Brian Mcknight wants to show the ladies something

2»

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Not that an artist's sexuality has any bearing on whether I like their music. Consenting adults can put it where they want. Shame the likes of George Michael and Ricky Martin had to be in the closet so long.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    yeah, there was that rumor that maxwell had a album that made explicit references to his sexuality and the record company shelved that ish. it was supposed to drop brfore blacksummer trilogy.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    It is fact that everyone over the age of 35 loves this song.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Well, without giving away the g/f's age (which would be enormously ungallant of me), I just played that clip and she pretty much swooned.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I cant fuck to Brain McKnight.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    phongone said:

I'm loving some of the trending YouTube comments on that video.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    brian mcknight vs...? who is in his punching weight when it comes to slow jams? (of his generation)

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    phongone said:

yes, folks love this song. it's not even his voice (that much), it's the sentiment, the production, everything else going on in concert with his voice.

SIRUS said:
    brian mcknight vs...? who is in his punching weight when it comes to slow jams? (of his generation)

Ooooo....Now we got a thread....ill be back after some google action.

my instinct says Joe but ill check

Brain McKnight comes out in 1992.

I remember i was chillin with a ladyfriend who couls sing herself and she was reppin the first joint hard.
    She said he must have been going through some real hard love shit because she heard some real Blues behind his steez.

Dude was like another soft ass cat who came out in recent times.....John Legend. Johnny Mathis steez amongst the nasty dudes.

Joe comes out with All The Things a year later and has kept his fanbase. He blows up 5 years later getting out of the long shadow of R.Kelly.

Brain came out during R.Kelly and Jodeci. Even the New Jack Swing dudes were still bubblin then.
    Aaron Hall Dont Be Afraid is '92. Soft ass Boys II Men is killin shit with The End Of The Road. Keith Sweat There You Go Tellin Me No Again from New Jack City was big on the Quiet Storm.
    Extra smooth was still in effect and alot of the harder acts went Wedding Song soft by the mid to late 90s, after McKnight.
    KC &Jojo; went there and crossed over with All My Life in '97.

So to answer your question......id place Joe as his comp. And wont factor in the Neo Soul dudes who brought another set of skills to the table.
    For the record shortie had than Joe debut as well and was reppin him as well. Eyeroll to both of them, but ive come around to Joe.

I would say Brain comes out of the 80s type Howard Hewitt Trenchcoat Soul type steez with a nod to Luther's extra Coconut Oil stylings.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    batmon said:
    a nod to Luther's extra Coconut Oil stylings.

haha

i can stand joe at least, all the things your man won't do sons brian mcknights entire catalouge.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    SIRUS said:
    phongone said:

yes, folks love this song. it's not even his voice (that much), it's the sentiment, the production, everything else going on in concert with his voice.

Maaaan - I guess my heart belongs in the icebox, this does not inspire at all.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    bassie said:
    SIRUS said:
    phongone said:

Maaaan - I guess my heart belongs in the icebox, this does not inspire at all.

i just realized it sounds like i am endorsing this song. i am not.