Any of you dudes care to speak on this Goodie MOb reunion??

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited April 2012 in Strut Central
I know Rey wants 'em to "get that money" and Batmon will call it "POST RAP," but what about the rest of you dudes?? Personally, I don't even see how this qualifies for a Goodie MOb song when it's 98% Cee-Lo and 2% Gipp (singing at that...no rapping), but basically this just makes me feel as confused and uncomfortable as Christina Aguilera's and Adam Levine's headnod halfway through.

Comments

• BallzDeepBallzDeep 612 Posts
    not good.
    wow, Soul Food feels like a million years ago, huh?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Had to find a youtube clip of just the track as NBC is banned for us Brits. Kind of wish I hadn't now. Three poor albums in a row probably should have given me the hint I wouldn't like this but I was at least expecting some rapping.

I'd like to say it's Cee-Lo featuring the Goodie Mob but they're not even really featuring. Guess it's a classic example of what happens to a band when they reform and one member is waaaay more famous than when they broke up.

I think the only thing that can reignite my interest is if they confirm that there'll be at least one Organized Noize production on the full length.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I'll just listen to Big KRIT to satisfy my Goodie Mobb fix.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Cee-Lo is working very hard to make me embarrassed to have ever been a fan of his.

b/w/

Dude at the beginning shamelessly bit Michael Hutchence's flow.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    hey Herm do U consider this Hip Hop?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I consider this garbage.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Had to listen to this to remind myself why I like Cee-Lo, one of my favorite verses.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    i hate to admit that i caught a minute of the voice while all this was going on, i was eating supper at the time and the TV was on so i got up to look and see what was up and everything got confusing real quick.

i had to listen to my SoulFood 12" last night just to remind myself why i liked Cee-Lo to begin with..

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    come back world party, all is forgiven.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    SIRUS said:

had to log in and give you propples for this one right here.

herm: ??que paso guey?

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Wow. That was REALLY REALLY TERRIBLE.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Maybe the T Mo, Gipp, etc were in LA and Cee Lo was like "wanna be on TV?" Otherwise, I got nothin .

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    empanadamn said:
    SIRUS said:

had to log in and give you propples for this one right here.

herm: ??que paso guey?

BR*NT!!! You still in Hong Kong or wherever you went?