TRADES

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    everyone i have traded with online has been straight.

Are you SURE about that?

HOMOPHOBE!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    last dude i traded with was morocco mole and his trades are on point YO.

TheMack talking like crink talking like TheMack... so many intertwined layers of authenticity and subterfuge for us to unpack right now.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

TheMack talking like crink talking like TheMack... so many intertwined layers of authenticity and subterfuge for us to unpack right now.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

Boggles the mind, no?... I mean, yo!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Yeah I hate the delayed gratification and endless hassles of getting records on ebay.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    i wish we had an ebay feedback system for struters and trading, most of the dudes on here i trust but when it comes to some dude that has only posted 3 times it makes me nervous, i have traded with 99problems, drew, nate, and had some dealings with ness and everything was great...

crink sent me a cd-r that gave me scabies

CO-SIGN!

But that ain't really no news is it.

• Once I sent Raj a DJ Quick picture disc with a giant booty on it and a stack of Leo Sayer posters and he sent me "Cash Play". Solid trade.

Other good mail trades with Meaty, D Castillo, Roisto, Cardova, and Marco.

Ness is like the patron saint of record trading.

Last trade with Ness went something like this:

"Dude, you need these?" (holding up Ian Carr's "Belladonna" and "Roots" LPs)

"Uh, Yeah!"

"Cool, just give a couple of good trades later."

You know how we do it.

Trading is sweet, much easier in person though. I've heard of many a Soulstrut beef (whether it made the board or just bubbled under in conversation or PMs) over ill trades. Personally I'd rather have good records than cash anyday.

Deep beats and deep crates,
    SonicReducer
    (TEAMAARON)

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

Personally I'd rather have good records than cash anyday.

cool... just send me that Jackie McLean on Adlib and I'll hit you up later w/ something cool Ness style. alright?

i know you don;t really want all that cash.

• Personally I'd rather have good records than cash anyday.

cool... just send me that Jackie McLean on Adlib and I'll hit you up later w/ something cool Ness style. alright?

i know you don;t really want all that cash.

Actually the winning bidder is send me 17 copies of "Spacey", a Shogun Assasin soundtrack, and 4 DJ Krush bootlegs in trade.

SONIC

except for one cat who i never received my records from

Do tell...

except for one cat who i never received my records from

Do tell...

He's the one who *isn't* straight....

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

"Dude, you need these?"

"Uh, Yeah!"

This technique does not always work smoothly.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

"Dude, you need these?"
    "Uh, Yeah!"

Ahem, Cough...'Spread Love'...

"Dude, you need these?"
    "Uh, Yeah!"

Jesus christ. Getting into the details of that would be very poor taste however tempting.

• I've heard of many a Soulstrut beef (whether it made the board or just bubbled under in conversation or PMs) over ill trades.

Jesus christ. Getting into the details of that would be very poor taste however tempting.

My point exactly.

Man, I've heard a bazillion pissed off stories about whack trades, ill condition, and bullshit offers - in person or through the mail. They're like Lunar Funk 45s, everybody's got one.

SONIC

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

I've heard of many a Soulstrut beef (whether it made the board or just bubbled under in conversation or PMs) over ill trades.

My point exactly.

Man, I've heard a bazillion pissed off stories about whack trades, ill condition, and bullshit offers - in person or through the mail. They're like Lunar Funk 45s, everybody's got one.

SONIC
    So true.

I do have a Lunar funk 45.

I've heard of many a Soulstrut beef (whether it made the board or just bubbled under in conversation or PMs) over ill trades.

My point exactly.

SONIC

There are also two side to every story, please remember that when referencing whatever BS you may have heard.

• There are also two side to every story, please remember that when referencing whatever BS you heard.

That's what I'm saying - if everybody here's got a trade beef story to tell, then chances are someone's got one on them.

I'd rather talk about the very solid trades I've had and hope to continue, making long lasting connections on Soulstrut with people who I can trade and trust.

We all get burnt, whether it is in trades, screwed up auctions, or at the buy counter at a record store. It's not a unique thing.

What is unique is that through Soulstrut I've been able to meet people who I can just send records to through the mail and an equal (or sometimes greater) value in records come back. Peace.

SONIC

What is unique is that through Soulstrut I've been able to meet people who I can just send records to through the mail and an equal (or sometimes greater) value in records come back. Peace.

yes, very well put.

Something else I forgot to say yesterday: I keep seeing Ness's name come up and just wanted to add that my experience has also been that that is one solid dude when it comes to the trades.

Something else I forgot to say yesterday: I keep seeing Ness's name come up and just wanted to add that my experience has also been that that is one solid dude when it comes to the trades.

Co-cheerlead.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Very True.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Ness is like the patron saint of record trading.

That's very true. Dude is very much dude. I actually think I might owe him something. Anyone got his email address? I think I lost it.

Athough I got to say I'm not really big into trades. I'm much more into buy/sell... well actually just buy/buy. I don't know if I owe anyone anything. Plaes to remind me.

Also, Aleit, I got that Earl Coleman 45 for you. Hit me up and I'll send it over to you, and then just hit me with something when you get it.

Jonny, Nate, I'll call you in a bit, probably around 2 PM est.

• Something else I forgot to say yesterday: I keep seeing Ness's name come up and just wanted to add that my experience has also been that that is one solid dude when it comes to the trades.

I hope that dude with the hanging "fat rat" trade hasn't been scrawled
    on your shit list yet...

(JP got the Quinn for the same record in similar gloss and he knows he burned me )

Personally, I want cash more than I want more records clogging up my hallway. Unless the record is something I been needing forever (see: Mr Flamboyant)

I hope that dude with the hanging "fat rat" trade hasn't been scrawled
    on your shit list yet...

He will soon be weeded out...

Nah, I'd forgotten about that entirely. Just hit me off with one of your mixes or something like that when you get around to it.

get a room, poptarts!

get a room, poptarts!

I don't recall authorizing you to use this word...

get a room, poptarts!

I don't recall authorizing you to use this word...

sorry. Please don't put me on "time out", like themack...

• I remember back in 97-98 when I first started trading on the internet, there was a message board called Watts Vinyl Seekers. In my first 5 trades, I got totally screwed twice! I sent the records and never heard from the other part again, or received the records. That really sucked.

At that point I decided NOT to get screwed again! So I made my own webpage, listing all my spares and all my wants. And most importantly, I made up my own trading rules, telling people not to bother e-mailing me, unless they could follow those rules.

I have done maybe 500 trades since then, all more or less successful
    Hell, almost half of my collection consists of records received from trades!

I'm still doing trades, but not as frequntly as I just to do.

That's my story

/Alex
    Hip-Hop's VINYL HEAVEN

• Just hit me off with one of your mixes or something like that when you get around to it.

I don't know, Dude. Waiting for one of his mixes could take a lot longer than you think.

(J*sh, get me a burn of that shit you were playin' in my car!)