Foot in the Mouth Moments

2»

Comments

• Remembered another one from my youth..

Was at a family fun day with some mates when I noticed a good looking girl in charge of the Kiddies Bouncy Castle.
    I said to my friend beside me " I'd pay a pound for a go on the bouncy castle with her"

Bloke standing next to us gave me the ice cold look and said "Really??..That's my daughter"
    Cue silence..

• Options
    I could fill a whole forum with these things.

A fringe player among a group that I used to chill with, I had known him for a few years at this point. He was laughing about something and I see his teeth, and notice something that i thought was new. "Yo, what the fuck, when did you get your teeth filed into fangs?" This was the mid-90's when silly actions like this were taking place in the circles we ran in. "Fangs? Nah man, thanks for noticing though." Dude had naturally pointy teeth in two spots, and I found out afterwards that it was something he was really self-conscious about.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    1:48:

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:
    Electrode said:
    A few years ago on my birthday, my dad took me to a local steakhouse. God bless him, but he's not very tactful or self-reliant. Also, he comes from the old-school; born and raised in the South. Anyhow, he pulls into the parking lot where a black man in a suit is standing on the painted curb outside of the place under the entrance awning, probably waiting for a friend, coworker or somebody. My dad pulls over, puts the car in park and gets out. I think you can predict how this went over....

Did the guy then proceed to steal your dad's car?

All he did was just vacantly look at him for a few seconds then shrugged his shoulders, like "what?!", when pops finally got the clue that not only was he not a valet, but there was no valet parking as evident by absence of something obvious, like a key rack. At which point he humbly about-faced, got back into the car with the motor still running and ended up parking in one of the handicap spaces anyway. Now about how he BS'ed his way into getting the handicap placard to do so is another story. I just found out that Larry David had a bit about something like this. Hilarious (...and as always, plenty of NAGLs in the comments section)

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I had one of these moments this weekend standing in line at Starbucks in the hotel where I was lodging. The lady behind me had what appeared to be a rather protruding midriff. I asked, "So, when's the big day?" She replied, assuming I was referring to the rather lovely wedding set on her finger, "Oh, I got married years ago." Thankfully, she didn't get the fact that I thought she was close giving birth. I just let it go, got my coffee, and rolled out. :oof: Great thread!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    jjfad027 said:
    My parents own a cabin in Tahoe. Some years ago there were some bad fires that took out a bunch of houses. My mom was at the cabin afterwards talking to a neighbor. She said, "Gee we're really lucky that the fires didn't burn our houses down." The neighbor said, "Actually our house burned to the ground. This is our other house." Ooof

#richpeoplegaffes

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    I read a story about Halloween night where a family were toasting marshmallows in the back and somebody noticed there was hella smoke blowing over from the front of the house.

They all ran around, thinking their house was on fire, but it turned out it was the family over the road whose house was ablaze. The family were safe and everyone was stood outside the burning house.

It was just the neighbours coming over to their burning house, holding marshmallows on forks, that drew attention...

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    oh shit. thats funny