
    Start Boobie & Damon Jones.
    Adjustments will be made.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

So you must be one of 17 people in the continental US that buys a pair of Shaq shoes.

The only brand that will accomodate his obese feet.

There is a consistent threat that he will somehow show up Kobe.

Its too late for that. Its a wrap Lebron got to the Finals w/out a legit bigman.

• tbone47tbone47 16 Posts
    Imma have to play the instrumental of this when I spin on Friday http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gotta_make_it_happen_030909.html

hotness...haha

Its too late for that. Its a wrap Lebron got to the Finals w/out a legit bigman.

Not to take too much away from that accomplishment, but they are in the East.

I'm just saying: you'll recall that our own Basketball Scientist had thrown rationalism out the window and was beseeching the pagan Basketball Gods to humiliate Lebron in Game 6 of the Conference Finals following his Game 5 performance, in hopes that a loss would squash the "Lebron is the best" chatter.

Not to take too much away from that accomplishment, but they are in the East.

Yery true. The East was soft this year,but The EAST won last year. So that "West is stronger" is bullshit.

I'm just saying: you'll recall that our own Basketball Scientist had thrown rationalism out the window and was beseeching the pagan Basketball Gods to humiliate Lebron in Game 6 of the Conference Finals following his Game 5 performance, in hopes that a loss would squash the "Lebron is the best" chatter.

Haha. But Lebron still has a way to go. We'll see in the series.

The East was soft this year,but The EAST won last year. So that "West is stronger" is bullshit.

That is not persuasive reasoning to me.

Spurs, Dallas, Phoenix, Denver, Utah, Houston...

Detroit, Miami, Cavaliers, Bulls, ummm...

The East was soft this year,but The EAST won last year. So that "West is stronger" is bullshit.

Why dont you just include Golden State to that group cause only the Spurs have rings. The rest of them are 50+ win teams that dont amount to anything but ticket sales.

Why dont you just include Golden State to that group cause only the Spurs have rings. The rest of them are 50+ win teams that dont amount to anything but ticket sales.

Just because the Spurs are better than all of them (except maybe Dallas) does not mean that conference as a whole is not better than the East. I do not think that the Cavs would have made it to the finals if they had to play Dallas, Phoenix, San Antonio and maybe even Denver in the playoffs. The only championship contender that the Cavs had to beat was Detroit.

If it wasn't for the LA/SA domination of the last decade then the rest of the teams in the West could have gotten more shine.

Compare the regular season records of the West v. the East. Yeah yeah, regular season don't mean shit... but it is a good way of comparing the conferences when Eastern conference teams only have to beat one of the Western Conference teams in the playoffs instead of three.

Wait, am I really needing to argue that the Western conference is better than the East??

Just because the Spurs are better than all of them (except maybe Dallas) does not mean that conference as a whole is not better than the East. I do not think that the Cavs would have made it to the finals if they had to play Dallas, Phoenix, San Antonio and maybe even Denver in the playoffs. The only championship contender that the Cavs had to beat was Detroit.

If it wasn't for the LA/SA domination of the last decade then the rest of the teams in the West could have gotten more shine.

Compare the regular season records of the West v. the East. Yeah yeah, regular season don't mean shit... but it is a good way of comparing the conferences when Eastern conference teams only have to beat one of the Western Conference teams in the playoffs instead of three.

Wait, am I really needing to argue that the Western conference is better than the East??

Because MIAMI HEAT WON LAST YEAR.

Nothing. He's been the coolest cat on the block. But there's two reasons why I'm rooting for the Spurs (Lebron's team to lose):

1) So that we can pan out the real basketball fans from the microwave popcorn variety.

2) So that Kobe-haters don't have fodder for the next round of ignorant and incorrect comparisons.

I'm getting bored w/ LeBron's "let the game come to him" and jack up rescue mission 3 pointers in the fourth quarter

"Even though Lebron has gone 0-7. He's playing great defense!".

"Let the game come to him"

"One of the greatest playoff performances..."

The discerning fan has noted that there is still a loooooonggg way to go before "the King has arrived".

Nothing. He's been the coolest cat on the block. But there's two reasons why I'm rooting for the Spurs (Lebron's team to lose):

1) So that we can pan out the real basketball fans from the microwave popcorn variety.

I wholly support identifying--and even humiliating--these microwave popcorn basketball fans. I'm just wondering how a Spurs victory will help us do so.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

I wholly support identifying--and even humiliating--these microwave popcorn basketball fans. I'm just wondering how a Spurs victory will help us do so.

If you are not down with the Spurs, you are popcorn son! POPCORN!